Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stilian Petrov - wonderful news

Breaking my holiday purdah to post this.

Just gutted we can't give him the standing ovation he richly deserves if he would play again this season.

But my thoughts turn to Kishi, who tragically lost his wife to cancer

Comments

• By all accounts one of the real good guys in football. I heard a story that when he moved to Celtic he worked in a burger van to help improve his English. A tidy footballer as well, supposedly a great captain. You can only wonder if things would have been different for Villa in the last few years had he been healthy. All the best to him.
  • Was shocked when I read the news the other day... Couldnt be more pleased to see any Footballer coming back from anything like this regardless of who they are and what they've done in the past.

Never realised that Kishishev lost his wife to cancer though
  • Oh, how terribly sad. Can we get a CL message of condolence to him? Kish never gave anything less than his all for us.

It was around the same time as Petrov was diagnosed, and I think we did manage to do that.
  • Was shocked when I read the news the other day... Couldnt be more pleased to see any Footballer coming back from anything like this regardless of who they are and what they've done in the past.

Never realised that Kishishev lost his wife to cancer though

Yes very very sad to here if I remember rightly he lost her 2 years ago, I may be wrong but it doesn't seem long ago
  • Great news. Be great if he managed to get a contract - even if he doesn't it's still good to learn he's doing so well.
  • Great news for Stan and I really hope this works for him and he gets back fully. Would be great to see him lead Villa out again.

Dreadful about Kish's wife. Found out last night that a friend of mine has been given 2 weeks. She's only 47 and has a young child. Devastating. Such a horrible disease.
  • Wow! Some really good news for a really decent man.
  • Great news, have seen this out and about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck to him
  • What a guy. If he's up to it, I wouldn't be against us offering him a deal.
  • TelMc32 said:

Great news for Stan and I really hope this works for him and he gets back fully. Would be great to see him lead Villa out again.

Dreadful about Kish's wife. Found out last night that a friend of mine has been given 2 weeks. She's only 47 and has a young child. Devastating. Such a horrible disease.

I know I'm being a little edgy here, but fuck cancer.