Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Ticket Prices

It would seem that Huddersfield have taken the decision to make all their adult season tickets £174.

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/huddersfield-town-season-cards-201617-179-2973677.aspx

This makes ours look positively expensive in the East and the West.

I don't want to look cheap but I wouldn't hesitate at renewing mine at that price.

Comments

• Correct me if I'm wrong but why should anywhere in the stadium be more or less expensive than anywhere else in the ground?

You're still looking at the same pitch!
  • edited February 2016
    C_A_F_C said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but why should anywhere in the stadium be more or less expensive than anywhere else in the ground?

Yes but from some seats you get better views of the future stars of the Premier League.
    Correct. The better seats the more of a unique fan experience it is.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but why should anywhere in the stadium be more or less expensive than anywhere else in the ground?

Is this a serious question?
  • Huskaris said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but why should anywhere in the stadium be more or less expensive than anywhere else in the ground?

Is this a serious question?
    The more you pay the closer you get to our beloved and fragrant CEO.
  • seth plum said:

timken said:

dont renew at any price

Exactly this. I understand people have a budget each month and a season ticket can be a saving on buying on a match to match basis, but I can't for the life of me get my head around anyone wanting to give these Belgian wankers money.

Of course it's each to there own, but I think cheap season tickets are going to tip the balance for the undecided. Why though? Even if season tickets were £50, that's still £50 in the regimes pocket.

Renewing a season ticket because they are 'cheap' is total bollocks. If your that hell bent on going, then you will renew whatever the cost (if you can afford it). It kind of makes a mockery of slagging the regime off and wanting them out, yet still putting money their way.

We're going to be in league 1 next season, with players that are worse than we have now (I dread to think what sort of dross will be representing our club).

The regime (including that little weasel Richard Murray) have turned their backs on the supporters, told nothing but lies for over 2 years, mugged us off with appalling signings, apparently upgraded the football experience - which they clearly haven't as most fans would prefer to watch a competitive team on the pitch - over a pull pork sandwich and a pint of piss water.

I keep hearing about the academy and the investment going in to that -more bollocks its just a nursary for other clubs to take our best players with the money going back to Belgium.

As for Lookman signing a new deal, he'll be gone in the summer and a nice little profit in that Belgian wanker's coffers. It was probably only done to get a release clause in anyway. I know Lookman said he wanted to give the club something back. I don't know him so couldn't comment on how true that is, I'm sure he feels that way now, but should a Premiership club put a lucrative contract under his nose, what's he going to do? I know what I'd do and it wouldn't involve League 1 and turning up for training at a club that changes its manager every 3 months. I personally think he should move on (and that's coming from somebody who wants the best possible players at his club) for his own sake - he may not make it at a top club, but he will learn a hell of a lot more training with top players rather than the likes of Reza, Sarr et al. Or maybe he should stay and watch Morgan Fox blaze free kicks out of the ground.

I wouldn't spit on this mob if they were on fire, let alone hand over money to them.

Rant over - and certainly not a personal dig at anybody. As I said, each to their own.
    Not a rant but an excellent post.

However it is a wrenching issue. I have had an unbroken run of season tickets since 1971, and indeed a couple in seasons before then too. My son has continually had a ticket since the age of eight months!
    Weirdly I am having a conversation with myself that says if the price is low enough, then the regime would be making my protests more affordable and I can continue to stand up against them.
    The number of people vowing to go to away games indicates how hard it is to break the habit, and going to Charlton has been so deeply woven into my life, stopping would feel like a rip in the space/time continuum.
    Good points Seth. It's a real tough one for some I'm sure. Let's home somebody with some money can tempt the Belgian to sell up soon and we can all get back to having a season ticket and supporting of great (I may be geeing a bit carried away there!!!)team again.
  • edited February 2016
    I've had a S/T since 1973 & always go regardless. I always will.

I totally back anyone not renewing & if I'm sitting there with my mates and sons, just the six of us, so be it.

Everyone has to do what they have to do.

If I paid by match, I'd give them a lot more.

Anyway, we've stopped going to Crossbars this season, which I estimate has cost them more than £2K.

