Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2016 Betting

Apologies if thread already on this.

Any major tournament I normally sit down and have a study up and work out routes to final etc to find out finalists, top scorers etc.

This ones a minefield with so many permutations, anyhow after a coffee and a study up my selections as follows.

Finalists -

England Germany 25/1 Hills
Spain Germany 12/1 Hills
England Italy 25/1 Hills
Italy Spain 33/1 Hills

Top Scorer
Muller 7/1 Hills
Pelle 50/1 Hills
Kane 16/1 Hills

Top Scorer Winner Doubles

Griezman France 20/1 Hills
Muller Germany 16/1 Hills
Pelle Italy 100/1 Hills
Kane England 66/1 Hills

My Honest Opinion
Germany Top Scorers 5/2
Germany to Win 7/2
Muller Top Scorer 7/1

Not original I know and not exactly sticking my neck out but cant see past it to be honest

Comments

• What are the odds on Iceland winning and Gudmundsson being top scorer?
  • http://www.oddschecker.com/football/euro-2016/winner-top-goalscorer-double

Dunno but if you want enough money to buy a shit football club Id say maximum stake £1
  • I'm in the States and don't get to bet much, so take this with a grain of salt:
    Top Scorer:
    Griesman 11/1
    Giroud 20/1
    Martial 33/1

Given the midfield and attacking players they have, along with the easiest group, I could see France getting a fair few goals. Giroud isn't guaranteed to start, but if he does he can put away chances created by others. Given Martial is pretty much guaranteed to start either on the left of an attacking three or through the middle, I think he's definitely worth a punt at 33/1.

Mario Gomez 40/1
    He doesn't do much except score goals. Germany have a lot of great attacking players, even if Low isn't the most attack minded of coaches. Germany have the second easiest group, and I could see Gomez getting 5 in the group stage before things get hard, and that could well see him be the top scorer.
  • Without having a good study France look like the outstanding bet to win it.Have just had some great corner stats through that may help with some bets?The two best teams for gaining corners are Germany and England and in 84% of Germany matches they have gained 3 or more corners than there opposition
  • One more, left field pick, David Alaba 200/1. A left back/center back for Bayern, he plays in an attacking role for Austria (goal rate of 1/4). Portgual, Hungary, and Iceland are in their group. All three were relatively defensively sound in qualifying, but he's another one who could have a big group stage, and even if he gets one in the knocksouts and Austria go out in the first knockout round, could be in with a shot.
  • SDAddick said:

One more, left field pick, David Alaba 200/1. A left back/center back for Bayern, he plays in an attacking role for Austria (goal rate of 1/4). Portgual, Hungary, and Iceland are in their group. All three were relatively defensively sound in qualifying, but he's another one who could have a big group stage, and even if he gets one in the knocksouts and Austria go out in the first knockout round, could be in with a shot.

Defo worth a punt at those odds. He is an incredible player.

Vardy to score 6 or more 66/1! 2 hatricks and one in the final can see that definitely happening.
  • Without having a good study France look like the outstanding bet to win it.Have just had some great corner stats through that may help with some bets?The two best teams for gaining corners are Germany and England and in 84% of Germany matches they have gained 3 or more corners than there opposition

France have a good chance but I wouldn't say 3/1 favourites is an outstanding bet Imo. Due to meet, Sweden, Russia or Czechs in the last 16 then England potentially in 1/4s.

The Germans at 1/2 a point bigger with their tournament pedigree offer a much better comparison, again, IMO
    Germans if my calculations stand up meet one of Iceland, Romania, Ukraine in last 16, then Russia in 1/4s.

All pie in the sky but that's why I put them a better bet at bigger odds than France.

Muller could really fill his boots against N Ireland and potentially Iceland, hence Fav for top goalscorer.

• Mandzukic 40/1
    Janko 66/1

E/W Top tournament goalscorer
  • Italy value at 14/1
  • There's a predictor here - http://europredictor.uefa.com/bracket/newprediction. Find it useful for trying to figure out who's likely to have the easiest run to the latter stages.

Portugal could very well go out in second round (they play one of Italy, Belgium, Ireland or Sweden) but you'd expect Ronaldo to have a field day against Iceland, Austria and Hungary, think he takes all of their pens and set pieces as well. Not very exciting at only 8/1 though. Spain and France look to have a fairly straightforward run to the semis, so that makes Griezmann and Morata worth considering.

Is it worth putting anything on now? Presume all the bookies will have special offers on nearer the tournament.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Italy are gonna be disappointing.

Austria and Poland as dark horses.

Lewandowski e/w @ 16/1 & Marc Janko e/w @ 66/1

• MrLargo said:

There's a predictor here - http://europredictor.uefa.com/bracket/newprediction. Find it useful for trying to figure out who's likely to have the easiest run to the latter stages.

Portugal could very well go out in second round (they play one of Italy, Belgium, Ireland or Sweden) but you'd expect Ronaldo to have a field day against Iceland, Austria and Hungary, think he takes all of their pens and set pieces as well. Not very exciting at only 8/1 though. Spain and France look to have a fairly straightforward run to the semis, so that makes Griezmann and Morata worth considering.

