Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ITALY v SPAIN

Been looking forward to this one, should be a cracker, even in the torrential rain

Comments

• 1-1, extra time and pens
  • I am going for Italy, less skilful, more heavy duty, terrific on the break and great defenders
  • edited June 2016
    My prediction - 1-0 Italy. Pelle with the goal
  • Whats with all the empty seats?
  • Whats with all the empty seats?

no shows ?
  • They weren't empty but torrential rain at the very start had lots of them running for cover
  • edited June 2016

My prediction - 1-0 Italy. Pelle with the goal to Chelsea .. Costa to ? .. Starbucks ?

forget it ((:>)
  • Spanish and Italian fans are tediously boring, even more so in a neutral venue.
  • The Spanish apart from the odd team seem to always have crap atmospheres
  • Sponsored links:

• Well worth the goal
  • They deserve that
  • it's been coming ..
  • Yes! Get in.
  • Ridiculous to have Spain and Italy meeting in a last 16 match!

Wales win a group and get a 3rd place team (N Ireland), Italy win a group and get a 2nd place team (Spain), which seems a bit inconsistent
  • Nick Pope would have been slaughtered on here for that goal.

and deservedly so ((:>)
  • That Spain kit is awful

Probably for turning his back on England to play for Spain.....

Nicolás de Papa?
  • Sponsored links:

• all Italy .. they ALWAYS come good at big tournaments no matter the perceived quality of their players
  • If De Gea isn't currently the best goalkeeper in the world, I don't know who is
  • If De Gea isn't currently the best goalkeeper in the world, I don't know who is

Nick Pope ?
  • Spain are shocking, Italy having a go at eachother for not moving around enough despite dominating them. Shows just how disciplined and focused they are.

Probably for turning his back on England to play for Spain.....
    Well, he's name is pope...

And those Irish fans can sing songs about him thinking the queens a slag.
  • Spain are a spent force now it would seem. Makes you realise what a good player Xavi was - used to pull the strings in midfield.
  • Not watching but have they not been dubbed the worst Italy team for 40 years?
  • Not watching but have they not been dubbed the worst Italy team for 40 years?

On paper you would say they have a lot of a average joes. But the 3 centre halves and the keeper have been together at Juve for ages and know each other inside out - which is a huge advantage for them. The key against them is getting the lead.... go 1-0 down and it's a massive struggle to break down the defence.

Cue Spain 2-1!!
  • Another great save from Pope
  • wrong referee for a game this big .. he is a bit lost