Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks advertising for new chief scout just five months after Phil Chapple left

edited February 2016 in General Charlton
From VOTVONLINE

Quite a speedy response, by Katrien's standards, considering it took over two years to find a Head of Comms

My personal view is that this is a result of Roland's visit two weeks ago when he said we need to be better at recruiting in England (wow, what a genius he is).

Making Mark Stow cover both roles would clearly mean he couldn't do either to the best of his ability so this is good news, too late and reactive as ever as it might be.

Comments

• Less a reaction to Chapple leaving and more to them realising Fraeye was total pants????
  • Add to long list of 'ooh we don't need that/ can do better ourselves/ need a better one'

I'm counting here Airman, ticket office, Yann, Chris Powell, Riga first time round, all the staff who ran the turnstiles (I hate the barcode reading shite). im sure I can write a longer list after I've calmed down for an hour or two.
  • Back in the dark ages I was sixer of the Reds in the Cubs and got my Leaping Wolf.

Take me as your Chief Scout Katrien
  • Who have we got capable to interview a new chief scout?
  • Errrr, Pinocchio no doubt.
  • Nothing in there about Opposition scouting, which is totally different to player scouting & recruitment, although the Chief Scout should organise that as well. Not that important if your model is Crewe Alexandra I suppose.

The current staff at the club should look at the competences in that job application list and have a look at some of the players in the squad. A few people have been negligent in the signings they have made. I hope there is a proper review, because a lot of money has been misspent.

It reminds me of a situation when Terry Venables took the Spurs job. He called all of the staff in and asked who made the decisions to let Bowen, Culverhouse and Crook go to Norwich, who were at the top of the league at the time? Nothing wrong with a review.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bleeding typical, the one year I don't buy the latest copy of Football Manager, and the club advertise the Chief scouts post.
  • Quite a speedy response, by Katrien's standards, considering it took over two years to find a Head of Comms

My personal view is that this is a result of Roland's visit two weeks ago when he said we need to be better at recruiting in England (wow, what a genius he is).

Making Mark Stow cover both roles would clearly mean he couldn't do either to the best of his ability so this is good news, too late and reactive as ever as it might be.

On the VOTV website since Thursday ... :-)
  • Never seen a job advertised with a laptop and a mobile phone as benefits. They are tools supplied by the employer.
    Everything about this club shouts amateurs.
  • Quite a speedy response, by Katrien's standards, considering it took over two years to find a Head of Comms

Don't be shy now Airman ?

How many extra copies did you sell in the Varney email edition ?

Or do other outlets like social media, effect that in 2016 ?

I guess as long as the voice gets heard.
  • Interview 20 applicants in a 2 hour session and appoint someone from Belgium, shame KF has now got a job

Don't be shy now Airman ?

How many extra copies did you sell in the Varney email edition ?

Or do other outlets like social media, effect that in 2016 ?

I guess as long as the voice gets heard.
    Indeed - I'm just scolding Henry for his lack of attribution. Should have called him Colin.

I had tweeted it to 2,000 followers though!
  • edited February 2016
    I was told this yesterday and it looks a reasonably thorough spec.

However, what concerns me is that RD said last week, he wanted even more Academy players in the first X1.

"They" are starting to listen & learn, now it's too late.
  • Cycle to work scheme!! John, we want you to scout this exciting youngster playing for Aberdeen....
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll give it a go....
  • Some Belgian no name
  • I'll repeat the new Club's motto ad infinitum ...

"Too little, too late "
  • It will be a Belgian. It always is.....
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

It will be a Belgian. It always is.....

Makes sense really, saves someone having to travel all the way across to Belgium to look at new players :smile:
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

• Tutt-Tutt said:

I'm assuming they will be British tbf. Probably Phil Chapple.
  • Note that the Chief Scout is only tasked identifying and evaluating footballers with a view to signing
    "established and talented young players".

We've got plenty of young players and will have even more in the team next season - far too many, in fact. What we urgently need are a few experienced and streetwise pros who can do a job for us next season in League 1. A couple of gnarled old warhorses wouldn't go amiss.

Still, as we all know, Roland knows best.
  • LenGlover said:

Take me as your Chief Scout Katrien

Is that your attempt at a chat-up line Len? I'm not sure whether I'm more concerned about your taste in women or your skill at romance :-)