Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cookie boy

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
I thought Cook looked a handful during his short spell on the park. Like to see have a full 90 mins.

Comments

• I must've been watching a different game....looks like an even more lightweight Mark Robson !!
  • looked Ok to me
  • I thought he looked good as well. Be nice to see him given a full runout
  • must've just been me then...
  • He looked ok, but his first cross was awful. He had plenty of time and 3 players to aim for at the back post (mostly unmarked) and failed to get the cross more than 5ft off the floor.
  • no i'm with you Eltham - don't see it myself either.
  • those poofy feckin gloves sort it out.
  • Im with Eltham and Ledge on this, he looked like a little boy and apart from a couple of crosses was almost as anonymous as Ambrose was in the first.
  • I rate him above Thomas and Ambrose.

His run and shot towards the end would have been our goal of the season if it hadn't just whistled past the post, much better than most of our long range shooting lately. Plus his delivery from the free-kick just inside the Wolves half caused their defence all sorts of problems, something else which we've lacked of late.

As far as his crossing goes, not every one was on the money but some of them were good crosses. He was always looking to get the ball into the box early, whereas Thomas likes to beat his man for a 2nd time before crossing, which normally allows defenders to get into position. The one time Thomas didn't do that on Saturday he set our first goal up. And as for Ambrose, I think there are enough threads on him already.
  • cook came on?
  • Sponsored links:

• .....I agree about the gloves!
  • I thought he was a poor subsititution by an increasingly desperate manager.

It's never easy to come on when the team is struggling, but i thought he was pretty poor at giving us any width, looked a better player when he picked the ball up in the middle of the pitch. His set piece delivery was awful, and he didn't put the ball into the box once of any note.

The Fullback had an easy ride as Cook looked to get to the byline and cross it back, so easy to defend against unless he's blessed with amazing pace. People moan about Thomas beating his full back twice, but he can cut back on his right or hit the touchline. Was our only attacking threat as opposed to a 60 yard hoof
  • His crossing was crap, should be a must for a winger surely??????????
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]I thought he was a poor subsititution by an increasingly desperate manager.
    Nothing to do with Thomas being injuried?
  • Dunno was he? Looked alright to me, but i'll bow to your knowledge.
  • I didnt see this Thomas injury.

Did he start limping before or after his number appeared.

Yep he has been better in recent games but I would get rid of him asap.
  • Does the team only have one pair of gloves to go round ?

Thomas went commando Saturday (or at least the 2nd half when I noticed)
  • JT was limping when he went off.....thought he had played well for a change up until that point. Not sure if the limp was for effect....time will tell. Gawd, we are in a shambles at the moment
  • [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]He looked ok, but his first cross was awful. He had plenty of time and 3 players to aim for at the back post (mostly unmarked) and failed to get the cross more than 5ft off the floor.

that was exactly what did it for me....he had all the time in the world plus people to aim for and he barely got it in the box !
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]those poofy feckin gloves sort it out.

Thought Jerome played well once he had his gloves off then he gets taken off. Cooke comes on with gloves on, does this indicate that we only have one pair of gloves ion the kit bag.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought we went off the boil when he came on. No disrespect to the guy, but we where looking very lively until he came on.The tempo seemed to slow after that, and we lost momentum.
  • Cookie is the new Messiah apparently..............well you'd have thought so considering how much the geezer behind us goes on when he come's on the pitch.

So much so we've nicknamed him Brian ;-)

xx
  • Paddy and Andy Gray said last night that JT had had a bout of flu last week and that he was taken off because he was exhausted.

He is apparently fit to play now.
  • JT gets bouts of "flu" all the time.