Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Confirmed: Nicky Ajose Signs 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Now most payers are back for pre season, at most clubs too, I expect deals to start happening quicker. I expect us to make 6-7 first team signings, and 4-5 to leave.
  • Lynched? I gave the fan pressure some credit!
  • *Musn't......like......our..........transfer............dealings*
  • Got to be happy with this, although there are the now two customary CL questions to be addressed (how tall & Leave vs Remain)

What about the third and most important... Would ya?
  • Got to be happy with this, although there are the now two customary CL questions to be addressed (how tall & Leave vs Remain)

What about the third and most important... Would ya?
    If he nets a couple of winners against Millwall then yes, he might not even have a say in the matter.

If he doesn't then it's a not(o) from Otto.
  • Good signing.

Has Pinocchio resigned yet?
  • First three signings look good. I will make my assessment of the dealings after the next three. Every season so far we have made two or three decent signings only for that to be supplemented with cheap dross.

Let's wait to see where we are in a months time.

Welcome Nicky. Knock em cold son.
  • Good signing, steps in the right direction, helleva long way to go yet though, still not renewing, still not had a call.
  • Sponsored links:

• So how is it pronounced?

Is it Ay-Joe-Say?

Eye-yo-zee?

Ah-yo-sa?
  • Ni-key Ah-Joe-Say
  • DA9DA9
    edited June 2016
    How is it pronounced?
  • do you know the way to Ajose ? .. I might go wrong and lose my way
  • Leuth said:

Are the Belgians.....playing a blinder this summer?

Not over yet, but this is all going nicely.

It seems the fan pressure has paid off - well, that and a few brain cells finally flickering on.

Eh, this is the first signing where I've thought "yes, good value, proven track record, right age."

On the 2-3 ocassions I've seen Nowak, I've not really see him do much. Can't say I've seen Holmes beyond highlights, but a lower league journeyman at 29 didn't thrill me, though I'd love to be wrong on both counts.

Ajose has good pedigree, and at 24 is probably about to enter the prime of his career. Something I think we overlook with SCP's League One winning team is that a lot of those players were at or below 25. I'm not someone who overly laments SCP and his leaving, but I do think that team he put together was very good, and some of that was due to the age of players who'd been overlooked elsewhere.

Glad we've added attacking players. Could still desperately use a creative central player (a #10 or a creative central midfielder). For me, the battle is now about who we can keep. Igor and Sarr already off, expect Hendo will follow, as will JBG when he's back from the Euros. But if we could keep a decent chunk of the rest, make a couple additions, we'd have an incredibly strong squad.
  • I'm over the moon with this signing! Same feeling I got when Mendonca signed ! Brilliant brilliant signing! Warm welcome Nicky!
  • Just watched the video of his goals from last season. Christ, he looks good.

Give him 2 months before we bring him down to our level and we are screaming in frustration at him :-)
  • PaddyP17 said:

- Wears gloves
    - Without a doubt the worst beard/facial hair I've ever seen

So I'm afraid I'm already judging...

I've seen woman with worse facial hair.

(PS) when I say seen, I mean in passing :wink:
    Have you met the Mrs?
  • LouisMend said:

League goals last season - Ajose 24, Novak 14, Holmes 11 (Total 49).

Charlton - 40.

Holmes is a bit more of a wild card, as his goal were in League 2, but about 40 from our (presumably) first choice front 2, in the league we are in, should bode well...
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9DA9
    edited June 2016
  • born in Bury .. let's hope that Aug 6th is a good homecoming .. for us, not them
  • Just watched the video of his goals from last season. Christ, he looks good.

Give him 2 months before we bring him down to our level and we are screaming in frustration at him :-)

Therers another on YouTube of the season before when he was at Crewe I think. Similar goals though - a real poacher

Still annoyed I haven't seen his FM16 stats
  • Fucking yes lads!
  • Swisdom said:

Just watched the video of his goals from last season. Christ, he looks good.

Therers another on YouTube of the season before when he was at Crewe I think. Similar goals though - a real poacher

Still annoyed I haven't seen his FM16 stats
    A solid, balanced 64 on FIFA. Unfortunately my days of FM seem to be behind me. Can't keep up with the kids and their technologies.

• Former Crewe player who has a similar record to a player we signed from the Railwaymen 9 years ago. Hopefully he will be better than him and not a one season wonder.

Time will tell, but won't be getting excited until we see the full squad at the end of August.

• Has he only just signed? Feels like its been going on for weeks.
  • shirty5 said:

Former Crewe player who has a similar record to a player we signed from the Railwaymen 9 years ago. Hopefully he will be better than him and not a one season wonder.

Time will tell, but won't be getting excited until we see the full squad at the end of August.

Help me out,who was that?