Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Woops not good Mark!!!
  • Oh dear
  • Was good spoilt it all with disgraceful behaviour in the play off. Bad bad man.
  • One of those strange players who was derided when he first joined us, but over time won over the fans - I can't think of many players for CAFC who went from as much as a zero as he was to (I can't use the word hero for sportsmen I'm afraid) as well liked as he was

Still.......not looking good Mr A !!!!
  • Was good spoilt it all with disgraceful behaviour in the play off. Bad bad man.

Seem to remember him being booked in all 3 games (1 of them was for handball when the ball was going over his head - I think)
  • He was a key player in our promotion season but was always a tosser.
  • Saw him make his debut for us at Elland Road. Nothing special that day but turned out to be our player of the year two seasons running whilst at the club.
  • Another of my heroes that's a wroungun

85/6 great days

Seem to remember him being booked in all 3 games (1 of them was for handball when the ball was going over his head - I think)
    Disgraceful tackles too.
  • Sponsored links:

• He was an absolutely brilliant player for us . He was the driving inspirational central midfielder , a fiercesome competitor . He was probably the biggest single reason we got promoted that year . He even scored at Carlisle away which was our last game and we were 2-0 down at the time .
    Garth Crooks put clean through on goal and he jumped up and caught the ball like a goalkeeper.
    Would have been an automatic red card nowadays.
    Garth Crooks put clean through on goal and he jumped up and caught the ball like a goalkeeper.
    I remember he did in the 3-1 away at West Ham (Melrose 9 seconds game) as well. But he caught it when the ball was at knee level. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Mark is now out of prison and working in football in Wales

nteresting article here if anyone is interested

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aizlewood-mark-carmarthen-town-prison-21566452
    Good article that, thanks for posting. I hope he's turned his life around as the article makes it sound. Although I am personally skeptical because I think that basic desire to con innocent people must have come from somewhere, if he genuinely has changed, I wish him well. Thought it was really interesting though what he said about people for whom prison offers the best life they could have; doesn't sound like it's going to be much of a disincentive to them. It's something we ought to be thinking about as a society, not sure what the answer is though.

Oh, to have one or two like him at the back now.  
  • Swisdom said:
    Mark is now out of prison and working in football in Wales

nteresting article here if anyone is interested

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aizlewood-mark-carmarthen-town-prison-21566452
    That’s a fantastic piece of journalism, Aizlewood committed a crime and paid the price he had to pay but his actions since then have been inspirational.
  • edited September 2021
    “I would only worry about the people who know me, who are close to me and who have spent time with me. If they thought I was a w***** then I would worry. When somebody who was never met me or spoke to me says I'm a w***** it just goes over my head now.”

In which case, he won't mind me saying it - Aizlewood's a wanker.
  • Sponsored links:

• I loved him as a player with us, but hated him when he played for Leeds in the Play Offs. 

Glad to see he is on the up again, also interesting that he regards his time with us as the happiest during his career. 
    It was at the final replay at St Andrews by the way.
  • Richard J said:
    I loved him as a player with us, but hated him when he played for Leeds in the Play Offs. 

Glad to see he is on the up again, also interesting that he regards his time with us as the happiest during his career. 
    Made more appearances for us than any of his other clubs
  • I'd like to read his autobiography but I am certain it was only published in Welsh.