Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old Trafford evacuated. edit: match abandoned.

Two sides of the stadium have been evacuated while security investigate an "incident".

Expecting a delayed kick off but not sure how that will effect the other games around the league.

Comments

• delay of up to 45 minutes.
  • Suspect package
  • Match abandoned.
  • Better to play it safe but a real pain for the Bournemouth fans that have travelled all that way.
  • I wonder if this will have any effect on other ongoing fixtures? I wouldn't be surprised if other stadiums were now put on alert.
  • This kind of thing is the last thing we need. Football is supposed to bring people together
  • Just hope it turns out to being over cautious, the other option is not good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Plays right into Man Utd's hands. They'll know exactly what they need to do against a Bournemouth team full of players who will be pissed they've had to rearrange their holidays!
  • Got a feeling this won't be the last time this sort of thing happens this summer. I'm meant to be going France for the fan parks but seriously considering not bothering.
  • Hopefully just someone's lunch box
  • Surprised they abandoned so quickly
  • Fingers crossed everyone gets out safely. I hope it proves to be nothing.
  • The fact that it was abandoned after the sniffer dogs had been sent in is concerning.
  • Hopefully just someone's lunch box

Or pencil case.
  • Sponsored links:

Some on Twitter saying it was abandoned half an hour before it was officially announced to avoid spreading panic.
  • @Brendan_O_Connell at least that way they evacuated the ground half and half and avoided crowding getting away. They now have dogs loose in the ground. Let's hope it's nothing

Some on Twitter saying it was abandoned half an hour before it was officially announced to avoid spreading panic.
    Decent attitude, within that half hour you would expect to be able to evacuate the most dangerous areas without any major qualms. Not to mention, having people leave calmly probably allows them to control the situation outside which could be more dangerous than inside.
  • So thats how to effectively get a game abandoned - not beach balls.

Over to you @CARD ;)
  • So thats how to effectively get a game abandoned - not beach balls.

Next CARD meeting - Agenda Item 4.
  • You are spot on there LuckyReds, get people away from the area as few at a time as is possible. Interesting posts on NW Tonight Twitter

https://twitter.com/BBCNWT