Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manchester City - Guardiola confirmed

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Terry Henry tells a good story about Pep during his time at Barca, Henry was given strict instructions of how and where to play but he wasn't happy and wanted more freedom so he took it on himself to play in his own way, scored and was unceremoniously subbed at half-time!
  • Could be very interesting next year - Pep, Arsene, Klopp, new manager at Chelsea, and... Giggs.

Bad luck United fans!
  • edited February 2016

Could be very interesting next year - Pep, Arsene, Klopp, new manager at Chelsea, and... Giggs.

Bad luck United fans!

How about

Pep-City
    Jose-United
    Pellegrini-Chelsea

Then who do arsenal get should Wenger step down(which I think he will if arsenal win the league) Rafa maybe
  • If United were going for Mourinho I think they'd have done so before Jan to try to get top 4 this year.
  • And Arsenal would never go for Benitez.
  • Pep who?

Move on
  • Wouldn't be suprised to see:

Guardiola to Man City
    Mourinho to Man Utd
    Pellegrini to Chelsea
  • Could be very interesting next year - Pep, Arsene, Klopp, new manager at Chelsea, and... Giggs.

Bad luck United fans!

How about

Pep-City
    Jose-United
    Pellegrini-Chelsea

Then who do arsenal get should Wenger step down(which I think he will if arsenal win the league) Rafa maybe

Wouldn't be suprised to see:

Guardiola to Man City
    Mourinho to Man Utd
    Pellegrini to Chelsea

Fuck, I just agreed with @paulie8290 :smile:
    Haha join my madness
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be great to have...

Arsenal: Wenger / Chelsea: Simeone / Liverpool: Klopp / Man City: Guardiola / Man Utd: Mourinho
  • edited February 2016

Would be great to have...

Arsenal: Wenger / Chelsea: Simeone / Liverpool: Klopp / Man City: Guardiola / Man Utd: Mourinho

I am still calling this as Wenger's last year, maybe a fight between Chelsea and Arsenal for Simeone
  • Would be great to have...

I am still calling this as Wenger's last year, maybe a fight between Chelsea and arsenal for simone
    Difficult one to call... Wenger usually gives no indication about his future or anything so would come out of the blue I reckon, he'd certainly be the last of the silver foxes still going, compared to the four youngsters at the other clubs (i.e. Mourinho would be the next oldest at 53)
  • Sadly Liverpool will be strong contenders next season once Klopp gets the chance to really start building his team IMO, Simeone coming in would be interesting as I think he is a much better manager then Guardiola as while yes Guardiola has won lots of trophies so over rated may be a tad harsh, not convinced he has ever really built a team like other great managers have had to do.
  • edited February 2016

Would be great to have...

Arsenal: Powell / Chelsea: Luzon / Liverpool: Peeters / Man City: Fraeye / Man Utd: Riga

This would be more entertaining.
  • Pep to City was the plan as soon as Man City signed Begiristain as director of football.

He is the reason its been talked about for so long (2nd only to Charlton and Darren Purse) and he is the reason its happened imo. Along with the CEO ex Barca too
  • Wonder what sort of money he can have for new players?.
  • Wouldn't be suprised to see:

Guardiola to Man City
    Mourinho to Man Utd
    Pellegrini to Chelsea

Cheers Colin
  • Mourinho will not be going to Utd as long as Sir Bobby is still there. That is a locked-on FACT.
  • Another one we miss out on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cue endless rumours about the players potentially following Pep to City..
  • So he inherits the best team in the world and has unlimited resource. Moves to Munich who were already the only competitive German team and now has unlimited supplies at Man City. Carol fry could have won those leagues with that squad.....ok, maybe not!! What Eddie Howe has done at Bournemouth is more impressive
  • Toughest challenge he's yet faced. Not experienced the close scrutiny and invasive British press. Huge expectation. Will be facinating.
  • So Pep may miss out on CL football if Utd win their final two games.

Wonder if he'll sack it off and opt for a proper challenge in SE7 next season?

Hilarious. Kind of hoping it happens.

Means no CL for big spending City, and that all the United fans will most likely be stuck with Van Gaal for at least another season.
  • I did think that announcing a new manager so early was a strange thing to do. It seems to have backfired on them.

Hilarious. Kind of hoping it happens.

Means no CL for big spending City, and that all the United fans will most likely be stuck with Van Gaal for at least another season.
    Hope United win both games for those exact 2 reasons.
    Will be brilliant.
  • Maybe he has a clause in his contract saying he doesn't have to if Citeh don't make CL? That would be even funnier!
  • I did think that announcing a new manager so early was a strange thing to do. It seems to have backfired on them.

They were in bad form even before the announcement. Don't underestimate the points lost when De Bruyne was injured.
  • edited May 2016
    I had Guardiola once after a trip to India. Smelly poo and wind for weeks.