Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Seven season of League One...

...have been played since this was the final table for the third tier.

Leicester, Brighton, Walsall, Northampton and Cheltenham representing the title race for each of the top five divisions. Plus the reformed Hereford FC top their league this season.

Cool to see how quickly football can change.

Comments

• Plus Tranmere now in the National League and Stockport who have fallen even further.
  • It will be interesting to come back in 7-8 years to see we are.
  • Yeovil weren't far off a triple relegation into the Conference as well.

At the same time as this table we were 24th in the championship.....7 years later you could say we did improve our ranking after every decision....
  • edited April 2016

It will be interesting to come back in 7-8 years to see we are.

At the same time as this table we were 24th in the championship.....7 years later you could say we did improve our ranking after every decision....
    In 7 years we will be ground sharing with Sporting Bengal. The misery will be compounded with a 1-0 home loss to Villacourt Rovers through an OG from @TCE 's dog Bailey. Morgan Fox MOM with 6 out of 10. Colin Sams will be the manager (first English manager in Roly's 10 years at the club). And all press conferences will be held along Regent Street. Now that's what I call progress.
  • Its why I hate it when fans of clubs say... Oh we should be beating the likes of Brentford / Bournemouth etc.

WHY... Both sides are in the same league so both teams have equal rights to beat each other, yes Bournemouth were a League Two side god knows how many years ago whilst X side were having a cushty life in the Premier League yet that dont give your side the god-given right to three automatic points.
  • Sounds a bit like Tony Mowbray - no doubt he will be saying that next season.

But we really should be beating Billingham Synthonia in the 1st round of the FA Cup next season.
  • Sounds a bit like Tony Mowbray - no doubt he will be saying that next season.

But we really should be beating Billingham Synthonia in the 1st round of the FA Cup next season.

Shame that Welling have been relegated this season as going down to the Conference South means they wont be the one round from possibly facing us in the FA Cup next season (would love to see a competitive game against them).

Although would be very interesting if Ebbsfleet come up... Maybe Peter could finally meet Katrien ;)
  • I remember when a friend told me they supported Leicester about that time and I thought "aw bless"! Shows how far we've fallen.
  • Good post @Callumcafc
    There should be an anthem for all football clubs affiliated to the FA .. that ABBA classic 'Money, Money Money' .. as 9/10 times it is this lovely commodity which determines a club's position in the structure .. now and then a Leicester comes along to ruin the equation, but rarely .. it will be interesting next season to watch how (e.g.) Walsall or Burton get on .. will the owners supply funding enough to maintain their recent success ?

AND it's a worry how parachute and media payments are manipulating and unbalancing the whole structure of professional football at the higher levels
  • Sponsored links:

Still trying to beat Millwall in the National League