Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnnie Jackson in SLP

Comments

• I agree - I said what he needs to do - but I don't expect him to do it!
  • JJ - Head of Recruitment
  • Uboat said:

Yes we did.

Katrien is going to mess with us all by making JJ head coach. I just know it.

I'm starting to think this too...it would actually be quite a good decision, the first in years from this regime
    I think we might be in infinite monkeys typing theorem territory here.
  • RD would of course see JJ playing and managing at the same time as a cost efficiency.
  • JJ if you are even thinking about such an offer - you have to make it conditional on KM and all the other dross being replaced. Once you accept you will lose any leverage and then you will be undermined and the chance of any success will be minimal - look at what happened to CP and is probably now happening to JR.
  • I think he is trying to point them in the direction needed- probably because like us, he doesn't trust they will make the right calls! Good luck to him I say!

If we are going to have a great season, Duchatelet will have to appoint a manager who knows the league and leat him get on with it, with full support and no interference. Having JJ as part of the management team in a minor capacity wouldn't be a bad call!

We wont be having a great season, and the first step will be the announcement of our new manager!

Do you really want one of our most valuable characters in the past few years going over to the dark side? Working for the enemies. You can view it many ways but if he makes it more profitable for them by implementing more valuable players and a few more bums on seats then he is slightly contradicting our hard work to get these guys out. As sad as it may be.
  • I think he is trying to point them in the direction needed- probably because like us, he doesn't trust they will make the right calls! Good luck to him I say!

If we are going to have a great season, Duchatelet will have to appoint a manager who knows the league and leat him get on with it, with full support and no interference. Having JJ as part of the management team in a minor capacity wouldn't be a bad call!

We wont be having a great season, and the first step will be the announcement of our new manager!

Do you really want one of our most valuable characters in the past few years going over to the dark side? Working for the enemies. You can view it many ways but if he makes it more profitable for them by implementing more valuable players and a few more bums on seats then he is slightly contradicting our hard work to get these guys out. As sad as it may be.
    Surely what we want is OUR team to be a success? whoever the owners are, the idea behind the protest is to get them out because of the way they're running the club. If JJ did help in anyway to us having a successful season then surely the fact that we have had a successful season would mean they were learning from at least some mistakes they've made?
  • Uboat said:

Yes we did.

Katrien is going to mess with us all by making JJ head coach. I just know it.

Don't you mean chief puppet?
  • sm said:

JJ if you are even thinking about such an offer - you have to make it conditional on KM and all the other dross being replaced. Once you accept you will lose any leverage and then you will be undermined and the chance of any success will be minimal - look at what happened to CP and is probably now happening to JR.

It will be interesting to see if it's anything formal. I think at the moment he'll just way im with advice. I believe he's contracted until 20 seventeen ( phone screen cracked, hence no numeral seven) as a player. For me I think as time goes by if Riga leaves and we haven't appointed anyone, they'll approach him. If that were the case i think he should politely decline. To put himself in an official management/coaching role under this lot would be stupid
  • No way is Jacko ready for management yet, and with the drop in division, he'll probably play more next season anyway

His ideal role would be as a player/sounding board type role, helping on the coaching side, rather than the manager/head coach itself
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

sm said:

JJ if you are even thinking about such an offer - you have to make it conditional on KM and all the other dross being replaced. Once you accept you will lose any leverage and then you will be undermined and the chance of any success will be minimal - look at what happened to CP and is probably now happening to JR.

It will be interesting to see if it's anything formal. I think at the moment he'll just way im with advice. I believe he's contracted until 20 seventeen ( phone screen cracked, hence no numeral seven) as a player. For me I think as time goes by if Riga leaves and we haven't appointed anyone, they'll approach him. If that were the case i think he should politely decline. To put himself in an official management/coaching role under this lot would be stupid
    Classic!
  • Non-Spin doctor translation.

Jacko is staying.
    Riga is going.
    Lookman and Cousins are going........and this time next year JJ will say "we couldn't hang on to Jordan and Ade, so the season was always going to be difficult without two quality players like those"
    He goes on to say........... " we approached a number of quality players in the close season but were unable to get the deals over the line".

