Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kilimanjaro climb in aid of Thames Valley Air Ambulance

Hi everyone
Sorry to be a nusiance but i have recently taken on the challenge of climbing kilimajaro in aid of thames valley air ambulance. This is a very good cause and to take part i need raise as much money as possible. I am filming the trip on my go pro and will post all my photos on this site once i have completed the trip
Here is the link to the page. All donations are welcome no matter how small. Please help me out with this

https://tvaakili2017.everydayhero.com/uk/zachary

Comments

• Wouldn't it be easier and safer to just give them all the money it's going to cost you to do the climb ?
  • All the money is going to thames valley air ambulance. Granted it would easier to just give them the money and not do the climb but then there is no real acheivement. I am interested in trying to reach the summit of the mountain and seeing the landscape that surrounds it
  • Hiphop. Let me get this right, YOU are going to pay every penny of your flight, transfers, accomodation, food, insurance etc etc from YOUR own bank account and not a single penny from the donations will go, either in whole or in part, towards any of these incidentals? My experience of these trips is that in effect, donees are subsidising peoples holidays. Maybe you aren't one of these types but in which case why not just go and climb it???
  • Hiphop. Let me get this right, YOU are going to pay every penny of your flight, transfers, accomodation, food, insurance etc etc from YOUR own bank account and not a single penny from the donations will go, either in whole or in part, towards any of these incidentals? My experience of these trips is that in effect, donees are subsidising peoples holidays. Maybe you aren't one of these types but in which case why not just go and climb it???

Agree, not judging Hiphop but these people who stand outside sainsburys putting the pots in your face and looking down at you if you ignore them, why not get a Saturday job and give the proceeds to said charity rather than standing there for 9 hours to collect £6.78

You joined just in time to plea for the trip though mate, again, not judging and apologise if you have had previous usernames in past 8/9 years
  • If you dont wish to donate then there is no need to comment like this. Its a legitmate event that i am trying to raise money for. If you want to discuss further. And doubt my legitamacy then you can approach me at the valley sometime. I dont wave around pots on saturday. I work full time as a truck mechanic wanted to say i acheived something great in my 30's. Funny how everyone has to be critical of everything and cant just see soming trying to do some good. Like i said if you dont want to donate then dont. I'm not forcing anyone just merely thought i would see if fellow charlton fans would be kind enough to help me out
  • Didnt insinuate you waved pots around, great cause, good luck.

I think the idea is to go and climb it and raise money for a good cause at the same time.
    Have you ever climbed before Hip Hop?
  • Yeah i have climbed mount snowdon twice have also climbed mount tryphon in snowdonia range twice as well
  • Yeah i have climbed mount snowdon twice have also climbed mount tryphon in snowdonia range twice as well

Good, you'll know it can be hard work. I've never climbed Kilimanjaro but have most of Scotland and all of the Lake District.
    Kili is hard, you'll have early starts, hot days and cold nights....and shit food.
    Don't buy any special kit, I've got it all. PM me if there's anything you need.

and start training now.
  • Yeah i started my training about 2 months ago. Keep up it every 2 weeks to slowly get myself used to it. I know its going to be very hard work but if i can acheive it im sure it will be worth it
  • Sponsored links:

• Have a good holiday