Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stephen Andersen signs for Leeds

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
Good luck Steph, just didn't work out with us.

2-3 years down the line though i think he has the makings of being a top goalie, but he doesn't deserve at present the porsche he currently drives !

Comments

• Is this a sale or a loan? From the tone of what you write it seems like a sale, but the BBC are reporting it as a loan.
  • It's a loan for the season according to the O/S.
  • my apologies, season long loan.

Walton also extended to january
  • No probs, just thought there was some discrepancy. I'm happy with a loan we only have Carson for a year, Myhre is getting to the too long in the tooth category, Elloit & Randolph are perhaps too young so giving Andersen regular first team action is the best solution.
  • Should be enough to keep him happy and if he manages to improve enough then we'll have him back. Good all round!
  • edited September 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] but he doesn't deserve at present the porsche he currently drives !

Porsche have a very big key- so he's less like to drop it! ;-)
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Should be enough to keep him happy and if he manages to improve enough then we'll have him back. Good all round!

My thoughts -Perfect move for all parties

Do we know if the Carson loan contains an option to buy at the end- I suspect not, and presumably he won't play against Liverpool this season
  • Carson is barred from playing against Liverpool, all loaned players are barred from playing against the club that holds their registration - an FA edict.
  • All gone pear shaped . Leeds didn't like the recall clause so he's not gone, staying with us.

on official site
  • would of thought that would of all been agreed in advance ??
  • edited September 2006
    Fer feck sake! Sort it out Millsy!

The last thing we need is a disgruntled apple in the squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• TBH- this situation is a real pain because he is a good keeper and i believe just needs matches at a lower level to give him more experience and confidence.

He has to be mature about this or face training with the youngsters. maybe he should read the bit in Curbs' book about just knuckling down to training!
  • I thought league teams could still bring in loans for another week. Is that not true?

If true then still time for SA to go on loan somewhere.
  • SA was going under the same conditions that Liverpool lent Carson to us, that is an immediate recall. As we only have two senior goalkeepers in Myhre and Carson this looks a sensible precaution, especially if Carson get's summoned at short notice back to Anfield. Tough that Leeds and SA don't like it, but why compromise our team to keep him happy? Liverpool have put that clause in to protect themselves and I don't see why we shouldn't, anything else would be bad business.