Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Kit Delay (official one)

not that I will be getting one anyway, but is the delay for the new kit to be announced because the club are still struggling to find sponsors?

Comments

• not that I will be getting one anyway, but is the delay for the new kit to be announced because the club are still struggling to find sponsors?

Or, indeed, customers to purchase said kit????
  • Then they should just sell without sponsors and offer a free printing service when they get a sponsor.

Thy can't even be bothered to put themselves out for the customers who would buy one.

Would be a bit embarrassing though, releasing a kit without sponsors would show failure wouldnt it
  • edited July 2016
    Or are they just telling porkies and just put Roly's company name on the shirts
  • It's coming out this week
  • Then they should just sell without sponsors and offer a free printing service when they get a sponsor.

Thy can't even be bothered to put themselves out for the customers who would buy one.

I dare say that some would find more incentive to buy the kit too, as sometimes the sponsors can ruin a decent kit.
  • LuckyReds said:

Then they should just sell without sponsors and offer a free printing service when they get a sponsor.

I dare say that some would find more incentive to buy the kit too, as sometimes the sponsors can ruin a decent kit.
    Yeah, just look at the protest shirt.
  • It may be because KM didn't order the kit in time.

A club usually orders kit by the end of October, but last season we didn't do this until mid / end of November.

Saying that, the search for new sponsorship would also have an effect on the release date too. I now wonder if they have managed to get new sponsorship especially as we have been quite critical of potential new sponsors. Knowing our luck though, they have got new sponsorship and it will be from either a pay day loan company, or worse still, a betting shop.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm saving my money for the 2017 calendar at Xmas - so I can find out the order that players will be leaving us the following season.

They can't even be bothered to put themselves out for the customers who would buy one.

Problem with that is the potential sponsors would be offering a lot less money as some people will prefer a sponsorless shirt, some will not like that particular sponsor and some just can't be fucked to go get the sponsor added.

If you have sold a decent percentage of your projected summer sales then the sponsors will be offering peanuts.
  • shirty5 said:

Whoever decides to put their business name on the shirt, don't expect any business coming your way. That goes to anyone advertising on the pitch perimeters as well.

As for the club shop then it's as we were. Nothing bought from it until they go.

Behave - some of those signs haven't changed in 10 years. They continually support the club and will continue to do so.

It's good value for money for a business to have that many potential pairs eyes looking at it - as well as a few minutes of TV coverage.

• Given the extra media attention the protests bring in I would have thought sponsoring Charlton could be great value, particularly for the right product.
  • Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:

Whoever decides to put their business name on the shirt, don't expect any business coming your way. That goes to anyone advertising on the pitch perimeters as well.

As for the club shop then it's as we were. Nothing bought from it until they go.

Behave - some of those signs haven't changed in 10 years. They continually support the club and will continue to do so.

It's good value for money for a business to have that many potential pairs eyes looking at it - as well as a few minutes of TV coverage.

I personally hope we get electronic boards in soon, that way they can be changed game by game, and it looks a lot better
  • colthe3rd said:

LuckyReds said:

Then they should just sell without sponsors and offer a free printing service when they get a sponsor.

While I agree that sponsorship can ruin the look of a good shirt design, I think in this case it's more about the statement the shirt makes. To me it's says, we offered to work with you to help this club grow, instead we were told you would do it your way and you lied and treated us with contempt. We are capable of taking away shirt sales, sponsors as well as other income. If only you'd listened Katrien ;)
  • I blame the delay on two things....berxit and Royal Mail
  • Sponsored links:

• cafckev said:

I blame the delay on two things....berxit and Royal Mail

Berkshire's leaving the UK?
    If it was Hampshire leaving, it would be Dummer.

• I believe it is bought not brought.

The protest shirt is an absolute bargain and orders for the first shipment stop in two days.

Bry one...or two.
  • T.C.E said:

colthe3rd said:

LuckyReds said:

While I agree that sponsorship can ruin the look of a good shirt design, I think in this case it's more about the statement the shirt makes. To me it's says, we offered to work with you to help this club grow, instead we were told you would do it your way and you lied and treated us with contempt. We are capable of taking away shirt sales, sponsors as well as other income. If only you'd listened Katrien ;)
    It was a joke mate, no need to get so serious about it.
  • cafc999 said:

It may be because KM didn't order the kit in time.

A club usually orders kit by the end of October, but last season we didn't do this until mid / end of November.

Saying that, the search for new sponsorship would also have an effect on the release date too. I now wonder if they have managed to get new sponsorship especially as we have been quite critical of potential new sponsors. Knowing our luck though, they have got new sponsorship and it will be from either a pay day loan company, or worse still, a betting shop.

It seems a but daft that you have to choose your kit so early, when we're only picking a design from the Nike pub team catalogue.
  • If they can't find a sponsor, maybe we will go with "Katrien Meire, CEO" on the front. I see no reason why we shouldn't be sponsoring someone and why not our uber-talented, young, female dynamo? Would be very popular with those not contemplating a CARD Protest Shirt.

I think that should just go with "CARD" on the shirt
  • cafc999 said:

It seems a but daft that you have to choose your kit so early, when we're only picking a design from the Nike pub team catalogue.
    Surely they can order it all online? 2 for 1 bargains... xxxl sizes for the third division cart horses we will ship in... come on Latrien open an a/c and get a credit line going!
  • Given the extra media attention the protests bring in I would have thought sponsoring Charlton could be great value, particularly for the right product.

May I suggest "rat traps" as the perfect product...?
  • cafc999 said:

Not daft at all. Just have a look at how many teams use template kits and how much of it each team uses. Now, if all of those teams ordered there kit at the end of the season then it would become a nightmare to manufacture, deliver and even register your kit with the league.