Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Proper Charlton would ya....

pay £450 to go on this....
Flying Scotsman arrives at King's Cross ahead of historic journey
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35657423

Comments

• Proper Charlton wouldnt ride it. Proper Charlton would just stand at the end of the platform wanking over it.

What do you do though when you have no tissues?
  • That's nothing, I get to ride south eastern (2 x trains) and the DLR on Saturday to get to Charlton, charlton fan heaven :-)
  • Sums us up.
    Beat the bookie thread is 2 hours old and has 20 views.
    A teasing would ya thread is an hour old and had 250+ views.
    This place is either full of pervs or we can sniff a train related thread out from a mile off.
    Or both.

A lot of people don't bet, but trains....
  • DA9 said:

That's nothing, I get to ride south eastern (2 x trains) and the DLR on Saturday to get to Charlton, charlton fan heaven :-)

Oh please stop!! :( ... I'm at work and cant deal with you teasing me!!
  • edited February 2016
    Who wouldn't want to mount that eh lads, and ride it till you ran out of puff.

• Sponsored links:

• Nah, I just want its number for my notebook... proper Charlton!
  • We stayed at my sisters in Tonbridge over the weekend and took my daughter on the Spa Valley railway (I had nothing to do with choosing it, honest) Is well worth a visit if anyone's thinking of going.
  • edited February 2016

We stayed at my sisters in Tonbridge over the weekend and I went on my own to the Spa Valley railway (I had my note pad, pencil case, flask and blanket with me) Is well worth a visit if anyone's in to trains.

• Calls himself a trainspotter! The genuine article would have ascertained which track the train was travelling on and positioned himself accordingly.

But it reminds me of a bloke I used to work with who was actually a part owner of a steam train.
    Said train, had a run out one weekend and Gerry brought in his video of the event, having stationed (pun intended) himself beside the tracks to get some good video. On the Monday Gerry was very keen that we all went off to a training room which had a large projector screen to watch his proud moment. We feigned an interest and went and were glad we did. The video was really hilarious as there were masses of other spotters at the same location and Gerry couldn't get a decent view. The video consisted of him abusing the other spotters, and trying to video and fight at the same time. There was little to see of the train but arms and legs flying around with the camera tilting this way and that. He was upset that we all thought it was funny.
  • cafcfan said:

Calls himself a trainspotter! The genuine article would have ascertained which track the train was travelling on and positioned himself accordingly.

But it reminds me of a bloke I used to work with who was actually a part owner of a steam train.
    Said train, had a run out one weekend and Gerry brought in his video of the event, having stationed (pun intended) himself beside the tracks to get some good video. On the Monday Gerry was very keen that we all went off to a training room which had a large projector screen to watch his proud moment. We feigned an interest and went and were glad we did. The video was really hilarious as there were masses of other spotters at the same location and Gerry couldn't get a decent view. The video consisted of him abusing the other spotters, and trying to video and fight at the same time. There was little to see of the train but arms and legs flying around with the camera tilting this way and that. He was upset that we all thought it was funny.
    I don't think you're proper Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• pay £450 to go on this....
    Flying Scotsman arrives at King's Cross ahead of historic journey
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35657423

Just thinking about that swee..swee..swee..sweee..ass
  • oooh the furry bit round the hood of me parka has gone all quivery !
  • Us Charlton fans shouldn't get ideas above our station.

The Flying Scotsman is in the Premier League of locomotives - we are much smaller than that.
  • Us Charlton fans shouldn't get ideas above our station.

The Flying Scotsman is in the Premier League of locomotives - we are much smaller than that.

So, are you suggesting that we're all just a bunch of shunters?
  • IA said:

cafcfan said:

Calls himself a trainspotter! The genuine article would have ascertained which track the train was travelling on and positioned himself accordingly.

I don't think you're proper Charlton
    V. good! I have actually travelled to see some trains. Thought we were going for a trip on the line but the journey was too long and involved a coach trip back which I didn't fancy. I'll post pictures when I'm on a different machine. Exciting eeh?
  • Here we go!

And two for the price of one.

• And my favourite train-related sign:

Here's why:

• edited October 2020
    cafcfan said:
    Calls himself a trainspotter! The genuine article would have ascertained which track the train was travelling on and positioned himself accordingly. But it reminds me of a bloke I used to work with who was actually a part owner of a steam train. Said train, had a run out one weekend and Gerry brought in his video of the event, having stationed (pun intended) himself beside the tracks to get some good video. On the Monday Gerry was very keen that we all went off to a training room which had a large projector screen to watch his proud moment. We feigned an interest and went and were glad we did. The video was really hilarious as there were masses of other spotters at the same location and Gerry couldn't get a decent view. The video consisted of him abusing the other spotters, and trying to video and fight at the same time. There was little to see of the train but arms and legs flying around with the camera tilting this way and that. He was upset that we all thought it was funny.
    Fighting and skirmishing whilst ‘spotting, if there’s a more healthy, natural or gentlemanly pastime for a young man, then I’d like to know what it is... 😑
  • edited October 2020

I would pay LOTS of money to witness this.

Cierny Balog, Slovakia is my destination in the not too distant future.