Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Gold

what's happening with regards to Valley Gold... Been told no longer going to 'fund' the club? Can't find any information on this or is it just too late in the day, I'm tired and I've missed it?

Comments

• Second page half way down
  • They are withholding their contribution until later in the year.

Statement here

http://www.valleygold.org.uk/valley-gold-statement/
  • Okay, stupid as ever, but.....

"However, the supporters’ representatives felt that they could not overlook the concerns raised, and indicated that they would not consider any further major donations to the football club until later on in the year.

The Charlton Club committee would like to assure members that we have your interests in mind at all times.

Regards,

Matt Baker – Chair of Charlton Club, on behalf of the Management Committee"

....to me, doesn't say that it was anything was agreed.

5 people on the board, "they" however, the supporters’ (2) representatives "indicated that they would not consider any further major donations to the football club until later on in the year".

So, what did the other 3 agree on ?
  • Okay, stupid as ever, but.....

"However, the supporters’ representatives felt that they could not overlook the concerns raised, and indicated that they would not consider any further major donations to the football club until later on in the year.

The Charlton Club committee would like to assure members that we have your interests in mind at all times.

Regards,

Matt Baker – Chair of Charlton Club, on behalf of the Management Committee"

....to me, doesn't say that it was anything was agreed.

5 people on the board, "they" however, the supporters’ (2) representatives "indicated that they would not consider any further major donations to the football club until later on in the year".

So, what did the other 3 agree on ?

I've explained this already. The chair holds a casting vote, but would never vote with the club if the supporter reps voted against a donation. Actually he would practically seek those decisions to be unanimous.

Therefore the supporter reps hold the power when it comes to donations.
  • Thanks Rik, but, still not sure if "we" are withholding funds indefinitely or making a payment in 5 months ?
  • I'm a Valley Gold member and no one has canvassed my opinion on whether to withhold funds or not, so how can these people be badged as "supporters representatives". Neither have I received anything from Valley Gold on this decision, yet I get the regular emails detailing the winners,etc. We are currently complaining about poor communication from the club, let's get our own house in order here.

I've never recieved a single thing regarding Valley Gold, wether that be news on what the money is doing or winners of the draw so I'm not surprised we wasn't asked.

I'm a Valley Gold member and no one has canvassed my opinion on whether to withhold funds or not, so how can these people be badged as "supporters representatives". Neither have I received anything from Valley Gold on this decision, yet I get the regular emails detailing the winners,etc. We are currently complaining about poor communication from the club, let's get our own house in order here.

As mentioned on previous threads unless there is a meeting or consultation with all members the committee will never be in a position to guage the opinions of the membership.
  • Sponsored links:

• So will VG be making a donation to the club on June 2016? Yes or no

The statement is what we're saying on the matter. Others have understood it.
  • rikofold said:

So will VG be making a donation to the club on June 2016? Yes or no

The statement is what we're saying on the matter. Others have understood it.
    It's a reasonable question from a member. why won't you give a straight answer?

I ask again, will VG be making the planned payment to the football club in June 2016, yes or no?
  • To be fair Rik, it's a fair question.

The statement says:

However, the supporters’ representatives felt that they could not overlook the concerns raised, and indicated that they would not consider any further major donations to the football club until later on in the year.

That could mean payment will be made in June .... which, as you know, many of us do not want.
  • edited January 2016
    stonemuse said:

To be fair Rik, it's a fair question.

The statement says:

However, the supporters’ representatives felt that they could not overlook the concerns raised, and indicated that they would not consider any further major donations to the football club until later on in the year.

That could mean payment will be made in June .... which, as you know, many of us do not want.

It is a fair question and the longer Rich avoids it the more it seems that the answer is not one that you or I would like.

That could be easily and quickly disproved by @rikofold giving a direct answer.

