Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alternative Nike Kit - CAFC/C.A.R.D Edition

edited July 2016 in General Charlton
Now it has been confirmed what kit we will be wearing next season, and that the C.A.R.D one has gone past it deadline. I have come up with a small idea, more to the point of my original idea before the C.A.R.D one had happened.

Who would be interested in getting a black & white (or even the red and white) version of our new kit with a Sword or wording of C.A.F.C (as a badge) embroiled on it?

Cost would be £15 for an Adult nike top, £5 for the badge to be sewn on so £20 roughly. Exc postage.

It will help keep us in the same colours/kit as the team but taking money away from the regime. Well let me know anyway and if I get strong enough interest, I will try and get this up and running as soon as possible, that the kits can be delivered before the new kit actually gets sold.

image or image

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Or...............

buy a protest shirt as they'll no doubt go on sale again in future.

I like the idea though, as i love the sword only badge, but the sword is copyrighted and you could get in a lot of financial trouble for using it.

"Copyright is infringed when any of the following acts are done without permission, whether directly or indirectly and whether the whole or a substantial part of a work is used:

copying the work in any way
    issuing copies of the work to the public
    renting or lending copies of the work to the public
    performing, showing or playing the work in public
    broadcasting the work or other communication to the public by electronic transmission
    making an adaptation of the work.

However, some minor uses may fall within the scope of exceptions to copyright; further information on these, and on the recent changes to the law, can be found in our copyright guide.

Copyright infringement can lead to substantial penalties, even if the UK legal system is unlikely to hit American levels of awards.

Upon conviction in the magistrates' court the maximum term of incarceration in the UK for copyright infringement is 6 months and/or a fine of up to £50,000.

Upon conviction in the Crown Court the maximum term of incarceration in the UK for copyright infringement is 10 years and/or an "unlimited" fine.

Colleges, universities and other learning providers may be vulnerable to the extent that office holders and those responsible for compliance must not knowingly facilitate the commercial abuse of copyright protected work.

For example - most if not all of our contracts with our database providers reserve the right to terminate the agreement for a material breach and to recover the costs from ARU; this could also lead to compensation for such infringement. As a result, the entire University would lose access to all the journal articles etc. provided through that database."
  • Dazzler21 said:

Or...............

buy a protest shirt.

As I mentioned, the deadline for the protest shirt had gone. "that the C.A.R.D one has gone past it deadline" - From the original post.

And why not give other options? If someone doesn't like the look of the protest shirt but think the new kit looks smart, why not give the opportunity to get the same kit but without funding the regime.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Or...............

buy a protest shirt.

As I mentioned, the deadline for the protest shirt had gone. "that the C.A.R.D one has gone past it deadline" - From the original post.

And why not give other options? If someone doesn't like the look of the protest shirt but think the new kit looks smart, why not give the opportunity to get the same kit but without funding the regime.
    Just really don't use that badge is my advice.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Or...............

buy a protest shirt.

Badge etc is up for discussion if others are interested. We could always use the one from the protest shirt. With that on there, we can always see if the sponsor would like to go on a few more. Then add a tiny bit more ££ to shirt and then we can raise more money for Card when actual figures are arranged.
  • edited July 2016

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Or...............

buy a protest shirt.

Badge etc is up for discussion if others are interested. We could always use the one from the protest shirt. With that on there, we can always see if the sponsor would like to go on a few more. Then add a tiny bit more ££ to shirt and then we can raise more money for Card when actual figures are arranged.
    Make sure @Nug and the others are aware... That badge is copyright too.
  • edited July 2016
    Overall, this could be an alternative kit for the CARD shirt. But sold on the same website, same sponsor and same badge. Just using the Nike template kit which is easily picked up. These would be available a lot sooner and I am sure if done correctly, a lot of people would happily have both kits. If it needs to be discussed, I'm open to the option of helping or just passing the ball in to their court as they have everything already in place and I have the utter most respect of what they have done with the other shirt. But I've seen a lot of positive remarks regarding the new kit, so lets capitalise on it together. @Dazzler21 @Nug
  • I just bought a hoodie from TOFFS and it has the sword, I guess they license it though.

I like the idea though. Gets rid of the shit sponser and keeps a few quid out of Roland's pocket.
  • edited July 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm fairly sure that a major reason for not going with a standard Nike design was that it was felt important that the protest shirt would stand out from the club variety. Even if people do decide to go to home games, wearing the protest shirt will make a statement.

Not really 100% sure that the red Nike shirt, identical, bar the badges and sponsorship, would make the same statement.
  • I think it's a great idea
  • Buying the same teamwear kit and embroidering a sword on it is definitely copyright infringement
  • My understanding of the sword is it is from the emblem for London.

So as an individual item either Charlton Athletic have broken copy-write, or the sword on its own is OK to use.
  • seth plum said:

My understanding of the sword is it is from the emblem for London.

So as an individual item either Charlton Athletic have broken copy-write, or the sword on its own is OK to use.

If it was okay Seth we would have used it.
  • A generic sword would be fine. A sword being held by a disembodied hand is probably not. You'd have to check the fine detail of CAFC's copyright I guess. Either way the robin on a ball thing would work.
  • Trade marks not copyright guys. Different things. Might be some copyright ad well, but it's the clubs registered trade marks you need to worry about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good idea in my opinion. I'd have a few.
  • McBobbin said:

Trade marks not copyright guys. Different things. Might be some copyright ad well, but it's the clubs registered trade marks you need to worry about.

Apologies that's what I meant...
  • I tried to order a Royal and white one for one of my customers today, no stock with Nike until November, this is a new design this year in all the colour ways and there ain't a lot of stock available, whoever is quoting you a fiver for the badge is taking the piss, if you are seriously interested in getting this done I won't charge a fiver and can get these in if in stock with Nike
  • I tried to order a Royal and white one for one of my customers today, no stock with Nike until November, this is a new design this year in all the colour ways and there ain't a lot of stock available, whoever is quoting you a fiver for the badge is taking the piss, if you are seriously interested in getting this done I won't charge a fiver and can get these in if in stock with Nike

My nan with her sewing kit.
  • So far there's mixed views on the idea but that was to be expected. I will ring a few places tomorrow to see if they actually have the shirts in stock and if so, then we can move forward from there. @nug would it be possible to use the badge from the protest? If so and we can arrange this, we will get a % donated to the card fund.
  • Nobody sits on stock we all order it from Nike
  • Hasn't the protest shirt sold out?
  • If I could afford it would buy both new home or a new training top and the protest shirt
  • Would have a couple. If you are having a kick about or training it is the norm to wear a shirt from the team you support.

The fact that it will be considerably cheaper than the official one would be a good bonus and it will mean less sales of the club shirt.