Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ross Barkley

Fair play to Everton for keeping hold of him. Such a talent and could be the best midfielder we've had in this country for a generation imo .

Could have so easily spent the last two seasons rotting away on the city or Chelsea bench.

Such an important time in his development and its good to see common sense running the rule over the dollar for once.

Comments

• Good player.
    If I'm being really picky I'd like to see him lift his head and use a better placed teammate occasionally when he make those run at goal - always seems to be head down and take a punt.
  • Brilliant player
  • John Stones too - the new Sky deal is meaning clubs are more prepared to turn down more money.

Think they're both quality players, Stones is class.
  • Watched the first half of Everton's game against Villa and to be honest Villa made them almost look like Barcelona.... Very very entertaining 45 minutes and Barkley was indeed impressive. I think he's overall a much better player than he was last season. As for Stones, I read on the internet last week that Barcelona sent scouts to watch him and Vardy in the England v Spain(or France?) friendly. Not sure how long those three will stay at their respective clubs but hopefully they won't make the mistake that Scott Parker did here.
  • Watched the first half of Everton's game against Villa and to be honest Villa made them almost look like Barcelona.... Very very entertaining 45 minutes and Barkley was indeed impressive. I think he's overall a much better player than he was last season. As for Stones, I read on the internet last week that Barcelona sent scouts to watch him and Vardy in the England v Spain(or France?) friendly. Not sure how long those three will stay at their respective clubs but hopefully they won't make the mistake that Scott Parker did here.

It's really hard to see Vardy in Barcelona shirt, his style of play is completely alien to theirs.

Stones is a different matter, Barcelona aren't exactly blessed with large numbers of CBs, and he clearly is much more of a ball player than most British defenders.

If Barcelona sign Vardy I'll get his name tattooed on my shaft.
    Easy to say with a name like vardy,what if ghoochannejhad signs for them
    'Ere come the exaggerated claims from @Covered_End_Lad!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I got excited. Thought he was coming on loan.
  • Barkley is decent but Villa would make Lepoint look good.

And Vardy - love him as a player and think he's doing brilliantly but it's not like he's got bags of talent. He just wants it more than everyone else out there (you can see it in his eyes on that MOTD interview). He's a player for the English leagues and would be lost at a big European club.
  • Lol.... I wasn't implying any chance of them joining a club as big as Barcelona. (well, maybe Stones one day) Just saying that they've become very good players.

And yes Villa were very poor, especially after they conceded the first goal.
  • Barkley is a good player but not one the world will take note of. He's quite messy and still has a bit of 'Joe Cole' about him. Not at the level Yaya, Silva, Ozil etc were at his age.

Wasnt it Marcus Stewart who once took the Prem by storm and got the golden boot? In the same way, got to be careful about Vardy. He is on fire at the moment, has great movement and pace and knows how to finish. Similar player to Darren Bent except better taking players on. But he's not an all rounder and can't see him pulling it off on the world stage or being anything other than a bench player to a top side.
  • Barkley is a bit Tony Watt at times. Beats a couple of men, easy pass to a team mate in space, but tries to take on one too many and loses the ball.
  • Alot of promise just a bit too inconsistent at the moment.

Like many English talents, he had a breakthrough season, simmers down due to the hype and speculation and then comes back to perform.
  • Everton really are setting an example. I wonder how many other Premiership clubs would of cashed in on Barkley/Stones by now. They have a good chairman in Kenwright who is primarily football focussed over money.
  • Barkley wildly over rated in my book. Suprised he's getting near the England team. Too in consistent and a liability at times.
  • shit, I thought we'd signed him!

@ForeverAddickted I would certainly have to go with "Reza" !!!
  • Sponsored links:

@ForeverAddickted I would certainly have to go with "Reza" !!!
    Thought you were going to say you could have Ghoochanniejad width ways lol!
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Alot of promise just a bit too inconsistent at the moment.

As has been said the last 3 years...

• pretty shocking video doing the rounds on Twitter, no idea how to load to a post etc.

looks a lot like him getting spanked in a nightclub last night
  • pretty shocking video doing the rounds on Twitter, no idea how to load to a post etc.

looks a lot like him getting spanked in a nightclub last night

• JohnBoyUK said:

when you said spanked, I thought you meant in a completely different way. I withdraw my 'lol'.

I thought that as well, though it's more Etonians who go in for that sort of spanking than scousers
  • If that's legit, whatever Barkley said there, the bloke cold cocking him is an absolute cunt. Standing there prepping himself whilst pretending to be all matey and talking to him, with his much bigger mate behind him waiting to jump in if it goes pear-shaped. Fucking hate arseholes like that. He'll dine out on that for months now, telling everyone what a hardnut he is.

Hopefully he'll be dining on prison food. Surely he'll be caught from that CCTV footage, and others in the club?