Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dallas police shootings

5 officers killed this morning. Kicking off out there.

Comments

• Threats of bombs scattered around Texas.
  • Very sad this, it's in response to 136 killings by police of black people this year. This is not the way to deal with it though
  • Can you blame them? There still is huge issues of racism. The police are way over the top.
  • Washington Post have it standing at 509 people have been killed by US Police in 2016
  • Of which 136 are African American mate
  • The footage of the the fella that got shot and killed in his car by the plod when he was trying to get his license out of his pocket was truly harrowing. Had his girlfriend and young daughter with him at the time.
    The events of this morning were always on the cards.
    The US police must be the worlds most brutal.
  • Washington Post have it standing at 509 people have been killed by US Police in 2016

Would like to know how many of that 509 were armed at the time of their deaths.
  • The footage of the the fella that got shot and killed in his car by the plod when he was trying to get his license out of his pocket was truly harrowing. Had his girlfriend and young daughter with him at the time.

It was a terrible thing to view I couldn't believe the dignity of the woman with him calling the police officer sir all the time scum old bill
  • Sponsored links:

The Police in Brazil are much worse I can promise you.
  • Can you blame them? There still is huge issues of racism. The police are way over the top.

Yet treating violence with violence isn't the right way to go forward... When the hell did it solve anything?

All this is going to create is another reaction from the police, following by more unrest and it'll just be an endless cycle
  • Shocking scenes from Dallas.

I'm not sure irony is the right word but it's fact that if the police had shot dead the perpetrators of today's attack then that would add to the number of black people killed by police in 2016. Nobody is a winner in this, it's just incredibly sad.

Yet treating violence with violence isn't the right way to go forward... When the hell did it solve anything?

All this is going to create is another reaction from the police, following by more unrest and it'll just be an endless cycle
    Unfortunately that's the kind of measures a group of people who were automatically judged on who they were from day one because of the colour of their skin.

I don't condone it either, but it's human nature to kick back when you're being oppressed.
  • Leuth said:

There are huge racism issues. The police culture needs to change. Protest is essential. Gunning down cops is pretty much the worst response possible, so much so that I'm not even sure the snipers care about black lives at all. They're psychopathic nutcases (like some cops, sure) and this is a terrible day.

And I shudder to think how much worse issues like this could get if Trump gets voted in
  • The footage of a restrained man being executed by the police is disgusting, the victim's colour would be unimportant if the US police were not so inherently racist. The police men that committed that last atrocity should be facing life behind bars then and only then would justice appear to be done.

However these retaliation attacks are just as evil, plus they will only ensure the bigots in uniform will continue to act unfettered by the authorities.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Leuth said:

There are huge racism issues. The police culture needs to change. Protest is essential. Gunning down cops is pretty much the worst response possible, so much so that I'm not even sure the snipers care about black lives at all. They're psychopathic nutcases (like some cops, sure) and this is a terrible day.

And I shudder to think how much worse issues like this could get if Trump gets voted in
    99% sure this won't happen, but yeah. The Republicans have played themselves into a wingnut-only corner and I can't see how any US election from now on won't be incredibly stressful for the rest of the world

I didn't realise until today that you are openly allowed to carry a hand gun or rifle and have it on show in the state of Texas, how crazy is that!

Until America sorts out its gun laws, I can see this continuing to happen.

Certainly not siding with the police, but you would certainly need your wits about you with the general public allowed to carry a gun.
  • Leuth said:

cabbles said:

Leuth said:

99% sure this won't happen, but yeah. The Republicans have played themselves into a wingnut-only corner and I can't see how any US election from now on won't be incredibly stressful for the rest of the world
    I was 99% sure Brexit wouldn't happen Leuth and look now.

I'm no lefty but I do find it quite worrying that he could be the next president. These sort of protests/killings would rise as the global economy crashes!
  • Brexit was obviously much more likely than a Trump presidency. Brexit didn't alienate minorities and women straight off the bat. Also, HRC has an actual campaign. Remain didn't. :)

I think a bit more research is needed Curly before making statements like that
  • Suspect involved in stand-off with #Dallas police officers is dead, US media reports say https://t.co/d6hI0UdADv

— BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking) July 8, 2016
  • If this graph is accurate, this month is the only one in the last 2 years that police haven't killed a black person every other day. But hey, we're only 8 days in so plenty of time guys!
  • Liked, even though I'm not sure about your opening sentence. They were like 20 minutes from pressing the red button lol