Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This season ticket debate...

People are being told not to buy Charlton ST's as they are traitors supporting the regime.
Then if people suggest getting ST's elsewhere they are also called traitors...

We all love football. If I lived in London I'd still get a Charlton ST and if I honestly could take it anymore but really wanted a season ticket then I'd find the best club that we don't hate for the best price. West Ham maybe? I would personally never stop getting a season ticket at Charlton but I don't understand the hate people on here get for saying they love their team too much to not get a season ticket. The people who are getting Season Tickets next year are the REAL fans. Not those criticising idiots who are leaving just because of RD.

Comments

• I am not renewing (after 24 years) because of RD. I am choosing to support the team at away games instead.

Guess that means I'm not a REAL fan then!

• Glad there is a thread on this
  • edited May 2016

I am not renewing (after 24 years) because of RD. I am choosing to support the team at away games instead.

Guess that means I'm not a REAL fan then!

That's a bit different to those who are giving up completely but criticise those who are staying
  • Well put.
  • On this occasion there is no such choice that makes you a REAL fan. For a lot of us It's complex and involves different histories and views on protesting etc. I appreciate that for some like yourself (on all sides of the argument), they are only Capable of seeing things in a more simple manner.

Also there are quite a few fans who live miles away from London and still have a season ticket. Does that make them REAL fans and you not?
  • At last, somebody thought to start a thread on the subject !
  • There is no right or wrong in this situation as it's all about personal choice but let's not try to be divisive here with the true fans comment. I am sure we all love the club the same regardless of whether you choose to renew or not. Hate the regime, love the club but as Swisdom says be your own person.

• Always wondered whether I was a real fan or not. I've been living under a misapprehension for the past 50 years, who knew? Thanks for putting me straight.
  • Sponsored links:

• People are being told not to buy Charlton ST's as they are traitors supporting the regime.
    Then if people suggest getting ST's elsewhere they are also called traitors...

We all love football. If I lived in London I'd still get a Charlton ST and if I honestly could take it anymore but really wanted a season ticket then I'd find the best club that we don't hate for the best price. West Ham maybe? I would personally never stop getting a season ticket at Charlton but I don't understand the hate people on here get for saying they love their team too much to not get a season ticket. The people who are getting Season Tickets next year are the REAL fans. Not those criticising idiots who are leaving just because of RD.

I ordered mine, quite happy to have it. If others want to boycott that's fine. Over the years there are enough things that I don't do that mean I'm not a real fan, nice to do something that means I'm not a real fan.
  • I fully support CARD, and I have supported all of the demonstrations this season. I want Roland the Rat and Pinnochio out of the club as much as every other supporter. But I really don't think this going to happen.

It does appear that the Belgiums have realised that their strategy of signing young foreign players, who are managed by an unknown Belgium manager is flawed.
    The fact that they have appointed Russell Slade to manage the club, and that Russell has been allowed to sign his own players have started to make me feel excited for the coming season.
    The three players he has signed are 3 decent English players and I feel that we starting to assemble an half decent team.
    Because of this I have just phoned the club and renewed my two season tickets for next season. I believe that Belgiums realise that they have cocked up and are generally making an effort to improve things.
    It is for this reason that I have decided to renew.