Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New club website next season

Just seen on the clubs facebook page about a new website next season, moving away from the fli type and in partnership with ITRM. Not sure how to link the UrL

Comments

• New digital era for Charlton as club announces plans for new website
    Posted: Wed 06 Jul 2016
    Author: cafc.co.uk
    image: http://www.cafc.co.uk/cms_images/itrm-4383-3172016_613x460.jpg

The club have begun work alongside ITRM to provide a brand new, bespoke website which will go live in the summer of 2017
    Charlton are working alongside IT partner ITRM to develop a brand new, interactive official website which will go live to supporters in time for the 2017/18 season.

The development of the new website kicked off on Tuesday evening at a workshop at The Valley which included club representatives, as well as those from ITRM and fan group Target 20k.

Having been part of the Football League Interactive agreement since 2012, the club will provide supporters with an engaging platform at cafc.co.uk from the summer of 2017, improving communication with fans while providing an enhanced user experience.

Charlton will work alongside ITRM on the project which will see the official club website fully align with that of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust.

Tuesday's meeting allowed fans to share their thoughts on what they want to see from the club’s online presence and they will continue to add valuable input to the project over the next 12 months as part of the ongoing activity to ensure supporters remain at the heart of the football club.

Charlton Chief of Operations, Tony Keohane added: “We’re delighted to begin work on the new website which will enhance fans’ access to the club. We recognise that digital platforms are key to promoting awareness of the club to future and existing fans.

“We want the website to have a real Charlton feel and because of this we will include an improved, interactive, Charlton history page. The new integrated web platform will be optimised for mobiles and feature improved live streaming facilities that will provide more creative and engaging content for our fans.

“We’re delighted to have the expertise of ITRM and the insight of fans and we’re confident this will give us the best website possible that fits the needs of our fans. We’ll be working with different fan groups over the next 12 months to give us as much feedback as possible.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-new-website-itrm-partnership-3172018.aspx#BasteSAj4SClTBp6.99
  • Cheers my bloody phone werent letting me upload
  • Good, the website has been so generic and virtually unreadable in its current guise.
  • It sounds very nice. I'm all for having my access enhanced. I can barely wait to experience the 'real Charlton feel' as well. How exciting!
  • Bloody 'fan group T20k'. Just who make up this group, how many of them and who do they represent?

Nice to know that the website is being revamped though.
  • The current clubs website has been pants since it stopped being an in house job.
    So this, maybe, might be something the current regime has got right. But I really couldn't give a toss what they might get right now off the pitch.
    I still won't buy a season ticket.
  • ITRM! They must have recycled Carol Fry and it's an InTeRiM website. Either that or or they've finally found something that Murray can do from his retirement home: IT Richard Murray.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seeing as the club are so keen to have the clubs history involved in the relaunch of the website they will have engaged with the museum to help carry out this task. Otherwise left up to the current regime we could have Alan Campbell shown as Graham Moore.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Seeing as the club are so keen to have the clubs history involved in the relaunch of the website they will have engaged with the museum to help carry out this task. Otherwise left up to the current regime we could have Alan Campbell shown as Graham Moore.

Well ITRM did the museum's new site but I haven't had a phone call from Tony Keone asking why it is called the South Stand as yet.

• And its next summer not this.
  • Good. The current website is shite and has been every since the football league standard template was adopted.

I'll wait to see if the new one is actually up to snuff before passing judgement, but for now I will treat this with optimism and assume it is the club trying to do something for the good.
  • I'm nothing if not paranoid and delusional, but I do worry that this sentence - "Charlton will work alongside ITRM on the project which will see the official club website fully align with that of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust" - will indicate more efforts by the regime to claim CACT as their own.

Also, does the involvement of Target 20k reflect the number of hits they expect on the new site each season? I'm not sure I'd go to it terribly often should the ownership not change.
  • And its next summer not this.

Over a year for a football club website...?
  • LuckyReds said:

And its next summer not this.

We have an agreement with the football league that has another year on it.

The aim is to do it right hence taking time with it
  • My guess is that the announcement now is linked to the shirt sponsorship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

LuckyReds said:

Well it's taken two years to not get the football side of things right, won't hold my breath for the website in a year then. Why bother announcing it a year in advance just get on with it.
  • Nug said:

Swisdom said:

LuckyReds said:

Well it's taken two years to not get the football side of things right, won't hold my breath for the website in a year then. Why bother announcing it a year in advance just get on with it.
    They've announced it this far in advance it seems because they want to get it right and involve fan groups in the process.

Or they could just not involve anybody and just crack on with it and then get pillared for not asking fans what they wanted when nobody likes it.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
  • Swisdom said:

LuckyReds said:

I can completely understand the agreement with the football league having another year, that makes a lot of sense.

I'm guessing development isn't kicking off this early, just project admin and design etc?
  • Nug said:

Swisdom said:

LuckyReds said:

They've announced it this far in advance it seems because they want to get it right and involve fan groups in the process.

Or they could just not involve anybody and just crack on with it and then get pillared for not asking fans what they wanted when nobody likes it.

What fans? You and your little group? Doubt any fans outside you will be involved.
  • edited July 2016
    Nug said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

LuckyReds said:

What fans? You and your little group? Doubt any fans outside you will be involved.
    Article says "We’ll be working with different fan groups over the next 12 months to give us as much feedback as possible.”

Can only go from what the article says.
  • Funny how every fans group they mention these days seems to be your Target 20k group though? They must really value your contributions.
  • Quite a few CAFC fans at ITRM and a couple on here I think
  • Be glad to see the end of the current shared website template, it just looked cheap and lower division standard ( even if we have now dropped to that level on the pitch as well!)
  • Quite a few CAFC fans at ITRM and a couple on here I think

Not CAFC fans then