Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Viagogo

Looking to book a night at the proms as a surprise for my missus. The tickets for this particular one are sold out on the Royal Albert website but there are plenty on Viagogo and they're pretty reasonably priced.

Anyone used them to book tickets. Is it genuine??

Comments

• Never used them but put viagogo into the google search engine and you can then take a look at the reviews that have been posted.
  • Looking to book a night at the proms as a surprise for my missus. The tickets for this particular one are sold out on the Royal Albert website but there are plenty on Viagogo and they're pretty reasonably priced.

Anyone used them to book tickets. Is it genuine??

I have done. Never had any problems.
  • Just bear in mind that there are large add ons when you go through the checkout process, such as transaction fees etc
  • Try twickets or scarletmist, theyre fan to fan ticketing websites, have bought quite a few tickets to sold out events at face value and less before without any probs
  • edited June 2016
    ads said:

Try twickets or scarletmist, theyre fan to fan ticketing websites, have bought quite a few tickets to sold out events at face value and less before without any probs

Are you Jonothan Ross or Roy Hodgson?
  • edited June 2016
    I've bought and sold on Viagogo. Viagogo "side with" the buyer and agree their claim, unless definite proof of wrongdoing.

So I've bought before with no problem, but I did get stiffed on a sale of a Barcelona ticket, when the buyer claimed he was denied access on a print at home ticket. I sold 3 and the other 2 didn't have a problem. But they wouldn't pay me, even though I proved the ticket was valid.

I reckon he sold it/gave to a mate after copying and then turned up, was refused entry and got his money back. Double bubble. Barsteward.
  • I've sold with them before (a right palava). Buying should be ok as they just legalised touts, so they get a mass of tickets and overprice them.
  • im looking at the radiohead tickets atm, are they likely to be sold direct from viagogo or normal punters ? just trying to work out how they get around the Name on ticket bit
  • Used them for oversees football matches and they've been good, just be aware of the handling fees etc that are added at the end!
  • Sponsored links:

• @shine166 used them for sports and concert tickets, one of our mates went to the euros and the ticket he has was for a member of the russian football federation - got in no problem.
  • shine166 said:

im looking at the radiohead tickets atm, are they likely to be sold direct from viagogo or normal punters ? just trying to work out how they get around the Name on ticket bit

Viagogo is a ticket exchange site for buyers and sellers, they don't sell tickets themselves (as far as I'm aware).

They guarantee to refund buyers if you are not allowed in (as far as I'm aware).

They tend to side with the buyer if there is a dispute, because they don't want to discourage buyers.

I've bought and sold on there numerous times and only once had a problem, when I sold a print at home Barcelona ticket and wasn't paid, because the buyer claimed they were refused access.

As far as the name on tickets go, it's a non issue unless the gig is asking for ID to be shown at entry.

You could also try Stubhub, who work in the same way.
  • I used Viagogo for the Euro's in Paris last year for the Quarter Final stage if England had won the group. Unfortunately Engand had not progressed so i had sold these tickets on social media to a Welsh supporter. Two days before the event we were told by viagogo that the tickets have been removed from sale and was provided with a full refund. Obviously the Welsh supporter that i had sold these tickets too was utterly distraught when i told him the bad news. Therefore no i would not recommend using them.
  • I used Viagogo for the Euro's in Paris last year for the Quarter Final stage if England had won the group. Unfortunately Engand had not progressed so i had sold these tickets on social media to a Welsh supporter. Two days before the event we were told by viagogo that the tickets have been removed from sale and was provided with a full refund. Obviously the Welsh supporter that i had sold these tickets too was utterly distraught when i told him the bad news. Therefore no i would not recommend using them.

I've read this three times and still don't understand.