Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Riga

How long after the final whistle of the season before Jose Riga resigns?

Comments

• He won't resign. Don't forget he's never had a relegation on his CV......
  • How long after the final whistle of the season before Jose Riga resigns?

Not long enough
  • I'm sure his replacement will be an improvement and a step in the right direction............well, that's what Meire will say anyway.............
  • I have heard that Riga will be off at the end of the season.
  • wmcf123 said:

dizzee said:

Unless we are going to get a football league experienced manager in I don't want Jose to be sacked. He's a decent manager and think he could do alright for us in league 1 in difficult circumstances a bit like Phil Parkinson did.

I don't see any evidence of that. He's been an improvement on Luzon and Fraeye but I wouldn't go any further than that
    I would be an improvement on Fraeye. Still the best CL comment of all time in my view "spread out".
  • I'm sure his replacement will be an improvement and a step in the right direction............well, that's what Meire will say anyway.............

I thought she didn't want to build up our expectations
  • iaitch said:

I'm sure his replacement will be an improvement and a step in the right direction............well, that's what Meire will say anyway.............

I thought she didn't want to build up our expectations
    Can now imagine her saying

We've got a new manager uluy popolinhj he's ujipest youth assistant head coach. He's just ok, not that great.
  • dickplumb said:

I have heard that Riga will be off at the end of the season.

Why change the habit of a lifetime.

Why are this regime so against continuity?
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

I have heard that Riga will be off at the end of the season.

Why change the habit of a lifetime.

Why are this regime so against continuity?
    The only continuity is the lack of continuity.
  • What happened to Riga's pre match conference this week?
  • How long after the final whistle of the season before Jose Riga resigns?

Depends when the Serbian geezer is back from his holidays...

Frankly I'm surprised at the levels of support for keeping Jose. I've said before I think he's a decent enough person but, at best, an okay manager. Yes, he did what he was brought in to do first time around when the squad was much stronger, the team spirit was still there and we had a lot of games in hand which meant we were probably in a false position anyway.

But this time? We've gone down with a whimper and I struggle to see how Riga is going to be an asset to us in Div 1.

He won't know the difficulties and style of playing in that league, he won't know anything about the opposition himself, he won't have the contacts to help us in the loan market, we have no scouting system worthy of the name and he'll be left trying to organise and motivate the latest mish-mash of Roland's unfit, inadequate has beens, youngsters and imports.

It's a shame as I'm not normally a fan of such short termism and this club needs some stability but I don't think he's the right man at this time.

It's all academic anyway as Roland wanted to appoint the Serbian bloke before and events since will only have convinced him further he was right, so I fully expect him to be in the dugout come August.
  • I don't think Jose has been particularly convinced by what the clubs plans are for next season. He'll be gone. Followed by a British by hugely divisive appointment. Welcome to the world if RD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Simon Clark's Red and White Army

I think that would be a good move with a bit of experience beside him.

• edited April 2016
    RD's main criterion for choice of head coach may be cost as much as nationality or experience. Fraeye is thought to have been on a five-figure salary and Riga not a great deal more, whereas a regular Championship manager probably costs £250,000-£300,000 upwards a year.
  • RD's main criterion for choice of head coach may be cost as much as nationality or experience. Fraeye is thought to have been on a five-figure salary and Riga not a great deal more, whereas a regular Championship manager probably costs £250,000-£300,000 upwards a year.

You know what happens when you pay peanuts.....
  • it's good to be prudent the tightest multi-millionaire Belgium has ever produced.
  • Simon Clark's Red and White Army

Who?
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Simon Clark's Red and White Army

Who?
    You know, the bloke who works behind the counter in the well know Shoe shop.
  • Paul Tisdale would be a good choice - and he probably wouldn't be that expensive.
  • Do we need a manager? Couldn't KM manage the side with the help of Roland?