Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Reading Match Thread

edited February 2016 in General Charlton
Henderson, Fanni, Johnson, Teixeira, Motta, Suk-Young, Diarra, Ba, Gudmundsson, Makienok, Sanogo

CHARLTON SUBS | Pope, Fox, Poyet, Bergdich, Harriott,Ghoochannejhad, Lookman

Looks like a 5212 to me

--------------Henderson----------------
-----Fanni Johnson Teixeira-----
Motta---------------------Suk Young
---------Diarra---------Ba---------------
----------Gudmundsson-------------
--------Makienok Sanogo----------

Comments

• Reading starting XI vs Charlton: Al-Habsi, Gunter, Obita, McShane (c), Cooper, Norwood, Hector, Quinn, Robson-Kanu, John, Kermorgant.

Reading subs vs Charlton: Bond, Williams, Rakels, McCleary, Ferdinand, Piazon, Cox.
  • edited February 2016
    Good to see Diarra back and Motta ,Fanni and Young getting a start. Won't do any harm to give it a go. 2 lumps up front.
  • edited February 2016
    Like the look of that 532. Much better side than of late.
  • Nice to see Riga making some big decisions. Hasn't been working so why not. Fingers crossed.
  • 3-4-1-2. Round pegs in round holes. Don't know if it'll be good enough to get a result, but looks about as balanced a side a we can put out at the moment.

Good to see Diarra back, hope he is properly fit and hasn't been rushed.
  • Pleased with the team. Thing Yun and Motta will give good width. Hopefully they can put good crosses in for Sanogo and Mak to attack.
  • Not a single home grown player in the starting lineup
  • Johnson, Suk-Young, Fanni. Seriously.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    3-4-1-2
    Henderson
    Fanni - Johnson - Teixeira
    Motta - Diarra - Ba - Yun
    Gudmundsson
    Makienok - Sanogo

That was the formation the other night, apparently. Wingbacks.
  • Solly dropped too! Oooooooo
  • sam3110 said:

Henderson, Fanni, Johnson, Teixeira, Motta, Suk-Young, Diarra, Ba, Gudmundsson, Makienok, Sanogo

CHARLTON SUBS | Pope, Fox, Poyet, Bergdich, Harriott,Ghoochannejhad, Lookman

Looks like a 5212 to me

--------------Henderson----------------
    -----Fanni Johnson Teixeira-----
    Motta---------------------Suk Young
    ---------Diarra---------Ba---------------
    ----------Gudmundsson-------------
    --------Makienok Sanogo----------

One of the most non-British starting line-ups we've ever fielded?
  • 3-4-1-2. Round pegs in round holes. Don't know if it'll be good enough to get a result, but looks about as balanced a side a we can put out at the moment.

Good to see Diarra back, hope he is properly fit and hasn't been rushed.

Unlike with Cousins....
  • I'm glad Motta is in there after his performance at PNE, and good to see Diarra back but as for Fanni and Johnson, god help us...
  • Like the look of that 532. Much better side than of late.

Unfortunately Reading's line up is strong also!
  • uie2 said:

Solly dropped too! Oooooooo

Injured.
  • Shrew said:

I'm glad Motta is in there after his performance at PNE, and good to see Diarra back but as for Fanni and Johnson, god help us...

I think Fanni is going to be a decent play. The great thing about the 3-5-2 is that Johnson should never touch the ball in an attacking sense, and if he does, he should pass it three yards sideways to one of the other center halves, or back to Hendo.

Fanni and Tex will provide cover for Johnson on the turn, and it allows Jonhosn to go and attack headers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like a mad experiment as everything else has failed.........maybe Carol is still picking the team after all.
  • That looks fresh - only query would be if they know each other's names.
  • Peter_G said:

uie2 said:

Solly dropped too! Oooooooo

Injured.
    Oh okay cheers
  • Actually McAleny was a sub - certainly confused BDL for a moment.
  • Quite like the look of that line-up but needs jbg to turn up or we won't create a lot of chances.
  • If we concede from corners today with all those monsters in the side, then we may as well cancel the rest of the season.
  • What was the point of getting Poyet in.. Ba starting in a deeper 2 of midfield. Stinking, shit + wall comes to mind.
  • Still no Vetokele?
  • Decent line up that. One of the things that bothered me against Preston was that we went with the formation but not the players for it. With Fox's lack of pace and attacking threat it isn't fair to expect him to play at wingback, and Solly is no central midfielder. Having Diarra in to sit, Ba going box to box and two proper wingbacks we might see something more like a performance today. Probably won't though, it's us
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!