10 people at say £10 each = £100 per game = £2300. (10 people because others sit elsewhere in the ground).
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-201617-season-ticket-10927954

Bear in mind that's locked in Championship prices, they're going to have to go a whole host cheaper to look like value in League One.. Especially if we aren't mounting any sort of attempt to go back up (fielding a youth squad with a couple of these duds is no real attempt)
  • Rumours are that the club will be paying fans the cost of a season ticket to turn up...
  • Rumours are that the club will be paying fans the cost of a season ticket to turn up...

Unless it's a four figure sum, they can do one!
  • Good on Huddersfield.

On the renew/not to renew I understand both sides of the arguments, however a couple of points to add:

1. If you are going to go to every game or the majority won't buying a season ticket give less money to the regime compared to buying each match? (all be it you are paying up front rather than week by week but I still think it'll be less).

2. If the prices continue to be varied around the ground, if you are renewing simply renew in the cheaper seats, less money to the regime. A fullish protesting North stand rather than 6,000 spread around 3 would be a good signal on many bases.

3. Stopping sponsoring training kits, match days, buying food & drink or programmes/club shop, boycotting the bars etc will hurt them more.

I'm surprised that 2. isn't one of CARD's suggestion, i.e. don't renew, but if you do only do so in the North. At least that way those who don't renew don't those that do still are part of the protesting etc.
  • I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought CARD were asking us to delay renewing to see if a massive drop in end season/close season season ticket sales would prompt the regime into taking action or buggering off. If nothing changes then I think there will be many of us advocating a full home boycott not just season tickets but all home tickets
  • I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought CARD were asking us to delay renewing to see if a massive drop in end season/close season season ticket sales would prompt the regime into taking action or buggering off. If nothing changes then I think there will be many of us advocating a full home boycott not just season tickets but all home tickets

This ^ If you can't go without your fortnightly fix at the Valley, get it away from home so that you don't put any more money the way of the nut job.
  • I've hadticket a S/T since 1973 & always go regardless. I always will.

I totally back anyone not renewing & if I'm sitting there with my mates and sons, just the six of us, so be it.

Everyone has to do what they have to do.

If I paid by match, I'd give them a lot more.

Anyway, we've stopped going to Crossbars this season, which I estimate has cost them more than £2K.

10 people at say £10 each = £100 per game = £2300. (10 people because others sit elsewhere in the ground).

That's handy just need another 7994 to get a season ticket before the season starts

• It's a better view from the side if the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

Agreed that is the main message, although I read it as 'don't renew for now and unless they are gone then don't renew at all'.
  • edited March 2016
    I understood it to be don't renew until the last minute to save your seat.

The truth is that if they are clever (and history tells us that they are not) then they will offer substabtial discounts off the published price for early renewal. That would be the best way to test fans.

Threatening to sell seats to someone else, which they have used in the past, could backfire as many of the fans will refuse to secure their seats and then if they lose them they will not buy a season ticket elsewhere.

Unless the side is going to storm the third division (something I can't see happening) having fans pay on a match by match basis is dangerous. I would just not turn up at all if we were losing at home to the teams that I won't offend by naming.

The only chance they will get any money out of me is if they make the deal too good to be refuse or if the team play ok-ish football and they win most weeks. The former is in their control, the latter, I'm not sure they have the competence to achieve.

I'm still waiting for my fiver from the last game!
  • I may renew if they are gone or going by the time the season starts. No matter what the price I won't renew if they're still here.
  • Accrington Stanley fans will pay just £264.50 anywhere in their ground next season. http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/season-tickets/ Katrien TAKE NOTE!!
  • edited May 2016
    I've had a season ticket for 17 years which, comparatively to what I'm reading on here, isn't long. However, I funded them myself from the age of 14 and have now held a season ticket for over half my life. For me to not want to renew, I believe proves (to myself at least) that things are bad. I won't renew til they are gone.
  • Accrington Stanley fans will pay just £264.50 anywhere in their ground next season. http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/season-tickets/ Katrien TAKE NOTE!!

That's 99.50 more than some of our season tickets next season....
  • I just can't bring myself to renew, and I will miss it, I've had a season ticket for 19 seasons, I just can't give them my money