Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Times reporting that Riga is on his way

Comments

• "Expects to leave" Walking or sacked?
  • Enter "Nobby Vinegar"
  • Have a feeling that they'll appoint a (no doubt shit) English manager this time in an attempt to appease the customers. Also wonder if the CEO might be replaced over the summer for similar reasons. Until Roland leaves I'll find it pretty hard to get excited about any other personnel changes...

Oh I don't know if Tony Ballsache gets the chop I might raise a glass or two :smiley: .
  • Dougie Freidman.
  • I heard that Riga was leaving a couple of weeks ago. Ketts posted that they are interested in Chris Wilder. But I think they will have to change their Modus Operandi before a decent British Manager will join.
  • Dougie Freidman.

Might explain why Lennie Lawrence has been at recent games.
  • Dougie Freidman.

in another thread Airman said that Lennie rejected the DOF role as they wouldn't agree to his terms on how to do things (or words to that effect)
  • New head coach will either be the Serbian indoor football chap or it is going to be like when Leeds appointed Hockaday, either way I just can't wait for the new season to begin so they can lead us to the promised land of League 2................
  • I genuinely believe that a British Coach will be appointed.
  • Sponsored links:

• No one else heard the Paul Clement rumor then or is it just me?
  • dickplumb said:

I genuinely believe that a British Coach will be appointed.

Redwing?
  • Dougie Freidman.

in another thread Airman said that Lennie rejected the DOF role as they wouldn't agree to his terms on how to do things (or words to that effect)
    Not quite. What I've been told Is that RD met him but the meeting didn't seem to go well because RD appeared to lose interest halfway through based on what LL had to say. Also I don't think LL was at the subsequent home fame with B&HA, although that might not mean anything even if correct.
  • edited May 2016

Let's just put Katrien in charge and get it over with. We'll ride the 'first female manager in the football league' line as we slip down the table, her bullish refusal to accept mistakes will see her compared first to Alex Ferguson and then Phil Brown, her assistant manager Mandy will start appearing in press conferences in her place and before long they'll be shipped out of Fleetwood away in a laundry van. 'They're with Karel now' Roly will say as he hires a 14 year old former indoor volleyball champion to take over. It'll be entertaining.

I thought me and you were going to throw our hats in the ring? With @Tutt-Tutt as chief scout. :wink:
  • Johnny Jackson as player manager anyone!
  • I'd like to manage the hiring of the CEO please.

Happy to leave everything else to someone better qualified.
  • Sponsored links:

• And the circus rolls on
  • LuckyReds said:

Dougie Freidman.

Not quite. What I've been told Is that RD met him but the meeting didn't seem to go well because RD appeared to lose interest halfway through based on what LL had to say. Also I don't think LL was at the subsequent home fame with B&HA, although that might not mean anything even if correct.
    Therein lies the crux of our managerial recruitment process: nobody decent in British football is going to be able to find enough common ground with Roland.

A decent British manager is going to want:

(a) A proper title, 'manager';
    (b) Control over recruitment and selection;
    (c) A quality set of backroom staff who know the league;
    (d) Confirmed autonomy over squad selection.

There will no doubt be similar requirements for a British DOF, notably:

(a) A skilled scouting set up;
    (b) Confirmation that their input is going to be acted upon.

Unfortunately I can't see Roland agreeing to those requirements, nor can I understand anyone of quality risking their reputation by foregoing any of those requirements.
    A few other clubs separate recruitment from the manager/head coach as well, e.g. at Swansea where it's not the manager who's responsible for signings, and they've been reasonably successful

However this sort of arrangement requires a very good DOF/Head of Recruitment which we don't have
  • Curbishley 150/1
  • FFS, is there no end to this. Whoever takes over, it will be another step backwards.
  • There is a massive amount to do to convince fans RD has changed and learned by his mistakes - Who is appointed as next manager is going to be a significant indicator of direction of travel. I would advise RD that given the circumstances, this appointment should be an impressive one!
  • I would advise RD to cut his losses and run.

Or, to remove Katrien and anyone appointed by her and bring in a proven CEO and a proven manager with experience of building a promoting side.

If he doesn't go, he needs to do both.