Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Racon recalled

NugNug
edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Straight in on Sunday?

Comments

• hopefully....
  • Want to see players hungry to earn their spurs on Saturday.
    Racon in for Holland.
  • The RAC is BACK!!!!

Good news, looking forward to hopefully seeing him on Saturday.

Would like to see him partner Semedo if I'm honest although Shelvey will most likely be in there, which isn't a bad thing.
  • straight in for Sunday... Racon and Shelvey
  • I'd like to see those two, Rob Elliott and Wagstaff all start. No reason whatsoever not to. Gray and Varney up front.
  • I'd like to see Gibbs play also, surely he should be looked at unless he's done enough in training and they don't want to risk him for next season!!
  • 1 Elliot

2 Halford

3 Basey

5 Majid

6 Paddy

4 Racon

8 Sheverley

7 Thomas

11 Ambrose

9 Gray

10 Varney

subs; Wagstaff, Powell (Last 10 minutes) Weaver, Big Chris, Holland( Last 10 minutes)
  • Agreed Gray and Varney up front.
    Gibbs absence on Saturday probably suggests that there won't be a new contract.

By the way where did Sorondo end up?
  • Does this sudden recall mean Pards thinks we are weak in midfield???? Holland for example knackered out/over the hill (bless him for trying though). Or is he trying to decide whether to keep him and give him a run out?

:)
  • Could this be the first bit of common sense we have seen since the new year?

I really rate this lad, hope he gets a full game and does well
  • Sponsored links:

• by all accounts he's looked pretty good down at brighton, and fans rated him quite highly, in most match reports he seems to be forward for MOM, and theyve deff been playin alot betta since he joined, although not sure if thats the emergence of Cox and westlake or racons displays, hopefully the latter
  • He should have been recalled for the Barnsley match. A central midfield of Racon and Shelvey could be interesting for next year.
  • Good, lets hope he lives up to what we saw at Palace.
  • that is all i have too go by henners as well but he looked in that game by jove
  • I'm very hopeful that he plays on Sunday. If he does, i don't think you can understate just how clearly important it will be as to whether he has a future with us.

From what i have heard, Racon has very much split our coaching staff. Some believe he can go on and be very good, others are unsure about him. I strongly suspect Pardew is in the unsure camp.

Reports back from Brighton have been very mixed. He was extremely impressive in the first few games, looking a class above League 1 level, but has since tailed off from that standard as the loan went on.

Accomplished on the ball has been the key positive highlight, with erratic in possession, and missing for large chunks of the game noted as weaknesses. General belief though that he is the type of player who will look more accomplished at the higher level he plays at, and maybe League 1 not fully suited to him, and certainly not over a 46 game season.

If he does not play on Sunday, he is one i very much expect will be shipped out in the Summer. Play and impress, then he could feature heavily from the start of next year.
  • Sunday should be a no loan player day

elliott

moo2 fortune bougherra youga

ambrose racon shelvey wagstaff

varney gray -- if dickson unfit
  • Moo2 is out for season because of red card in reserves.
  • Moo2 is suspend, Youga is not fit
  • Gibbs ........ play Gibbs. If anyone can find him.

;o)
  • Weaver
    Halford McCarthy Bougherra Basey
    Ambrose Racon Shelvey Wagstaff
    Varney Gray
  • Sponsored links:

• I d like to see Elliott, Gibbs, Racon and Basey get a game. Be honest, how much worse can they be.
  • Trouble is, if you played such an experimental side all together, you could lose all structure and shape to the team.
    Might as well play the Reserve side.

In any case, there would be hordes of people moaning & booing, if a young and inexperienced team got turned over 5-0 by Coventry.
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Trouble is, if you played such an experimental side all together, you could lose all structure and shape to the team.

In any case, there would be hordes of people moaning & booing, if a young and inexperienced team got turned over 5-0 by Coventry.

so true

I'd have

Elliot
    Semedo Bougy Gibbs Basey
    Racon Holland
    Waggy Ambrose Varney
    Gray

I loathe to have ambrose in the team but there's not many other options, would rather have ZZ there, or Yussof, would rather have dicko upfront and moutakil @ RB, Youga LB
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]that is all i have too go by henners as well but he looked in that game by jove

Like Randolph was great after Liverpool
  • [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Trouble is, if you played such an experimental side all together, you could lose all structure and shape to the team.

so true

I'd have

Elliot
    Semedo Bougy Gibbs Basey
    Racon Holland
    Waggy Ambrose Varney
    Gray

I loathe to have ambrose in the team but there's not many other options, would rather have ZZ there, or Yussof, would rather have dicko upfront and moutakil @ RB, Youga LB

No Shelvey, Scruffle?
  • Gotta ditch Ol' Matt Holland!
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]

so true

I'd have

Elliot
    Semedo Bougy Gibbs Basey
    Racon Holland
    Waggy Ambrose Varney
    Gray

No Shelvey, Scruffle?

Thank god, I forgot, Ambrose can f off then
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Trouble is, if you played such an experimental side all together, you could lose all structure and shape to the team.

Don't think you can lose what you never had!!
  • Weaver
    Halford, McCarthy, Bougherra, Basey
    Wagstaff, Racon, Shelvey, ZZ, Varney
    Gray
  • I honestly think that the players i named are at least as good if not better than those in the first team. I ve seen them play quite a few times and there are others who could step up like Shelvey.Surely they should be given a chance before we start buying new players