Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How has the Tory party let the country down?

1. Brexit vote
2. Lack of planning on post Brexit vote
3. Having been voted in, on Labour financial mis-management (post 2008 banking scandal) have doubled national debt
4. Purport to support the market economy but turn a blind eye to uncompetitive practises. (Energy, banking, insurance etc) No ads.
5. Do nothing to address the growing gap between rich and poor.
6. Actively encourage tax evasion
7. Allow foreign domination of our media
8. Promote tax breaks for the rich
9. Allow foreign criminals to invest in our country with no probing.
10. Ignore poor whole northern communities lack of oportunties.
11. Elitist and public schoolboy mentality
12. Boris, Osbourne, Jeremy Hunt.
13. Zero hours contracts, pension deficits despite share dividends, unchallengable Exec packages, rewards for failure.
14.Lack of action on CT evasion, including tax deals
15.NHS propose RENEGING on contracts with junior doctors

Over to you Fiiish - Corbyn not responsible for any of the above.

Comments

• Privatisation, Selling off Social Housing, Defence Review 2010
  • Riviera said:
    This isn't a politics thread.

This is simply a Labour Wibble moment. It can't be helped.
  • To be fair the politics threads are pretty good on CL, mostly well thought out arguments.

Much more interesting than If Pope's Mobile enough.
  • What your saying is mostly all theory.

The debt has increased and the interest rates are piling up and only going one way but I doubt in hindsight had labour continued in office post 2008 that it would be any better now.
    Borrowing was of course inevitable.

"6. Actively encourage tax evasion."

You lost me. Complete bollocks.

To re-phrase something a bit more possibly closer to the truth.

6. Not making it any less challenging to enable certain people to go ahead with tax AVOIDANCE.

• Tories, boooooo!
  • Sponsored links:

• It has dismantled local councils, support for the disabled, support for young people, support for the mentally ill, all public services under the banner of austerity and pulling back our deficit. And now has quietly given up on that and willing to put billions in the banks to keep our economy they just wrecked afloat.
  • Okay, I'll bite. What are the uncompetitive practises in energy, banking and insurance?
  • But surely anyone who voted Labour to put Tony Blair in charge, effectively voted in a terrorist? ;)
  • Let's face it, the Tories fucked up big time on this issue.
    If the Labour party was led by somebody more like a pre-worm-turned Blair they would be in a strong position to take advantage of the disarray.
    Corbyn is the new Michael Foot, an apparently principled left wing stance that arguably has considerable merit but has no appeal to the electorate.
    Having to compromise his view to reflect the party line took his feet from under him.
    The country is in limbo whilst charlatans, careerists and lame ducks dither.
  • I wouldn't ever vote Tory but most of those could also be aimed at Labour.
  • Dave2l said:

What your saying is mostly all theory.

The debt has increased and the interest rates are piling up and only going one way but I doubt in hindsight had labour continued in office post 2008 that it would be any better now.
    Borrowing was of course inevitable.

"6. Actively encourage tax evasion."

You lost me. Complete bollocks.

To re-phrase something a bit more possibly closer to the truth.

6. Not making it any less challenging to enable certain people to go ahead with tax AVOIDANCE.

In another thread I highlighted that France, Germany and US are forcing the Swiss to reveal account details of tax dodgers. We are not involved. And of course the current PM has benefited from his fathers scheme. Many of the tax havens are British dependencies that we are doing nothing to close down. If that isn't actively encouraging, what is?
  • cafcfan said:

Okay, I'll bite. What are the uncompetitive practises in energy, banking and insurance?

Offgen calculate that the big 6 have overcharged customers billons and demanded for years that prices are reduced. CMA ditto. They (each with budgets of nearly £200m) are ignored. Banking. PPI, LIBOR etc. But the biggest show is that these industries no longer advertise to any extent, so how are they competing for business? This allows them to get away with shocking customer service, often outsourced abroad, reducing employment opportunities or advancement for our kids and allows senior management to pay themselves more. The gap between rich and poor grows further. Is this the society you want?
  • Some good bites from the frothers there HG. Well done sir.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:
    I note with interest that you did not link to that particular item on the Tony Blair thread, can't think why...
  • It hasn't let me down I'm an Old Etonian Banker with a penchant for hunting and buggery.

Of course I'm really worried......Jeremy has made Labour hugely more popular and electable, I think Roland would have more chance of being elected if he stood.
  • Given the present malarkey all over Westminster, the Brexit voters who wanted independence and to control things for ourselves and for 'democracy' are now looking at this marvellous example of self determination.
    To irony is that brexit leaders are bogging off now leaving others to sort out the mess.
  • Ahhhhhhhhh shame don't like democracy now ---- boooo hooooo

What's that noise shhhhhhhhhhhhh O yes it's the " progressives " crying
  • edited July 2016

Says the man whose solution to people disagreeing with his politics is to burn them...

• Some good bites from the frothers there HG. Well done sir.

They'll be chairing him around the common room after that one!
  • Scottish Referendum has been missed from the list.