Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC preparing for onslaught vs Burnley

Heard a rumour that you're unable to buy tickets in the North lower against Burnley.
Decided to check it out myself and it's sort of correct. You can buy tickets but not in the first 6 rows and that applies to every block in the north lower.

My first thought was that people would just buy tickets and sit there anyway but I assume the club are going to put sheeting across the seats to make sure no one can gain access. Like this:

Not sure what the club will do to compensate season ticket holders in the area but looks as if anyone planning a pitch invasion will have to buy elsewhere. Must be noted that this is the only area where restrictions are applying as far as I know.

Comments

• Less chance of hitting someone from the north upper then.
  • se9addick said:

Is it possible that those seats are already sold ?

All seats in the front 6 rows of the north lower? Possible yes but extremely unlikely?
  • rina said:

If I was going to invade the pitch I'd probably use the stairs

Tbf KM probably wouldn't realise this much and leave the stairs uncovered too.
  • Just remove the netting. If there is enough of us they won't intervene. I am still undecided where to sit. Love the singing in the North upper but want to be able to throw things on the pitch and I like the idea of shouting at Katrien so I am erring towards West lower.

Worse view bit I don't care about that. Wanna shout at her from close range and disrupt the game. Worry is if I am the only one in West lower chucking things on at various points in the game will I get chucked out. Joe did on Saturday and he was North lower and surrounded by others. Also no singing in the west lower will annoy me. Still Undecided.
  • rina said:

If you had the intention of invading the playing field, why would you enter from the Lower Covered End when they are much more accessible avenues from the other stands.

• Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016

rina said:

they have to leave the stairs uncovered, they're part of the emergency exit route
  • shirty5 said:

rina said:

If you had the intention of invading the playing field, why would you enter from the Lower Covered End when they are much more accessible avenues from the other stands.

You raise a point I thought of myself. My bet is that KM & Tony think that because the covered end is the most vocal, that's where the 'bad guys' will sit?
  • rina said:

rina said:

they have to leave the stairs uncovered, they're part of the emergency exit route
    Interesting, I didn't even think of that. This might disprove my whole theory then.
  • If there intention is to cover the first 6 rows behind the goal, then they need to go the whole hog and do the same for the East and Lower West. More expense, more aggro in moving season ticket holders.
  • I'm saying nothing lol
  • My wife, daughter, father-in-law and a couple of their friends have season tickets in row c block f. They haven't been contacted by the club to advise them that their seat has been withdrawn for the day. More top notch customer service.
  • My wife, daughter, father-in-law and a couple of their friends have season tickets in row c block f. They haven't been contacted by the club to advise them that their seat has been withdrawn for the day. More top notch customer service.

Was only my first impression and may not be the case. Maybe they are just not letting anyone buy tickets there but I don't know why they'd bother going through the hassle of changing the system for that as people can still just sit in those seats. This seems very bizarre to me.
  • Very interesting, not really sure what they think it will achieve.

Makes it more difficult for a pitch invasion, but in reality we always new that wasn't going to happen, the club have got it wrong again! If they do put those covers on imagine the bounce when the beach ball hit's hit having been launched from the upper north.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps the minutes from the Fans Forum will explain the decision.

Was only my first impression and may not be the case. Maybe they are just not letting anyone buy tickets there but I don't know why they'd bother going through the hassle of changing the system for that as people can still just sit in those seats. This seems very bizarre to me.
    You are correct in saying this might not be the case but we all love a good conspiracy theory and if it keeps the Supporters Relation Team busy over the next 10 days, answering angry e mails then I'm all for it.

However I think they are up to something here and will make every home fans day as awkward as possible.
  • Its a clear example of katrien trying re-engage with the fanbase. She's ripped out the seats and replaced them with a job lot of DFS reject sofas.
  • Heard a rumour that you're unable to buy tickets in the North lower against Burnley.
    Decided to check it out myself and it's sort of correct. You can buy tickets but not in the first 6 rows and that applies to every block in the north lower.

My first thought was that people would just buy tickets and sit there anyway but I assume the club are going to put sheeting across the seats to make sure no one can gain access. Like this:

Not sure what the club will do to compensate season ticket holders in the area but looks as if anyone planning a pitch invasion will have to buy elsewhere. Must be noted that this is the only area where restrictions are applying as far as I know.

I'd say that is spot on.
  • No need to bring any objects in then eh, cheers Katrien.
  • This is asking for some sort of overcrowding problems, people who have paid for those seats will want to sit just behind them and others who have quite publicly stated/the Club will know are moving down to the North Lower to join in any protests. When people are overcrowding those stairs they've only themselves to blame.

The FA & CAFC will be coming up with as many plans as possible to stop problems occurring to stop the game, that's all they care about. Katrien will get some weird kick out of the game being completed.
  • This is asking for some sort of overcrowding problems, people who have paid for those seats will want to sit just behind them and others who have quite publicly stated/the Club will know are moving down to the North Lower to join in any protests. When people are overcrowding those stairs they've only themselves to blame.

The FA & CAFC will be coming up with as many plans as possible to stop problems occurring to stop the game, that's all they care about. Katrien will get some weird kick out of the game being completed.

I dunno. Isn't it possible that the occupants of these seats will relocate to the Lower West if they can, in which case the club is inviting problems of a different sort?