Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

@Alookman_ wins Championship Apprentice of the Year at the #FLAwards

Well done Ademola!

Comments

• Class. Make the most of the last 2 home games. Cos boy will he be doing bigger better things next season.
  • Good for him
  • He looks pretty pleased with himself - rightly so

I'll get a photo later :-)
  • Superb - very well deserved. A real talent and I hope he goes on to have a wonderful career.
  • Well done to him.
  • He's been the best part of our season on the pitch.
  • well done Lookie. Please dont go to Palace !
  • Sponsored links:

• Good for him
  • @Alookman_ wins Championship Apprentice of the Year at the #FLAwards

Well done Ademola!

Charlton will be holding an auction for him immediately after the awards tonight.
  • Well done Ademola. That's a few more pounds on the transfer fee.
  • Well deserved. He has been a pleasure to watch this season and everything we hear says he's a great lad as well. Wish him all the best with his future. Wish it was with us...just don't think we're going to see much more than the last four games of the season. It would have been difficult to keep him in the Championship. Nigh on impossible in L1.
  • Well done! Ironically he's one player where our academy has played a relatively small part, seeing that he joined us aged 16, when many of our other young players have been with us for 10 years
  • FANTASTIC
  • I'm sure Roly is rubbing his hands, it all adds to the bargaining power when he gets sold in a couple of months. With Katrien's negotiating skills, it's got to be worth at least another fiver.
  • I hope we get to see him play next season even if it's on loan from arsenal.
  • Made up for the lad !

Come & wish him well in person at the POTY dinner on Sunday 1st May.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    Won't be with us next season, Douchbag will more than likely cash in like he did at Standard Liege. Still at least we can say we saw him in a Charlton shirt at the beginning of his journey to stardom. Let's just hope he remembers his roots unlike Paull Walsh and Rob Lee to name a couple
  • iamdan said:

What's an apprentice wage these days?
    I used to get £600 a month 40 hour a week, Ade on similar?

I met an eighteen year old apprentice at a championship club who had captained their under 21 squad, played in a preseason friendly for the full squad and had successful loan spells at league 2 clubs - he earned £300 a week. I guess his wage was set up so that if he ever played a senior game it would go up, but hardly worth investing in Panama and he earned less than a lot of his friends working out of football.

I assume Lookman would be on more, given he signed a new, lengthy contract but I doubt he's earning millions.

• Should balance his price out based upon our relegation cutting it a bit.
  • RedChaser said:

Won't be with us next season, Douchbag will more than likely cash in like he did at Standard Liege. Still at least we can say we saw him in a Charlton shirt at the beginning of his journey to stardom. Let's just hope he remembers his roots unlike Paull Walsh and Rob Lee to name a couple

Paul Walsh, yes, but Rob Lee?

• I hope we get to see him play next season even if it's on loan from arsenal.

Absolutely zero chance of this. He will go to a Prem team, if he gets loaned out it will be to a decent Championship side. No one lends players who have already proved themselves in the Championship to teams in League One.
  • Terrific result for a twelve year old (only jesting as he looks sooo young) ..
    unfortunately it means that he'll be a marked man/boy next season as I am sure that he won't be sold on just yet ..
    a few times this season he's been close marked and kicked around and has shown understandable frustration and petulance at the lack of protection he gets from referees .. NOT that he should be mollycoddled but if an unbiased (lol) spectator like me can see deliberate provocation from the seats, then a referee should be able to spot it close up

Well done Ademola and I wish you a long and successful career, hopefully with CAFC
  • No idea how good he will go on to be - my main concern is his small build. Some of the flashes of skill he shows are pretty breathtaking.
  • Huge well done to Ademola... Do we know how he won the award.

i.e. Is it like the PFA Awards where he's voted by his fellow professionals from the Championship or is there a panel?
  • RedChaser said:

Paul Walsh, yes, but Rob Lee?

He was Robert Lee when he played for us.

Rebranding himself as 'Rob' suggests forgotten routes to me.

He'd have no chance with the new all singing all dancing turnstiles either.