Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Friday music thread

ScoSco
edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
Not everyone's cup of tea I appreciate, but Portishead at Brixton Academy last night were brilliant.

Think the new album should be good...

On other musical recommendations - the new Nick Cave album is superb, although you may have to give it a little time to take to.

Anybody listening to something new they'd recommend?

Comments

• The Golden Dawn by Rochee and the Sarnos. Just brilliant.
  • Mystery Jets - Twenty One
  • Portishead were quality last night, genius stuff. The album is amazing as well.
  • Algarve I know (knew) Rob Glazebrook out of Rochee and The Sarnos (The Banker). Also, was Gary Leaver the singer as I used to go to school with him. ( He might have been in another group with Rob.
  • Check out Fanatastic Playground by New Young Pony Club, 80's sounding New Rave coolness. Couldn't get Portishead tickets as my server died only to rise like a Pheonix from the flames pretty much as soon as they had sold out:(
  • Just bought Ashford and Simpsons: The Warner Bros. Years: Hits, Remixes & Rarities ... absolute corker of an album.

It's surprising how many "tunes" they have done ...
  • Algarve see my post above, what do you know about Rochee and The Sarnos?
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Algarve I know (knew) Rob Glazebrook out of Rochee and The Sarnos (The Banker). Also, was Gary Leaver the singer as I used to go to school with him. ( He might have been in another group with Rob.

I would have bet everything I have on no-one on here having the vaguest idea what I was talking about! Yes Gary is the singer, and 22 years after the first album the new one is out, and it really is brilliant. Check out the website -

http://www.rocheeandthesarnos.co.uk/

I will PM you.
  • Lucky Soul last night at the Astoria 2 were bloody great. Really liking the new REM album and the Sons & Daughters album (no gags about Aussie soaps please). Agreed over New Young Pony Club, one of last year's best albums.

Can't wait for The Last Shadow Puppets' album (matey from Arctic Monkeys' side project) which sounds like it'll be great.

And the Stepfather of Soul podcast's been keeping me sane on the past couple of morning trains to town.
  • A couple of albums but unless your a metal head or like stoner rock type things no need to read any further.

Saviours-Into Abbadon
    The Sword-Gods of the Earth

I've seen both bands live they are very good indeed.

Off to see Trouble at Dingwalls on Sunday
  • Sponsored links:

• Nick Lowe - The Jesus of Cool reissue from 1978 - excellent

The new Spiritualised LP - Songs in A&E - my favourite of 2008 so far.
  • Late of The Pier well worth a listen and Elle Millano bothe good english bands at the moment
    download the demos here
    http://www.zshare.net/download/84087380feea/ =Late of the Pier Demo
    http://thisiseds.blogspot.com/2008/03/super-rare-elle-milano.html =Elle Milano Demos
  • Welcome to the site Curbey
  • I've just bought Queen's Sheer Heart Attack - TCE might want to listen to it whilst he is doing his half marathon ;o)
  • Off to see nick cave in a couple of weeks, all standin so should be full on loud n sweaty nick cave rather then the laid back slower one. Just been listenin to the new sun kil moon album which after a few listens is brill. wathchin bjork next week followed by a wolverhamton curry . just need a win tomorrow n the next two weeks will be good.