Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Keyboard warriors slag off protests

Sitting in the comfort of my home following the match thread I became aware of some pretty acidic comments aimed at the protests and those at the match who applauded Kermo after his goals.
Very little response when I asked for their ideas.

They were clearly not at the match but felt it fine to really slag off those that were. Not for going but for how they protested.

I was called out as a bovril drinker which I found highly offensive as a veggie.

Tbh I was surprised at the intensity of the hatred against fellow fans. If they are not all mouth there could be some unpleasant scenes before this season is over.

Comments

• edited February 2016
    I can't say I've seen any on the Match/Post-Match threads? Some bickering over abusive comments aimed Miere but that's about it.

Not to mention, some of us keep an eye on twitter/charltonlife during the protests (+ at half time) to see what others are doing/thinking. I wasn't there today (first time in months) but if people are complaining then they need to reassess where they're directing their anger.
  • As you said, they're all mouth.
  • LuckyReds said:

I can't say I've seen any on the Match/Post-Match threads? Some bickering over abusive comments aimed Miere but that's about it.

From what I've experienced it's just on Twitter and Facebook (especially facebook).
  • LuckyReds said:

From what I've experienced it's just on Twitter and Facebook (especially facebook).
    Oh, fair play.. there's some right muppets on some of the facebook groups.
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

I agree, don't think we need to make anything of it though. Fan division is the last thing we need right now.
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

I agree, don't think we need to make anything of it though. Fan division is the last thing we need right now.
    It was Facebook and i did try to say something like we are all against the regime though aren't we but to little response. Shame they don't support the fight rather than slag off those that are actually doing something.
  • Said on post match. Fat bloke with a CARD top and a smart bloke with a black and white scarf were standing and applauding Kermongants goal in the East Stand. Some sort of protest I know, but neither applauded the kids at half time.
  • Sitting in the comfort of my home following the match thread

Surely some irony there in calling people keyboard warriors?

As for lack of ideas, I believe most ideas are suggest away from forums, hence the 12pm announcement.

• To the keyboard warriors - as Freddie Kruger said in Nightmare on elm street "who cares what you think". The protests have been superb and there is more to come.

• Sponsored links:

• masicat said:

Said on post match. Fat bloke with a CARD top and a smart bloke with a black and white scarf were standing and applauding Kermongants goal in the East Stand. Some sort of protest I know, but neither applauded the kids at half time.

I applauded both. Your point is?
    Have a guess and see how you do.

As for lack of ideas, I believe most ideas are suggest away from forums, hence the 12pm announcement.

Difference was that I wasn't slagging off those people who were there.

You've spectacularly missed the point.
  • seth plum said:

I applauded Yann, chanted his name too, and told the Academy kids at half time not to sign for Charlton because to Roland you're not a person but a piece of meat.
    If anybody wants to take it up with me in person then we can arrange a meet, and film it for YouTube.

I will bring the pasties Seth - cheese and onion, of course!
  • Whatever you do, make sure you don't find yourself flouncing off to any other Charlton forums - one in particular (which shall remain nameless) is like some kind of strange twilight zone......Charlton's own care in the community scheme for sociopaths who are constantly advocating violence ....not against the regime, so much, but more against the folk on here and elsewhere who had the temerity to actually organise something and get it up and running without asking for their spittle flecked opinions, the poor snowflakes.

You can go over there any time and find them criticising CAST and telling all and sundry (well, the five people on the forum, anyway) how things should be done via kicking off and taking direct action. Funnily enough, they never appear to actually lead by example - but they are very good at suggesting how others should be arrested on their behalf. Funnily enough, quite a few of them were the primary cheerleaders for Meire et al in the past, but don't mention that or one of them may well spontaneously combust.....

There are other cafc forums? God I've led a sheltered life.
  • Sponsored links:

• There are other cafc forums? God I've led a sheltered life.

There are. And they're all shit! :)

You've spectacularly missed the point.
    Still missing it. Care to expand?
  • I saw that on the Facebook group, had to laugh at the Bovril drinker comment! I've only been in that group a month or so and its the same 5-6 people slagging everything off, players, fans, protests, card etc.. They always suggest violence, storming the pitch, dragging Roland out the ground (like he's fucking here at the game anyway) but tell everyone else to do it. Then when someone tells them to go ahead they either go quiet or just call them a cnut, pathetic. It's now got to the stage whenever I read some of the total crap posted on there I have a guess at which of the 5-6 has posted it! To sum it up the one that called you a Bovril drinker and slagging everything off about the protests then writes he's at home watching the rugby, knob head!
  • Whatever you do, make sure you don't find yourself flouncing off to any other Charlton forums - one in particular (which shall remain nameless) is like some kind of strange twilight zone......Charlton's own care in the community scheme for sociopaths who are constantly advocating violence ....not against the regime, so much, but more against the folk on here and elsewhere who had the temerity to actually organise something and get it up and running without asking for their spittle flecked opinions, the poor snowflakes.

You can go over there any time and find them criticising CAST and telling all and sundry (well, the five people on the forum, anyway) how things should be done via kicking off and taking direct action. Funnily enough, they never appear to actually lead by example - but they are very good at suggesting how others should be arrested on their behalf. Funnily enough, quite a few of them were the primary cheerleaders for Meire et al in the past, but don't mention that or one of them may well spontaneously combust.....

Everyone else is rubbish, but they do nothing themselves. Parody of a fans site.

(Coooeeeee Big Un, nice to know you're still looking in. Sweet dreams)
  • I love the protests, think the effort that people are going too is great. But I can never understand clapping a player scoring against us, regardless of his status with our fans. I just don't 'get it'. What happened to 'support the team, not the regime'. Clap him before and after the game... I get that....but cheering an opposition goal is surely counter productive?

I didn't clap his goal.

I clapped the way he didn't celebrate
    Please tell me how, to anyone that you didn't explain this to before hand, there is any difference?

Did the players (and by that I mean our players) know that you weren't clapping them conceding a goal?
  • There are other cafc forums? God I've led a sheltered life.

There are. And they're all shit! :)

Crawler......