Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lookman rumours

Seems worthy of his own thread as the world and his wife seem to be after him. Spurs the latest

Comments

• better than the Nigels, so glad we are not selling our young stars too early any more!
  • It wouldn't be a bad move, we'd lose him at the end of the season anyway when we get relegated.
  • At least at Spurs he would get the opportunity to play, so I would prefer it to other clubs especially if he is loaned back for the season. BUT don't sell him for peanuts/undisclosed
  • Guess he'd suit their style as Spurs play quite narrow under Pochettino so he wouldnt be stuck out on the wing

Think it would help him playing alongside Harry Kane as well, and Spurs seems to stick to their word of loaning the said player back to the original club as its what they did with Alli
  • can I be the first to say

"Now he's been sold to Spurs he gone all big time and isn't putting the effort in on loan for us"

: - )

Yep
  • can I be the first to say

"Now he's been sold to Spurs he gone all big time and isn't putting the effort in on loan for us"

: - )

You of all people Henners, even in jest, WIIOTOS :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he'd prefer to go to a big club rather than Tottenham..........
  • Guess he'd suit their style as Spurs play quite narrow under Pochettino so he wouldnt be stuck out on the wing

Think it would help him playing alongside Harry Kane as well, and Spurs seems to stick to their word of loaning the said player back to the original club as its what they did with Alli

Spurs don't want him for their first team. They like all the others see him as a cheap punt that might pay off. If and I doubt he will get anywhere near their starting eleven it will be in three maybe four years.

Did you think the same with Dele Alli?
  • edited January 2016

Guess he'd suit their style as Spurs play quite narrow under Pochettino so he wouldnt be stuck out on the wing

Spurs don't want him for their first team. They like all the others see him as a cheap punt that might pay off. If and I doubt he will get anywhere near their starting eleven it will be in three maybe four years.

Or John Bostock . .??
  • edited January 2016
    Loan back would be the best option as even if he doesn't go now, he'll quite likely be gone in the summer anyway.

Should also try and insert a clause that if they look at him on their pre season tour and decide he's not ready, then we get first choice on another 6 month loan.
  • edited January 2016
    cafc999 said:

Guess he'd suit their style as Spurs play quite narrow under Pochettino so he wouldnt be stuck out on the wing

Or John Bostock . .??
    So quite simply... If the player they're signing is good enough they'll go into the Squad

I guess we could say that none of us expected to see Joe Gomez playing for Liverpool straight away either
  • Any estimates on how much? Young promising English striker? 5-6 mil?
  • Judging it on the Gray transfer, plus RD's transfer history, I would say that was ambitious.
  • loan him back? so not only do we get west ham rejects we now get Tottenham rejects as well. never mind the Pune City has beens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still on a long contract. A real test for RD's nerve. Has he got the bottle to hang on to a player and wait for the price to go up. He says that this his plan. Lets see.
  • Tottenham now give young players a chance. We should be trying to get the best deal we can for US. A large fee and a loan back to us for the rest of the season would be preferable. Personally I don't care which club he joins once he is gone he is gone. I would just like us to try a bit harder to keep hold of our best young players and not flog them at the first opportunity.
  • Putting aside the potential disappointment of Lookman going, I think Spurs would actually be a good option for him. Pochettino is very willing to bring through young players, as seen at both Southampton and Spurs, and I think he'd actually get a chance there.
  • Pretty depressing stuff bringing through young players. 5 good games and there off to sit in the reserves of the top 6

Isnt really one of our young players though is he?
  • I can't get too worked up over the inevitable to be honest, we've only seen glimpses of him so it's not as if there has been a big love in with the player to get all upset about.

Granted he has been a breath of fresh air and has stepped into the void left by Igor and then TWWW. It would be nice to have enjoyed watching him develop and contribute to the cause over a decent period but that wasn't ever likely to happen under this crazy regime and the future holds much of the same if we don't get them out.

When he goes, getting him back on loan immediately is the best outcome we could wish for. You can understand why clubs would be reluctant to do it having shelled out a decent fee and that player suffering a serious injury whilst on loan before being able to nurture him. Manure took a gamble and did it with Zaha and It was thought Liverpool might do it with Gomez but that never materialised, here's hoping on this occasion.
  • Pretty depressing stuff bringing through young players. 5 good games and there off to sit in the reserves of the top 6

Well we hardly brought him through, we only found him a year and a half ago. Indeed 6 months ago, how many of us had even heard of him?

• Judging it on the Gray transfer, plus RD's transfer history, I would say that was ambitious.

Gray had a release clause though, i'm not sure Lookman does?
  • edited January 2016
    Addicted said:

Any estimates on how much? Young promising English striker? 5-6 mil?

LOL! You're right about the fee, of course, but this is Charlton under the RD regime we are talking about. Probably be happy to take £800k up front and another £700k in add-ons when he plays 300 games for THFC and wins 75 England Cups.
  • The club signing him up to a huge deal and a going nowhere statement would be far more significant than any other deals we may do this month.
    Would really show we've made a dent.

Would Roland do it?