Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forest capacity = 0

Its been reported up here in the Midlands that Nottingham Forest have had their stadium capacity reduced to zero by the local council, as they no longer have a stadium safety officer and hence have lost their safety certificate.
With all the people leaving The Valley do we still have a safety officer?

Comments

• I think we'd have a problem if Mick Everett called in sick...
  • As John Little has left no we don't but we have time to appoint someone to replace him, if it hasn't happened already.
    WSS said:

I think we'd have a problem if Mick Everett called in sick...

So true
  • Surely big Tone southstand can fill the position along side his tea making duties?
  • A local council that takes safety at football seriously. That's so good to hear if true. I'm no expert but I sometimes wonder about how some grounds get passed for safety. I've even previously wondered about the upper west concourse and the half time crush up there when we were in the premiership though I suspect it's not really going to be an issue again for a while.
  • A local council that takes safety at football seriously. That's so good to hear if true. I'm no expert but I sometimes wonder about how some grounds get passed for safety. I've even previously wondered about the upper west concourse and the half time crush up there when we were in the premiership though I suspect it's not really going to be an issue again for a while.

Yep its true @letthegoodtimesroll BBC breakfast news (East Midlands today) reporting it and also that Forest are in talks with the local City council how they can resolve before season kicks off.

Yep its true @letthegoodtimesroll BBC breakfast news (East Midlands today) reporting it and also that Forest are in talks with the local City council how they can resolve before season kicks off.
    Let's hope a few more councils follow their lead. If grounds or individual stands are not deemed to be fully safe or if there is nobody taking day to day responsibility to oversee that safety then they should be closed. In football there is always next season for fans if things are going badly on the pitch. With safety issues there may never be another season for fans if things go badly off the pitch.

Appoint a stadium safety officer?
  • Sponsored links:

Appoint a competent/experienced stadium safety officer?
    There, fixed it for you
  • I'm assuming you can hire Contract Stadium Officers? , ie outsource it?
  • The London Borough of Greenwich takes the safety at The Valley seriously - I can promise you that. If there were any significant failings in our safety policy they would not hesitate to withdraw our licence.

No need to panic at this stage as Mick will be taking on the titular role of Stadium Safety Officer to ensure our compliance and Greenwich are happy with that.
  • Addickted said:

The London Borough of Greenwich takes the safety at The Valley seriously - I can promise you that. If there were any significant failings in our safety policy they would not hesitate to withdraw our licence.

No need to panic at this stage as Mick will be taking on the titular role of Stadium Safety Officer to ensure our compliance and Greenwich are happy with that.

Mick " 2 hats" Everett.