Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Lennon

Harry Lennon has agreed a new deal which will keep him at The Valley until the summer of 2018.Courtesy of Ketts.

Comments

• Was he doing well at Gillingham? Have to admit I know very little about him.
  • edited December 2015
    The following is an extract from his wiki entry .. I was at both games .. Donny was where Lawrie Wilson was sent off and we were massacred by the Rovers after a great win at Huddersfield .. 'Lennon made his first team debut for Charlton Athletic in the 1–0 FA Cup fourth round away win against Huddersfield Town, where he came on as a substitute for Cedric Evina in the first half.[5] His performance left the away Charlton's supporters very impressed.[6] After this, Lennon made his league debut for the club on 28 January 2014, however he could not prevent Charlton losing 3–0 to Doncaster Rovers'

He was left out after that game as I recall and replaced by Fox (EDIT.. He played these games at left back) , which surprised me. My impression of Lennon ? .. he appears to be unruffled, he's tall and good in the air, he's quite quick and can see and make a pass alright, he perhaps lacks a little bit of 'dog' .. BUT .. that after seeing him in two or three games .. I think he'll do well with a more aggressive partner, someone like Bauer . as ever .. we will see

Yes, apparently doing well (better than Sarr).
  • Good news.

Well done Harry and we'll done the lap top recruiters. Found a star at an obscure club and snapped him up.

I watched him at Chesterfield Earlier in the season. He looked the best defender on the pitch./
  • Thought he coped really well yesterday. Leeds quite a handful up front but he look composed . Well played Harry.
  • Had a good game. He tracked runs rather than trying to push up and play off-side. He also got in first and won a lot of headers. On the downside, he looks slightly injury-prone. Twice he was down (once in our own penalty area when there didn't appear much wrong with him!). He ought to keep his place when Bauer is back.
  • edited December 2015
    Saw him when he first broke into the team away at Udders and Donny season before last and in a few U21 games and was a little worried about him not progressing. His loan spells at lower league Cambridge and Gillingham have clearly helped and although I wasn't there yesterday, it sounds as if he acquitted himself well so well done Arry boy, very pleased for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never seen him play before and was impressed much better than Sarr
  • His dad Andy was quite handy to. Played for the Man of Kent Eltham.
  • Simonsen said:

Had a good game. He tracked runs rather than trying to push up and play off-side. He also got in first and won a lot of headers. On the downside, he looks slightly injury-prone. Twice he was down (once in our own penalty area when there didn't appear much wrong with him!). He ought to keep his place when Bauer is back.

Got cramp... Understandable really when he hasn't played that long in a Championship paced match yesterday as wasnt played at a slow tempo in the second half
  • shirty5 said:

Solid performance from young Lennon yesterday. A consistent run of games with performances like yesterday's will show that what a waste of £1.8m was spent on Sarr.

This is the thing though... People want us to spend money on players but in a lot of cases... the talent is already here at the Valley in the Academy
  • Impressed. Very cool, calm and unruffled. Nothing spectacular but that's no bad thing from a centre back.
    Once the BFG is back from suspension Diarra can go back to midfield and Sarr will have a problem dislodging Lennon from the other centre back position IMO.
  • shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Solid performance from young Lennon yesterday. A consistent run of games with performances like yesterday's will show that what a waste of £1.8m was spent on Sarr.

This is the thing though... People want us to spend money on players but in a lot of cases... the talent is already here at the Valley in the Academy
    Spend money yes, but not on rubbish like Sarr, Bergdich, Lepoint, Nego, Parzyszek. Our CEO bangs on about spending £9m on players but most of that £9m has been spent on crap.

And how much has come from sales £3.5 to £5.5m from Gomez depending on what source you believe.

£750k for Wiggins, £400k for Yann, £400k for Stephens, £400k for Poyet (all rumoured but not confirmed) plus a few others.

And how much spent on players from Roland's other clubs ie Nego, Reza, Markovic and on loans?
  • It's all a smokescreen
  • I was impressed with his calmness yesterday, he looked far more composed than Sarr.

It all got quite frantic at the end, with a few poor defensive decisions made. It was hard to see who was at fault for this
  • He played well. He's much better than Sarr.

Sarr reminds me of old McCarthy's moniker, "bombscare".

I'd still rather get in an established prove centre half to play alongside Bauer.

Someone like Michael Morrison or Ben Haim :-(

• Sponsored links:

• Really liked the look of him. Wasn't expecting much really considering he has 'been around' a while with us but never really played. Reminded me a little bit of Michael Morrison in his style.
  • I was impressed with him yesterday. I thought he had a great game.

I remember him coming on to play LB when Wiggins was injured at Wigan just before Powell was sacked. That was the game that Reza and Nego made their debuts too.

I'm very pleased that he has signed a new deal. I can see him in the centre of our defence for a few years. He is clearly good enough now and he will only get better.

Another really good Academy product, all be it one that has nothing to do with the current owners.
  • 3 years ago, i was told when watching the very successful team under Nathan Jones that won every thing they went in for that season, Pope,Pigott,Cousins,
    Fox, Jordon, Osbourne,Harriott(when not in 1st team) Smith, Poyet ETC that the 3 best players in the Academy were the next age group of THD, Lennon and the best of the lot was a 15 year old kid called Joe Gomez.
    As this was spoken by one of the dad's of the winning U21 team, each time i have seen the 3 mentioned, i was impressed. The only game i have seen Harry Lennon struggle was when he played LB instead of THD, who was out on loan at Plymouth at the time.
  • Gomez he's not, but that's not at all the same as being bad. He doesn't look like he's going to be a Premiership quality defender but definitely good enough to establish himself in this side... and the last player I said that about was Jenkinson so what do I know?
  • Harry Lennon: “All I ever wanted to do was to play for Charlton’s first-team, week in week out, so I’m really pleased,” he said.

Just what you want to hear from a Charlton player - and so rarely do.
  • "But Katrien and my agent are willing to listen to any undisclosed fees from proper football clubs...."
  • i dont really rate lennon and cant see why we would do this unless to try and get a small fee for him.
  • i dont really rate lennon and cant see why we would do this unless to try and get a small fee for him.

Someone has to play the cup games, to give the first team a rest :smile: