Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Liverpool: Danny Ings' move from Burnley to cost up to £8m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36165363
Liverpool have been told they must pay Burnley up to £8m for striker Danny Ings, a record for a tribunal ruling.

The fee is made up of a £6.5m guaranteed payment, with another £1.5m through various add-ons.
This is the tribunal fee due to Ings being below 24. For Burnley, a triumph for not accepting a fee and instead holding out for the under 24 compensation.

Comments

• Did pretty well out of that really considering he was out of comtract, cost £1m, and they spent that £6m on Gray who may well have scored the goals to get them up.
  • And if they go back up they could probably sign him up as he surely isn't good enough for a Liverpool Klopp wants to build.
  • When you look at the ridiculous prices paid for English players it's a good deal, even if he clearly isn't up to the level of where Liverpool want to be. Aaron Lennon went to Everton for 12m I think it was, Berahino is going to Spurs for 23m in the summer, a player with a worse record in the top flight and a worse attitude than Ings. He'd probably be an alright fourth choice striker in the Europa League type set up, or Liverpool will sell him on at a break even or a profit.
  • When you look at the ridiculous prices paid for English players it's a good deal, even if he clearly isn't up to the level of where Liverpool want to be. Aaron Lennon went to Everton for 12m I think it was, Berahino is going to Spurs for 23m in the summer, a player with a worse record in the top flight and a worse attitude than Ings. He'd probably be an alright fourth choice striker in the Europa League type set up, or Liverpool will sell him on at a break even or a profit.
  • I'd wait and see what Klopp can get out of him before judging him. Still young and Klopp has a great track record of improving players at Dortmund and Liverpool. Particularly in recent weeks some of Rodgers' more mediocre signings are starting to look the real deal under Klopp.
  • edited April 2016
    SDAddick said:

When you look at the ridiculous prices paid for English players it's a good deal, even if he clearly isn't up to the level of where Liverpool want to be. Aaron Lennon went to Everton for 12m I think it was, Berahino is going to Spurs for 23m in the summer, a player with a worse record in the top flight and a worse attitude than Ings. He'd probably be an alright fourth choice striker in the Europa League type set up, or Liverpool will sell him on at a break even or a profit.

£4.5m for Lennon mate.
  • Ings has pace to burn which klopp loves in his front players. Again, I wouldn't write him off.
  • I'd wait and see what Klopp can get out of him before judging him. Still young and Klopp has a great track record of improving players at Dortmund and Liverpool. Particularly in recent weeks some of Rodgers' more mediocre signings are starting to look the real deal under Klopp.

His injury was bad timing though, with Sturridge coming back to fitness and Origi being first choice. With Benteke being sold in the summer, I imagine Klopp will buy a replacement striker
  • I think some of you may be a bit lost...

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php

I think it's less painful to talk in terms of who might be going at Liverpool than who might still be at Charlton. Especially as you could probably write a hundred names right now as to who might be coming to us in the summer and not get a single one right.

Unless, of course, you have an intimate knowledge of all of Roland's playing squads in which case you are still far better talking about Liverpool - from an anti depression perspective anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

When you look at the ridiculous prices paid for English players it's a good deal, even if he clearly isn't up to the level of where Liverpool want to be. Aaron Lennon went to Everton for 12m I think it was, Berahino is going to Spurs for 23m in the summer, a player with a worse record in the top flight and a worse attitude than Ings. He'd probably be an alright fourth choice striker in the Europa League type set up, or Liverpool will sell him on at a break even or a profit.

£4.5m for Lennon mate.
    Sorry, I'm getting old.

I think it's less painful to talk in terms of who might be going at Liverpool than who might still be at Charlton. Especially as you could probably write a hundred names right now as to who might be coming to us in the summer and not get a single one right.

Unless, of course, you have an intimate knowledge of all of Roland's playing squads in which case you are still far better talking about Liverpool - from an anti depression perspective anyway.
    Not from mine. I get depressed every time I think of the hoards from Lands End to John O'Groats who claim allegiance to the bin dippers....

I started the thread, as the relevant bit is Ings leaving Burnley as his contract was up, and Burnley getting very generous U24 compensation as a result

In contrast, with the likes of Poyet, we've taken the undisclosed fee, rather than waiting for the tribunal.
  • edited April 2016
    I just think it's nice to be able to talk about football occasionally, rather than football boardroom antics.