We will have a team of Belgian rejects all the time RD is the owner.
  • I think there's a fine line between Katrien making use of Jackson and Katrien using Jackson.
  • se9addick said:

I think there's a fine line between Katrien making use of Jackson and Katrien using Jackson.

I don't think there's a line at all, fine or otherwise.

Should the regime remain and hire a British/British experienced manager/coach, that individual will be a convenient scapegoat and decoy for the regime. At the end of their three month tenure, they'll be lucky to be remembered as more than a useful idiot (if JJ maybe six months).

So, I don't think JJ should take on the role, if offered.
  • Ben18 said:

cabbles said:

sm said:

Classic!
    It's true. U j and n are all very tempremental, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. It's got to the point where I've worked out which letters around the word 'out' (for example) will allow me to spell 'out' without using a 'u'. You can use 'oit', changes it to out no problem.

And I won't fix it, I'll just put up with it and complain about it until my upgrade.
  • Your missives to Katrien have taken on a whole new perspective.
  • Your missives to Katrien have taken on a whole new perspective.

I must admit it makes it tougher. It hasn't been a factor though im (see, happened again) my lack of emails, that's a lack of creativity and ideas on my part
  • This feels as though it will end in tears. Jacko is undoubtedly the best club man for a decade or more. If it goes wrong, I can hear KM saying "you got what you wanted, now you want us to get us out of L2". Of course, like many others, his hands will be tied.
  • Johnnie Jackson is willing to give his input, but is Duchatelet or is his laptop scouting warriors prepared to pay any attention at all ?

• Poor Johnny Jackson risks being branded as the PR poodle of an incompetent and destructive organisation desperate to be associated with local heroes. Recruitment and strategy for L1 should have started two months ago by shrewd football professionals with proven track record in the English lower leagues.

We will need much more than some encouraging press statements from our popular club Captain and he should realise they are only flirting with him in case of he presents a cheap option if Riga walks and no-one else is interested.

This is not rock-bottom by any means and the only way is down until competent and experienced management is put in place from the top down.

• Sponsored links:

• What makes Jacko think that they will take any notice of his advice, when they wouldn't listen to Chris Powell who was the manager?
    I feel this is either wishing thinking from Jacko, or he knows or has been told something that we can only guess.
  • What makes Jacko think that they will take any notice of his advice, when they wouldn't listen to Chris Powell who was the manager?
    I feel this is either wishing thinking from Jacko, or he knows or has been told something that we can only guess.

Or Phil Chappell who was Chief Scout
  • cabbles said:

sm said:

I've heard the planned pitch invasion is at the same number of minutes as league goals conceded up to kick-off on Saturday. @cabbles, can you confirm what minute people should go on the pitch?
  • Love Jackson - think he's bee great and definitely should be s role for him in football management side of our club after hangs up boots but kinda looks to me like they can't get anybody else with any track record to come - u can't blame jj if offered for taking it though
  • If you are unemployed or trying to break into management maybe you take the risk on the Charlton job.

You get paid for a few months and then get a pay off at worse. You can point to RD and KM as the reason you failed. Everyone in football knows they are mad, bad and incompetent.

But as you believe in your own ability you think you can make it work despite RD and KM and then jump ship as soon as a sane club offers you a job.

For fans it means we are limited to the unemployed or the untried but even that has got to be better than a "coach" from the Belgian 3rd Division.
  • IA said:

cabbles said:

sm said:

I've heard the planned pitch invasion is at the same number of minutes as league goals conceded up to kick-off on Saturday. @cabbles, can you confirm what minute people should go on the pitch?
    @C4FC4L1f3 is your man for this. No ifs, no buts :wink:

Listening to the interview on Charlton Live, I think he was a bit pissed.
  • If Jacko was serious about becoming player manager then he could do know worse than talking to Chris Powell to know what its really all about under this regime, sounds like Katrien is not fussed who she chucks under the bus.
  • Top man Jackson, he really will want to fix things here but sadly for him and us things can never be fixed until the Belgian circus leaves town so we can become a real football club again.
  • Jackson is making all the right noises as he is at the end of his career, and is probably looking for a position in coaching after.

I'm not too sure that that he is ready for the first team yet but would not be surprised with Duchatelet looking on Jackson as a cheap option.