Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Piggott

I just saw Joe down the gym. He says he's enjoying playing for Southend and doesn't know about next season yet. He promised to play extra good against M******l on Tuesday.

Comments

• He did quite well last time he played them.
  • cblock said:

He did quite well last time he played them.

Relative to the average Charlton player performance against Millwall, he pretty just had to find a shot on goal to justify that statement.
  • He played at the den ,in Southend's 2-0 win for his last game against them :-)
  • Ah that explains that! Thought you were being a bit overly-positive!!
  • gone to luton til the end of the season.

Think that's him done here, isn't his contract up at the end of the season?

Feel sorry for him, from what I gather he's a nice lad. Unfortunately, as I mentioned after the Bromley match, it's sad that he hasn't seemed to progress really.

I know it was only the Kent Senior Cup and he was in the U21 squad, but I really wasn't impressed. I had high hopes for him after hearing what the coaching staff had to say about him, and during the Welling pre-season match a couple of years ago he looked very sharp. Hopefully he can kick on elsewhere and perhaps do a Lawrie Wilson starting from the lower leagues. A fresh start may be best for him.
  • just realised the other day i went to school with his missus. Very nice private school bird!

I'd imagine Nathan Jones will know enough about Piggott to sign him on a permanent deal in may.
  • Pity but never gonna make it in Championship... mind you we could use him in Div 1next year!
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice kid, but just not quite good enough. Hope he does well and has a good career. No shame in making a living as a League One or League Two player. Good Luck to him.
  • Just sad really... He scored the goal that pretty much sent Southend into League One... You'd have hoped that he'd have kicked on from that with them in League One yet he's gone backwards and is now playing for a side struggling in League Two
  • Nice kid, but just not quite good enough. Hope he does well and has a good career. No shame in making a living as a League One or League Two player. Good Luck to him.

No better example of this than Scott McGleish:

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    1993–1994 Edgware Town 36 (32)
    1994–1995 Charlton Athletic 6 (0)
    1994 → Leyton Orient (loan) 6 (1)
    1995–1996 Peterborough United 13 (0)
    1996 → Colchester United (loan) 15 (6)
    1996 → Cambridge United (loan) 10 (7)
    1996–1997 Leyton Orient 36 (7)
    1997–2001 Barnet 134 (37)
    2001–2004 Colchester United 144 (38)
    2004–2007 Northampton Town 111 (42)
    2007–2009 Wycombe Wanderers 75 (34)
    2008–2009 → Northampton Town (loan) 9 (1)
    2009 → Leyton Orient (loan) 16 (5)
    2009–2011 Leyton Orient 81 (24)
    2011–2012 Bristol Rovers 27 (7)
    2012 → Barnet (loan) 9 (0)
    2012 Whitehawk 6 (3)
    2012 Chesham United 7 (1)
    2013 Enfield Town 13 (12)
    2013– Wealdstone 101 (44
  • edited January 2016
    Good luck Joe, don't think you 'had the tub of the green' here at Charlton and I'm sorry to see you go, but I'm confident teaming up with Nathan Jones again, you will get your opportunity and game time and come blazing back, Smash it Joe
  • Stone said:

Nice kid, but just not quite good enough. Hope he does well and has a good career. No shame in making a living as a League One or League Two player. Good Luck to him.

No better example of this than Scott McGleish:

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    1993–1994 Edgware Town 36 (32)
    1994–1995 Charlton Athletic 6 (0)
    1994 → Leyton Orient (loan) 6 (1)
    1995–1996 Peterborough United 13 (0)
    1996 → Colchester United (loan) 15 (6)
    1996 → Cambridge United (loan) 10 (7)
    1996–1997 Leyton Orient 36 (7)
    1997–2001 Barnet 134 (37)
    2001–2004 Colchester United 144 (38)
    2004–2007 Northampton Town 111 (42)
    2007–2009 Wycombe Wanderers 75 (34)
    2008–2009 → Northampton Town (loan) 9 (1)
    2009 → Leyton Orient (loan) 16 (5)
    2009–2011 Leyton Orient 81 (24)
    2011–2012 Bristol Rovers 27 (7)
    2012 → Barnet (loan) 9 (0)
    2012 Whitehawk 6 (3)
    2012 Chesham United 7 (1)
    2013 Enfield Town 13 (12)
    2013– Wealdstone 101 (44
    Saw Scott McGleish playing for Wealdstone v Hendon in a friendly this season. Did a good job at centre-back!
  • I wish him all the best. Saw him a couple of time at Southend and I think he definitely looked good enough for League One - and will probably bang goals in left, right and centre at Luton. Honestly, I hope he stays with us, because if we do go down to League One, he will be the sort of experienced striker at that level we will desperately need.

Knowing our board and CEO though....you'll probably find his contract runs out at the end of this season just as we get relegated and need him, and he'll walk away to a new club for nothing!
  • braydex said:

I wish him all the best. Saw him a couple of time at Southend and I think he definitely looked good enough for League One - and will probably bang goals in left, right and centre at Luton. Honestly, I hope he stays with us, because if we do go down to League One, he will be the sort of experienced striker at that level we will desperately need.

Knowing our board and CEO though....you'll probably find his contract runs out at the end of this season just as we get relegated and need him, and he'll walk away to a new club for nothing!

Yes it does
  • Good luck Joe.
  • Think Nathan Jones will get the best out of him. Assume he would have had offers from League One clubs so maybe he chose to drop another level to play for Nathan Jones again. The occasional time I saw him I thought he was technically very good and with an excellent shot. His trouble was his size meant people kicked the ball at him like a target man but he was as good in the air as Makinok and had similar pace to, errr, Makinok!
  • On the bench tonight for Cambridge United. On BT Sport 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

On the bench tonight for Cambridge United. On BT Sport 2.

Met him a couple of times and he's a really nice guy. His brother is 6 foot 7 so when I'm with them i all ways say how much I rated him: )
  • cafc-west said:

On the bench tonight for Cambridge United. On BT Sport 2.

His career is really going backwards, no league goals yet this season, the National league beckons :-(
  • Coincidence this thread popped up just before Millwall @ home .

Yep, i wonder how many others know what you are referring to

Im wondering now if I know, what you think, others may not know.

Im wondering now if I know, what you think, others may not know.
    Home debut. Or am I completely wrong
  • Ha, one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed...running the ball out of play at 2 miles an hour with not another player in sight.

Dreadful managerial decision to put him out against Millwall. Was nowhere near ready for the pressure of that.
  • cafc-west said:

Coincidence this thread popped up just before Millwall @ home .

Dreadful managerial decision to put him out against Millwall. Was nowhere near ready for the pressure of that.
    I agree and it ruined his confidence that's for sure
  • He's L2 at best, but I've probably upset the masses by saying that, as he's proper Charlton & always gave his best.