Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

GLA assembly members who supported our Olympic Stadium campaign

In case anyone is still wondering how to vote tomorrow, these are the three who spoke most effectively on our behalf. Interestingly they represent each of the major parties

1. Andrew Boff (Con). Definitely no.1, not least since his sustained vocal criticism must have really pissed off the Turkish-Yank Mayor.

2. Caroline Pidgeon (Lib Dem, Mayoral candidate) Came to the show a bit later than Boff, but excellent lately. I was able to quote her in the Information Tribunal

3. Murad Qureshi (Lab) Strong start but faded away a bit once we got going. No idea why

At the other end of the spectrum it has to be said that my colleagues in the Coalition are convinced Goldsmith is dead against us, while we don't exactly trust Khan to really push the issue either.

So if you are not sure you can be arsed, consider making the effort to support one or all of them, since they made the effort to support us.

Comments

• edited May 2016
    As a life long Labour supporter who has never voted for anyone other than the Labour candidate in every local and General Election in the past I had already decided I cannot vote for Labour whilst they are being led by dim witted and deluded 1970's student activists types. I was struggling to find a candidate I could vote for today. Although the ridiculous campaign to try and persuade people that the Labour Party was anti-Semitic and racist nearly convinced me to change my mind again and vote Labour. So, based solely on her support for the OS campaign I will vote for Caroline Pidgin today.
  • As a life long Labour supporter who has never voted for anyone other than the Labour candidate in every local and General Election in the past I had already decided I cannot vote for Labour whilst they are being led by dim witted and deluded 1970's student activists types. I was struggling to find a candidate I could vote for today. Although the ridiculous campaign to try and persuade people that the Labour Party was anti-Semitic and racist nearly convinced me to change my mind again and vote Labour. So, based solely on her support for the OS campaign I will vote for Caroline Pidgin today.

Similar to you I've always voted labour but probably won't today. Will probably vote for Pidgin based on her support of the OS stuff.
  • I think Caroline Pidgeon has a raft of sensible policies too, BTW. If it had been the UKIP Mayoral candidate who had been a vocal supporter of the OS campaign, obviously I personally would have huge problem. In the event he has probably never heard of the OS Campaign, or more likely he could not find a Brexit angle to it :-)
  • Based solely on your post PA I gave my 'B' vote to Caroline Pidgeon. I hope you put this political influence that you can wield to good use and call in a favour from her should the need arise.
  • Based solely on your post PA I gave my 'B' vote to Caroline Pidgeon. I hope you put this political influence that you can wield to good use and call in a favour from her should the need arise.

That won't be counted since she won't get through to the second round.

It will be Khan and Goldsmith who get through to the second round. Anyone who wants to show their support to Pidgeon should vote for her as their first preference and give their second preference to whoever the like most/dislike least of Khan and Goldsmith.

• There lies one of the issues with a postal vote. No choice for a last minute change of heart
  • I'm going to take a wander over to my Polling Station in a minute; and I have no idea about any of the elections other than the Mayoral.

I'm going to try and see if I can find some more information on the candidates before I go, but I've had no literature or anything given to me; which is pretty atrocious really.