Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Pogba - 100 Million Deal , Is he all that?

I heard this a few days ago , looks likely to happen (perhaps) is he really worth 100 million, or is it just the going rate for a good player?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10494470/manchester-united-in-talks-over-paul-pogba-transfer-sky-sources

Comments

• Not if the points he's got my fantasy team in the Euros are anything to go by....
  • 100 Million !!!
    The world has gone mad :open_mouth:
  • Think that 100m could end up being a steal the way things are going... Best in his position in the world and he is 22
  • Not in a footballing sense he isn't. But then again deals at the top level these days are more than just about football - it's about brand, merchandise, image etc.

From a footballing perspective, I can't see how a player can be worth £100 million unless they are pretty much guaranteed to score in every single game and effectively give you the title over and over again. A player like Paul Pogba alone isn't going to give you that.
  • Kante > Pogba
  • Absolute madness , the arsehole will fall out of the game 1 day , just look at palace offering 31million for benteke how can they afford that crazy money .
  • I'm sure the same things were said when Shearer went for £15m, Buffon £30m, Bale £80m.

The whole time TV companies fight over the rights, the money in the game will keep increasing.

Man Utd aren't messing about. They'll win it next season.
  • boogica said:

Absolute madness , the arsehole will fall out of the game 1 day , just look at palace offering 31million for benteke how can they afford that crazy money .

I wonder if things like Kodi will speed that along.

I've always felt that the money in Football will see the game implode and if everyone cancels their SKY subscriptions to take up the free service then where does the money being put into the Premier League go?

Of course no doubt they'll be the ones to push for Kodi being made illegal so that wont happen but you never know.
  • boogica said:

Absolute madness , the arsehole will fall out of the game 1 day , just look at palace offering 31million for benteke how can they afford that crazy money .

I've always felt that the money in Football will see the game implode and if everyone cancels their SKY subscriptions to take up the free service then where does the money being put into the Premier League go?

Of course no doubt they'll be the ones to push for Kodi being made illegal so that wont happen but you never know.
    Most of my mates have got SKY and I've told them about Kodi but they're just not interested. People are lazy, so the TV companies won't even be that worried.
  • Sponsored links:

• More than Ronaldo or Bale? No chance... first player to go at that price should be Messi.
  • If Roly pulls this off... that's it the boycott is off, where's the s/t form? Just imaging Pogba, IN A CHARLTON SHIRT!!!!

I mean wow!
  • boogica said:

Most of my mates have got SKY and I've told them about Kodi but they're just not interested. People are lazy, so the TV companies won't even be that worried.
    Was telling my mate about Kodi just yesterday... He was a bit reluctant (because its Streaming) but got his attention when I showed him the boxes are being sold on Amazon... He's got to clear his Credit Card over the next few months but is tempted to replace his SKY TV Service for their Broadband Service and go for it
  • Stupid money for a defensive midfielder, Kante you could buy for 20-30 million.
  • In relative terms if people like Benteke are £30m+, Stones is quoted at £50m etc then yes, I think he is - reminds me of Toure a bit and he was unplayable when on form for a couple of years. Only 23 too so he'll have resale value when Madrid go after him in 2-3 years time and prices have inflated more.

Of course in reality prices (and wages) are absolutely barmy now, it's stupid.
  • The fact that James Tomkins has gone for £10m shows how the game has lost its head here now!!

Was he even a First Team player at West Ham or did he have to rotate with the others?
  • I've been impressed with Jose so far by the way - as Valley Gary said he's come in and identified weak areas and players he wants to sort them very quickly. If they don't try to shoehorn Rooney in and he has the balls to drop him then I can see them doing well this season.
  • edited July 2016
    Bournemouth have just had a £15m fee accepted for Liverpool's Jordan Ibe... £15m!!!!

And people question why Roland doesnt buy English players, sorry but in this respect I agree with him
  • Stupid money for a defensive midfielder, Kante you could buy for 20-30 million.

Stupid money for a defensive midfielder, Kante you could buy for 20-30 million.

Pogba is box-to-box
  • boogica said:

i've seen the thread on it, but haven't got it. I don't know if my tablet could download it. Is it any good?
  • Sponsored links:

• In relative terms if people like Benteke are £30m+, Stones is quoted at £50m etc then yes, I think he is - reminds me of Toure a bit and he was unplayable when on form for a couple of years. Only 23 too so he'll have resale value when Madrid go after him in 2-3 years time and prices have inflated more.

He's not a galactico type player though, and most Madrid signings are flashy forwards

I guess the comparative question would be, how much would Vieira or Roy Keane be worth now, as they play a similar role tom Pogba
  • I reckon you could get Ronaldo and Messi together for that fee.

He's not a galactico type player though, and most Madrid signings are flashy forwards

I guess the comparative question would be, how much would Vieira or Roy Keane be worth now, as they play a similar role tom Pogba
    Doubt it would be much as just need to agree compensation with New York City and the Republic of Ireland for them.

Bit past it now though
  • Jayajosh said:

I reckon you could get Ronaldo and Messi together for that fee.

Jayajosh said:

Thing is Ronaldo would still be £60-70m and he's on his way down. Pogba will improve. I don't see him as a box-to-box midfielder by the way - think he'll play further forward if they sign him, behind Zlatan.
  • Jayajosh said:

Jayajosh said:

Thing is Ronaldo would still be £60-70m and he's on his way down. Pogba will improve. I don't see him as a box-to-box midfielder by the way - think he'll play further forward if they sign him, behind Zlatan.
    Won't that be where Mikhatarian will play?
  • cabbles said:

boogica said:

i've seen the thread on it, but haven't got it. I don't know if my tablet could download it. Is it any good?
    I bought a pre loaded box that goes straight into my tv and it's excellent. Can't pretty much watch any top game in the world. Gotta have good internet speed tho.
  • Jayajosh said:

Jayajosh said:

Won't that be where Mikhatarian will play?
    Right wing I reckon.

Maybe Jose will do similar with Pogba (if they get him) as he did with Fabregas at Chelsea - put him alongside a defensive midfielder v the smaller teams but further forward in front of two more defensive midfielders in the big games?
  • 23 years old Pogba £100mill
    29 years old Vardy 2 30mill
    28 years old Luis Figo 15 years ago £37mill

Sont think Pogba a price is far off being correct.
  • I reckon they'll go:

De Gea
    Darmian, Bailly, Smalling, Shaw
    Schneiderlin, 1 other
    Mkhitarian, Pogba, Martial
    Ibrahimovic

Not sure if they'll make a new signing in the middle!!
  • 23 years old Pogba £100mill
    29 years old Vardy 2 30mill
    28 years old Luis Figo 15 years ago £37mill

Sont think Pogba a price is far off being correct.

But this is based on age and not quality.