Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

all that is wrong with the new charlton

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
jerome thomas.nothing nice about the man,one big chip on those flabby shoulders,give me keith jones or andy peake everytime.

Comments

• Thought he played well yesterday.

For the No1. problem is the idiots in the stands, a total embarassement.
  • I also felt he had a good game. For once he deserved to stay on the pitch longer.
  • [cite]Posted By: stoneroses19[/cite]I also felt he had a good game. For once he deserved to stay on the pitch longer.

seconded
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]jerome thomas.nothing nice about the man,one big chip on those flabby shoulders,give me keith jones or andy peake everytime.

Agreed.Just like Ronaldo with his step overs and shimmys.Thing is,unlike Ronaldo he's a million miles away from the 'danger zone'when he does it.Got no bottle!

Just a sh*t show poney if you ask me.
  • he dont fool me carly burn.
  • Yesterday he was fully commited, tackled well, won balls, made the first goal and it all went wrong when he went off. One of our few Prem quality players.
    Don't know the man personally but his attitude seems to have improved of late.
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Yesterday he was fully commited, tackled well, won balls, made the first goal and it all went wrong when he went off. One of our few Prem quality players.
    Don't know the man personally but his attitude seems to have improved of late.

I wonder if his attitude changing had anything to do with Lee Cook being on the bench...
  • I heard he had his nose put out of joint by the Sinclair loan. If it works, then it's good management!
  • [cite]Posted By: stoneroses19[/cite]I also felt he had a good game. For once he deserved to stay on the pitch longer.

agree, I think he had a knock when he came off
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Yesterday he was fully commited, tackled well, won balls, made the first goal and it all went wrong when he went off. One of our few Prem quality players.

Some people made their mind up on him a long time ago though, and will refuse to see anything else.

If you asked a dozen managers to pick out a couple of our players they fancied, Thomas would always be one of them.

The only justifiable criticism that can be put at him at the moment is the lack of goals, which really isn't good enough for a midfielder. I'm sure he would admit that himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• "It's hard because I've always scored a few goals every season, so it's tough when it's not happening," said Thomas.

"I think I need to get a bit higher up the pitch and in and around the box, and obviously if I keep shooting that's going to heighten my chances of getting a goal. Hopefully, that will come soon.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stoneroses19[/cite]I also felt he had a good game. For once he deserved to stay on the pitch longer.

agree, I think he had a knock when he came off

Felt we lost a lot when he went off. Was he injured?

I'm still frustrated with Thomas that is seems the only recently has he really got anywhere near where he could and should be. Whether that is Cook coming, realisation that if he wants to play in the prem he needs to start performing or maybe just a little bit more maturity I don't know or care. Just want to see him ripping teams part.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Yesterday he was fully commited, tackled well, won balls, made the first goal and it all went wrong when he went off. One of our few Prem quality players.

Some people made their mind up on him a long time ago though, and will refuse to see anything else.

If you asked a dozen managers to pick out a couple of our players they fancied, Thomas would always be one of them.

The only justifiable criticism that can be put at him at the moment is the lack of goals, which really isn't good enough for a midfielder. I'm sure he would admit that himself.

Before saturday his stats; One assist and no goals all season.
  • Should of taken Samedo off at half time moved Thomas to the right, Ambrose into the centre behind the strikers and brought Cook on the left. Our wingers would of harrassed the hell out of 'em.
  • I'm not usually his biggest fan - he incensed me last season v Wycombe and summed up all that was wrong then.

However, credit where due, he's performed better the last couple of games and put in the assist for our first on Sat.

Don't particularly agree we looked worse after he went off - thought Cook offered quite a lot too.

I do have a slight suspicion that we're seeing the effort because he is under pressure for his place, because the last two matches have been on TV, and because he has one eye on a move upwards at the end of the season. I still wouldn't be too sorry to see him go, as in the end he is nowhere near as effective as he should be considering his talent, and/or we often struggle to get the best out of him.
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]Should of taken Samedo off at half time moved Thomas to the right, Ambrose into the centre behind the strikers and brought Cook on the left. Our wingers would of harrassed the hell out of 'em.

That's exactly what I was saying at half time
  • he almost scored a beuty the other day ... nice curler just past post .....