We know he opposed the idea of withholding a payment in June and argued against it.
  • So will VG be making a donation to the club on June 2016? Yes or no

Rik
    the VG statement is not clear so please be open and honest - yes or no to Henry's question.
  • edited January 2016

stonemuse said:

The statement says:

It is a fair question and the longer Rich avoids it the more it seems that the answer is not one that you or I would like.

We know he opposed the idea of withholding a payment in June and argued against it.
    I'm not avoiding the question, but the committee agreed a statement and it's not for me to make my own variation.

What I will say is what Sharron has already said to you Henry - that it's reasonable to assume we're talking about the second half of the year. Make of that what you will, but as I say most people seem to have understood what the statement is saying.

I'm not the enemy, try not to forget that everyone, but I am constrained by my role.
  • edited January 2016

stonemuse said:

The statement says:

I believe the next large payment is due in June & I have to say the above could easily mean, that payment will be made, as on my calendar, June is most definitely later on in the year.

The unwillingness of the committee, to speak the plain truth, appears to be rubbing off from Meire.

The Valley Gold situation appears to be as bizarre as the club's.

Even stranger considering Rikofold has rightly been saying, that a lack of honest communication, leads to a lack of trust.

Rikofold, which hat are you wearing here ?

Valley Gold's, The Trust's, your own or Katrien's ?
    :smile:
    Well to be frank that should be bloody obvious. I'm Katrien's biggest fan, as we know from the Fans' Meeting...
  • I don't think you are being treated as the enemy ... it's an honest question.

If most people have understood it, then I must be bloody thick because I still don't see a straight answer.
  • Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:

stonemuse said:

The statement says:

I'm not avoiding the question, but the committee agreed a statement and it's not for me to make my own variation.

What I will say is what Sharron has already said to you Henry - that it's reasonable to assume we're talking about the second half of the year. Make of that what you will, but as I say most people seem to have understood what the statement is saying.

I'm not the enemy, try not to forget that everyone, but I am constrained by my role.
    But Sharon isn't a committee member, you are and I don't want to assume incorrectly.

Answer the question.
  • As said.
    I first asked about VG money weeks ago.
    Still want to know, Is my money going to RD or not.
    Simple question.
    Just want a simple Yes or No answer.
  • Perhaps people could just read what @Missed It said above and "move on"?
  • Sod it, cancelling now.
    If, after 17 days I can't get a simple answer to a simple question, why bother.

Sorry Weegie, but no.
    Are "we" giving money to RD or not ?
  • Sod it, cancelling now.
    If, after 17 days I can't get a simple answer to a simple question, why bother.

Mmm it is rather frustrating ...looking like I may need to do the same.

Straight answer and I stay until June, it's all I ask for.
  • rikofold said:

stonemuse said:

The statement says:

But Sharon isn't a committee member, you are and I don't want to assume incorrectly.

Answer the question.
    You have no right to demand something of me you know very well I'm not free to say. The Committee agreed a statement, make of it what you will. I've said all I'm going to say on it, and if you really haven't worked it out by now then you've gone down in my estimation Mr Irving.

But you know exactly what the situation is and are just making the usual mischief.

No, I'd rather have a straight answer to a straight question.

What Missed it said was "....It's clear that Ms Meire has been put on warning and the threat of withholding funds has been made."

So are you saying Missed it correct and it is only a threat to with hold funds?

Because that would mean that funds will be paid in June unless the CEO takes some unspecified action. Do you know what the threat is and what the conditions placed on it are?
  • Missed It said:

As a Valley Gold subscriber (contemplating cancellation) I can understand why the statement was made in the way it was. It's a joint statement from a committee whose members have two utterly opposing views, it has to walk a careful middle ground by definition. It's clear that Ms Meire has been put on warning and the threat of withholding funds has been made. For now, the threat is sufficient. Unfortunately, there is no good option of action available that will not endanger the existence of the scheme itself.

For my money, Rikofold has done alright in a very difficult situation.

You have an excellent grasp of the situation, thank you.

I'm out.