Is it worth putting anything on now? Presume all the bookies will have special offers on nearer the tournament.

Spain play the 3rd place team from the group of death, so i dont think their path is that straightforward. Could see Italy finishing 3rd in that group.
  • Agree with u on Poland
  • I think Italy are gonna be disappointing.

Austria and Poland as dark horses.

Lewandowski e/w @ 16/1 & Marc Janko e/w @ 66/1

Agree, everything I've heard and read from those who follow Italian football closely say that this is a very ordinary team. Still some quality at the back with the Juve defenders and Buffon, but in midfield they don't offer much and their forwards are largely underwhelming.
  • MrLargo said:

There's a predictor here - http://europredictor.uefa.com/bracket/newprediction. Find it useful for trying to figure out who's likely to have the easiest run to the latter stages.

Spain play the 3rd place team from the group of death, so i dont think their path is that straightforward. Could see Italy finishing 3rd in that group.
    Think Ireland and Sweden are more likely to take 3rd and you'd fancy Spain to beat either of them. And if Italy are "disappointing", as you've suggested they might be, then Spain shouldn't have any problems getting past them either.
  • Good Tournament team though
  • SDAddick said:

I'm in the States and don't get to bet much, so take this with a grain of salt:
    Top Scorer:
    Griesman 11/1
    Giroud 20/1
    Martial 33/1

Given the midfield and attacking players they have, along with the easiest group, I could see France getting a fair few goals. Giroud isn't guaranteed to start, but if he does he can put away chances created by others. Given Martial is pretty much guaranteed to start either on the left of an attacking three or through the middle, I think he's definitely worth a punt at 33/1.

Mario Gomez 40/1
    He doesn't do much except score goals. Germany have a lot of great attacking players, even if Low isn't the most attack minded of coaches. Germany have the second easiest group, and I could see Gomez getting 5 in the group stage before things get hard, and that could well see him be the top scorer.

Gomez does look very tempting at 40/1. Why is he so far out in the odds? Should be a regular starter?
  • Doesnt Muller start upfront?
  • Doesnt Muller start upfront?

Muller is a nailed on Starter, first name on the teamsheet for me, although I seem to remember at the last world cup he played wide in a couple of games.

When on his game he is unplayable, just drifts and finds space like not many can.

My Current fav world player to watch.
  • Mike said:

SDAddick said:

Top Scorer:
    Griesman 11/1
    Giroud 20/1
    Martial 33/1

Mario Gomez 40/1

Gomez does look very tempting at 40/1. Why is he so far out in the odds? Should be a regular starter?
    Wont start
  • Sponsored links:

• Me thinks it's going to be a poor summer.....England and Charlton, lol
  • Ibrahimovic at 33s is not a bad shout. Group of death but I can see them finishing at least second of that group.

Also like

Sturridge at 50s.
    Griezmann at 12s
  • Got tickets to the quarter final and if it turns out like the predictor says - I'm going to see England v Italy
  • I think this tournament is wide open. I'll have a go on that predictor to see the permutations.

France have a collection of very good players, but I don't think their record in friendlies or recent tournaments is great.

Austria are my dark horse tip.

For top scorer, I'd look at who are in the groups with weak teams.
  • Mike said:

SDAddick said:

Top Scorer:
    Griesman 11/1
    Giroud 20/1
    Martial 33/1

Mario Gomez 40/1

Wont start
    Not a nailed on starter. But against team where the objective is to break the opposition defense down, he's very handy. Low really rates him, more highly than Germans I know.

Since Klose retired Germany don't have an out-and-out center forward that anywhere near matches the talent of the rest of the side. Gotze has player there as a false nine, with decent if not unspectacular results, but Low is a skeptic. Bringing Gomez back was seen as a sign of desperation by some, but it makes sense in certain ways.

If I can get one of my mates to put some bets down for me, he'll definitely be one I put money on.
  • Got tickets to the quarter final and if it turns out like the predictor says - I'm going to see England v Italy

Same. Just got to make sure we top the group, if we do then the second round game is likely to be vs Romania or Switzerland, both of whom you'd like to think we'd overcome.
  • I'd have Germany to win the whole thing myself. Don't rate France as highly as others, personally.
  • SDAddick said:

Everything I've heard and read from those who follow Italian football closely say that this is a very ordinary team. Still some quality at the back with the Juve defenders and Buffon, but in midfield they don't offer much and their forwards are largely underwhelming.

Not really. Regarding their midfield: Verratti is top class but is injured. Marchisio, one of the most underrated midfielders in Europe is also out.

They have some young & exciting wide midfielders and wingers who can win games: Insigne, Bernardeschi, El Shaarawy. Motta and Jorginho in the middle can play at a high level.

Where they are let down (other than by injuries) is indeed up front.
  • I fancy Germany v Spain Final.
  • England, portugal, Spain, France, Germany all to win their groups at 11's.