Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

1947 FA Cup Winners

Comments

• Lest we forget.

My Aunt got married on this day, much to annoyance of the rest of the family. (Not that I was there to see it).

• I wonder if anyone at the Club understands the significance of 26th April 1947? Probably not.
  • Chris Duffy... 7 : Great goal yet didnt track back enough... He left his wing-back with no protection what so ever!!
  • Peter_G said:

I wonder if anyone at the Club understands the significance of 26th April 1947? Probably not.

Fairly sure Mick Everett, who's a trustee of the Museum does, and that a 4th generation supporter like Olly Groome does too.

In fact, as Olly was asking the museum a couple of weeks back to use a lot of the 1947 final photos we got from Colin Cameron. They should be in the Burnley programme for obvious reason.
  • lol! Thought that was Philip Schofield at first glance
  • Peter_G said:

I wonder if anyone at the Club understands the significance of 26th April 1947? Probably not.

Fairly sure Mick Everett, who's a trustee of the Museum does, and that a 4th generation supporter like Olly Groome does too.

In fact, as Olly was asking the museum a couple of weeks back to use a lot of the 1947 final photos we got from Colin Cameron. They should be in the Burnley programme for obvious reason.
    Fair play Henry. I was thinking more of the so called senior execs rather than the loyal Addicks who continue to do the real work at CAFC.
  • Katrien, being a passionate fan of the club, must have organised something special to mark the event. I am sure it will all become clear later when her plans for a celebration are released.
  • Sponsored links:

• Peter_G said:

Peter_G said:

Fair play Henry. I was thinking more of the so called senior execs rather than the loyal Addicks who continue to do the real work at CAFC.
    Agreed, a trip round there wouldn't do them any harm in trying to understand how we all feel about the club.

• Those were the days. Not that I was around then either.
  • As usual the Programme can be seen here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/7404140710

Song Sheet is available here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/8674308895

Want to see more Charlton Programmes, then visit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/sets/

Daily programme updates on twitter - follow @addicksjrp
  • Well, 69 years on we have made another Cup Final. Just at Dartford instead of Wembley this time.
  • Total legends. Jimmy Seed, Sam Bartram et all.

We won The Cup in the days when it was a massive competition - before the days of major European trophies
    and fielding weakened teams in the F.A. Cup because The Premier League money came first.
  • A winning team in black and white.

Love the commentary "Not so long ago they were in the Third Division" .... and we are again now!
    Thanks Roland, Katrien, Richard and who could forget Karel......
  • I'm sure I was told/remember reading that American president, Harry S Trueman, presented the trophy, but having watched the video I realise that it was nonsense.
    God, the amount of people I've told that with absolute authority...
  • Dwight D. Eisenhower presented us with the war cup a couple of years earlier...I remember getting that right at a CAFC quiz night to general disbelief, although something like that sticks in your brain when you hear it. Well my addled brain anyway...
  • If the picture of the coach going up Floyd Road was not so blurred, you could see me, only 18 months old, but I was there.
  • I know where I was 20 years ago tonight. Anyone else there?
  • Sponsored links:

• I know Douchbag has been in, but has Pinocchio showed her face in there yet?
  • Dwight D. Eisenhower presented us with the war cup a couple of years earlier...I remember getting that right at a CAFC quiz night to general disbelief, although something like that sticks in your brain when you hear it. Well my addled brain anyway...

"The way Welsh feels right now, you could even talk him into a game of baseball!"

I think that's the quote from the very 1940s commentator on the Centenary DVD anyway.

Wembley 1947 - mum (Edna Jenkins - later Pullen), who sadly passed away earlier this year is in the centre, with sister Brenda to her left and their friend Eileen Arnold to her right :-) We still have the plywood model of the FA Cup she is holding, signed by all the players - would like it maybe to live in the museum but afraid what might happen to it under the current regime.

What a brilliant piece of family history!
  • @GoldthorpesHeel

What a great pic and we'd love to display it in the museum.

The museum is independent of the club and run by fans.
  • @GoldthorpesHeel

Can I tweet that pic on the museum twitter account?

@chathmuseum
  • What I find annoying is that if Roland had pulled his finger out, we could quite possibly reach that level again. You only have to look down the road to see what can be gained. 3 years ago, we were on a par with the Nigels, yet as we find ourselves slipping back into L1, they're now an established Premier club and 90 minutes away from winning the FA Cup.

I fucking hate you Roland.......... :neutral:
  • What I find annoying is that if Roland had pulled his finger out, we could quite possibly reach that level again. You only have to look down the road to see what can be gained. 3 years ago, we were on a par with the Nigels, yet as we find ourselves slipping back into L1, they're now an established Premier club and 90 minutes away from winning the FA Cup.

I fucking hate you Roland.......... :neutral:

Although I don't want them to win the cup, if they do then fair enough. They have done what is necessary with a bit of luck a long the way to compete at the top level. What have we done?