Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

US Open golf 2016

Sneaking in under the radar and starting tomorrow. I love this championship, I'm actually more bothered about this than the Euros. Oakmont ranks among the best (and toughest) courses they play.

I got carried away with my betting and went for Reed, Kuchar, Oost, Schwartzel, Snedeker, Matsuyama then Lee EW.

Who ya got?

Comments

• Wide open this year and the course is running fast, so takes away the Bombers advantage. Would love to see Rory win, but he has thrown in too many Doubles in recent tournaments. If Rose's back is ok and he is not too rusty he maybe the one.
  • Course looks utterly brutal. Going for traditional bet on Westwood and Lowry
  • Notoriously the most challenging major and with players like Mickleson saying it's the hardest set up he's ever seen at a major could this mean a winning score of well in the plus figures.
    id love to see Rose, Westwood or McIlroy
  • I've gone for Kaymer (60/1), Donald 66/1, Zach Johnson, 90/1. Had Willett (55/1) in the Masters and Chris Wood (50/1) for Wentworth, so this would be some hat trick!
  • Small each way stakes on Matt Kuchar, Retief Goosen and Andrew Johnstone.

Passed on to me by a friend of my youngest son who work together in the city.

The guy bets on most golf tournaments, and has a decent track record in the majors in recent years.

• I like Andrew Johnston but I think making the cut will be a good result for him.

Nice work Clive, my last win was Webb Simpson 4 years ago! I'll be happy as long as it goes to the 72nd hole (not 90th).
  • Repeat to self....do not back Rickie Fowler, do not back Rickie Fowler.....but of course I have.
  • Spieth & Dustin Johnson to win, Koepka ew.
  • philcafc said:

Spieth & Dustin Johnson to win, Koepka ew.

Not a bad shout.......add in Day & McIlroy too
  • Of the shorter priced ones I'd go with Day,Fowler and Kuchar
    Bigger prices Grace,Chappell,Horschell
  • Sponsored links:

• Driving stats - accuracy and greens in regulation have Stenson up there too
  • Repeat to self....do not back Rickie Fowler, do not back Rickie Fowler.....but of course I have.

+5 after 11.

Disappointing to be so stop-start today but the weather is good from tomorrow until Sunday. It'll be around 30 degrees as well so today's rain will quickly dry out. I just don't want a Monday finish!
  • how comes bubbas 2 under 2nd leader and still 28/1?
  • edited June 2016
    In 2016 Dustin Johnson ranks 1st in round 1 scoring average. Then 3rd for round 2, 77th then 57th for round 4. I hope US Open conditions don't show that deterioration up even more.

This brings back some personal memories:
  • Hope DJ can keep it going, but a long way to go yet.
  • Appears that Father Fintan Stack of Father Ted fame is about to win this!
  • US Tour stats since 2010 show that players going into the last round with a four shot lead have won 85.7% of the time.In bookies prices that works out to 1/6 but Lowry is 10/11
  • The green on the second hole is ridiculous.

What odds did you get Lowry at?
  • Sponsored links:

What odds did you get Lowry at?
    Took both at 80/1 ew.

Westwood is having a shocker
  • My stream has been cutting out so I dont know if Sky have said this - apparently DJ's potential rule infringement will be assessed after the round?! What a farce. Various players are on Twitter backing him and saying no penalty should apply.

I really hope this isn't decided by some bell end sat in an office.
  • Lowry, wtf?
  • Lowry, wtf?

I think the occasion got to him. He’s not the first person it’s happened to and he won’t be the last. It was a long day as well – DJ’s relative fitness probably helped with fatigue.

What a joke that Johnson did get penalised. With their behaviour the USGA made a mockery of their own tournament and everyone involved in it. Thank goodness DJ had shots to spare in the end.
  • Was it just me or had the lady President of the USGA who did the presentations been on the sauce all day?
  • Thanks DJ, at least that's brightened me up.
  • edited June 2016
    Disappointed with people on here. No mention of DJ's fiancée's white mini dress, lack of underwear and the seemingly endless camera shots of her arse at the end. Showed total disrespect for the great institution of the US Open.