Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Hunt needs our help

I'm lucky enough to be staying at Andy Hunt's lovely lodge in Belize and I've seen close up the effort he puts in coaching local kids...out there several nights a week on average, all voluntary of course.

The kids have little or no kit, boots, etc, and though Andy has given plenty he's appealing for help in getting more kids kitted out.

You can see the appeal here: https://www.gofundme.com/gvp599ng

The lodge itself is brilliant, and I hope to post again with a feature about Andy, his life out here and his views on Charlton past and present.

Comments

• You tell him we need HIS help

For sure! And maybe with a Dutch wife, can we convince RD that the family is kind-of Belgian?
  • He's got some front.
  • Andy Hunt top man he plays upfront.
  • Andy Hunt...???...his name rings a bell, did he play up front???
  • Has he got any old stuff he wants to donate to the museum?
  • Greenie said:

He's got some front.

???
  • I'm lucky enough to be staying at Andy Hunt's lovely lodge in Belize and I've seen close up the effort he puts in coaching local kids...out there several nights a week on average, all voluntary of course.

The kids have little or no kit, boots, etc, and though Andy has given plenty he's appealing for help in getting more kids kitted out.

You can see the appeal here: https://www.gofundme.com/gvp599ng

The lodge itself is brilliant, and I hope to post again with a feature about Andy, his life out here and his views on Charlton past and present.

Good on him. Good man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ive just given a bit. Loved Andy hunt
  • I loved an interview he did once with Mark Mansfield which got terminated when his takeaway curry arrived :-)
  • Greenie said:

He's got some front.

???

I'm presuming it's a joke about the position he played .....
  • Greenie said:

He's got some front.

???
    Stu, he played up front.................
  • thought he'd sold that a few years ago....am sure I saw something on his blog about moving to Aruba....anyway, good on him....one of my all time favourite players (and his brother and best mate both played for CIFC.....long before the days of Uncle and George Shelvey kitting up for CLFC...)
  • edited March 2016

thought he'd sold that a few years ago....am sure I saw something on his blog about moving to Aruba....anyway, good on him....one of my all time favourite players (and his brother and best mate both played for CIFC.....long before the days of Uncle and George Shelvey kitting up for CLFC...)

It's very much open for business, though they did decamp to Aruba for a spell some years ago, I think found it a bit boring/restrictive.

Though physically the chronic fatigue syndrome that cut short his career still impacts his fitness levels, he's in pretty good shape generally (not shoved on pounds of fat like many ex-pros). Dismayed by our decline of course, and follows football somewhat, but very happy that there is more to life than football. Doesn't keep in close contact with anyone from the team.. And (depressingly but predictably) got no response when he contacted CAFC last summer re a possible visit (whereas WBA paraded him on the pitch at a game)

He and his wife were brilliant hosts .. Their lodge is small and intimate, so you go to mix in rather than have aloof luxury.
  • thought he'd sold that a few years ago....am sure I saw something on his blog about moving to Aruba....anyway, good on him....one of my all time favourite players (and his brother and best mate both played for CIFC.....long before the days of Uncle and George Shelvey kitting up for CLFC...)

. And (depressingly but predictably) got no response when he contacted CAFC last summer re a possible visit (whereas WBA paraded him on the pitch at a game)

No response whatsoever? Nothing should surprise us I suppose but that is disgusting. His goals took us back to the Premier League. History doesn't matter though I guess.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Greenie said:

He's got some front.

???
    I'm going to sit in a dark room for a few days, laters.

:(
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

He's got some front.

???
    I'm going to sit in a dark room for a few days, laters.

:(
    .......He's got a beard like my granny.....?
  • Headline should read:
    "Charlton need Andy Hunt's help"
    :smiley:
  • Thread for next season:

"Andy Delort needs your help"

It's very much open for business, though they did decamp to Aruba for a spell some years ago, I think found it a bit boring/restrictive.

Though physically the chronic fatigue syndrome that cut short his career still impacts his fitness levels, he's in pretty good shape generally (not shoved on pounds of fat like many ex-pros). Dismayed by our decline of course, and follows football somewhat, but very happy that there is more to life than football. Doesn't keep in close contact with anyone from the team.. And (depressingly but predictably) got no response when he contacted CAFC last summer re a possible visit (whereas WBA paraded him on the pitch at a game)

He and his wife were brilliant hosts .. Their lodge is small and intimate, so you go to mix in rather than have aloof luxury.
    How did you book this? We have been thinking about going to Belize for some time.
  • Is this something the Community trust could maybe get involved in?
  • Oakster said:

thought he'd sold that a few years ago....am sure I saw something on his blog about moving to Aruba....anyway, good on him....one of my all time favourite players (and his brother and best mate both played for CIFC.....long before the days of Uncle and George Shelvey kitting up for CLFC...)

How did you book this? We have been thinking about going to Belize for some time.
    We booked directly with him, via email initially. We went to the website (see Chiccago Addick's post for the link) - he's pretty responsive

If you'd like to know more DM me, I'd be happy to tell you more via a call...