Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IF Pardew stays ...

2»

Comments

• Len - that does not look at all like a promotion challenging team to me - Weaver and Varney are the only two I'd say are really good enough consistently. That's mid-table Championship at best...
  • [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Good points OR. Maybe the pressure of getting promotion meant that rather than going for what he thought was his best team and allowing it to develop, Pards went for the chop and change, loan players, quick fix approch.

Personally I would have preferred us to not go up this season and allow a team to develop that played decent football.

The thing is that we now have neither one or the other. We haven't got a solid base of a side that could challenge next season, nor does it look likely that we will, by hook or by crook, get into the playoffs. I can't really see how we are any better off now than we were at the start of the season to be honest.
    Sounds about right BDL. Maybe the unreasonable expection is more about what we've expected from Pardew, rather than the team, maybe we're actually more disappointed in him than the team. I hadn't thought about it that way up to now - I, like others, thought Pardew was clear in his thinking about how he needed to go about this season which is why I'm so disappointed in the job that he's done.

If it is the case that he's felt the pressure and that's what's caused him to lurch from one thing to another then maybe he deserves the benefit of the doubt, just a little more humility wouldn't go amiss, and less of ludicrous statements like 'this team can go on a run whenever they need to' when it quite obviously isn't true.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Len - that does not look at all like a promotion challenging team to me - Weaver and Varney are the only two I'd say are really good enough consistently. That's mid-table Championship at best...

spot on Weegie. It looks very similar to this season's and I don't think just a centre half and a centre mid would put it right. With regard to Carsley, he's just a bald Matty Holland. We need youth, energy and drive and none of those apply to Carsley.
  • Len that is a bad first eleven and a very weak squad, would be lucky to make it out of the Ryman league
  • Len - your loyalty to Fortune is admirable!
    Personally I think he is too comfortable picking up nice wages here and needs a new challenge.
  • Like Lisbie......?

16 goals in 30 matches in a relegation doomed side.

Maybe we never gave him a chance.......?

Okay, here's the *smiley winky thing* ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    Personally I think he is too comfortable picking up nice wages here and needs a new challenge.

For Jon Fortune read Kevin Lisbie a year or two back. Surely professional pride should kick in at some point - we all know it's a relatively short career after all!
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Len - that does not look at all like a promotion challenging team to me - Weaver and Varney are the only two I'd say are really good enough consistently. That's mid-table Championship at best...

That side is realistic looking at our financial situation. There will be little money for yet more players.