Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FACE FACTS - PLAN FOR 2008/09

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Every one except Pardew knows it; we are not in the play-offs...so plan for next season. Bring in those who ARE staying. I expect to see at Plymouth Moouakil in place of harford (doesn't matter about his 2 goals) Youga, Basey, Varney, Sinclair etc. What have we got to lose? Nothing. Her's my team :

Weaver / Randolph

Mootuakil, Gibbs, Monteiro (or else we will never know about either of them!) Youga

Semedo

Racon (bring him back!) ZZ Basey

Varney Iwelumo

subs : Boughera Sinclair, and some of the youngsters

When fit, bring in Dickson

I rest my case>

Comments

• We are not out of it at all, still need to play our best team, and what you posted is not it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]We are not out of it at all, still need to play our best team, and what you posted is not it.

Going to Plymouth with that faint hope that it may just be possible. We really did play ok in the second half yesterday. But my head (and Pardews post match OS interview) suggest it is all over. So if we dont get 3 points at Plymouth I would agree that we start looking towards next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]We are not out of it at all, still need to play our best team, and what you posted is not it.

Why do you people do it to yourselves?
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]We are not out of it at all, still need to play our best team, and what you posted is not it.

Why do you people do it to yourselves?

Because in life there is always a chance ..........even if it's not always taken.

Far better than limply giving up.
  • Fielding a team full of "promising" youngsters getting wacked and then having a really bad end to season would be of enormous help to everyone I`m sure. Get Real !
  • edited March 2008
    Plan for 2008/2009 make a million pound profit
  • Plan for 2008/2009 - Remember why we love Charlton in the first place and stop booing !
  • edited March 2008
    people do what they want mate,if them pricks cant win a game,then they should be able to take booing at the least,i dont love charlton no where near as much as i did,i have nothing in common with them that parade in a red shirt ,i heard they were giggling and joking not long after the blackpool game at theres,they DONT GIVE A SHIT.
  • Why do you bother going nolly...Serious question ?
  • >>>i dont love charlton no where near as much as i did,i have nothing in common with them cunts that parade in a red shirt ,i heard they were giggling and joking not long after the blackpool game at theres,they DONT GIVE A SHIT.

More or less totally agree with that. The gulf in passion between the people at our club at the moment and say 5 years ago is staggering.

I think most know deep down what a mess CAFC is in, but at the end of the day, have ST's, invest a lot of their life in Charlton (more than the players that's for sure) and we're all CHARLTON TILL WE DIE, so the reality is a bit hard to bear. My personal take anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2008
    WHAT ARE YOU GOING ON ABOUT? so in your world we just smile and be happy and be happy with our lot,however bad,sorry i dont boo but if someone feels an emotion then crack on,been going since i was a little kid,so who are you do give me a smarmy question.
  • Lots of us have been going since we were kids. You seem to hate it so much I wonder why you bother. Not having a pop just curious. If I felt as bitter and disallusioned as you come across then I wouldn`t bother going.
  • hang on a minute,theres been tons of people barracking that shite lately,i wonder why people like you go,as you seem quite happy to watch any kind of crap and still be happy,i find that very strange,your not curious your having a pop.
  • in your world is everything charlton great? is les reed great? serious question not having a pop like.
  • Nobody thinks it s great Nolls ,but weve been through a lot worse (losing our ground ,nearly going bust etc) Kinda puts things into perspective mate.I dont think Guru was having a pop ,just saying that if he felt as badly about it as you, he wouldnt go any more.I wouldnt either.
  • I am amazed that Moo2 isn't playing, he certainly should be now, playing our "best" team hasn't done much good in recent months. And Lita may have found the net, but give me our Luke Varney any day please.
  • [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]Nobody thinks it s great Nolls ,but weve been through a lot worse (losing our ground ,nearly going bust etc) Kinda puts things into perspective mate.I dont think Guru was having a pop ,just saying that if he felt as badly about it as you, he wouldnt go any more.I wouldnt either.

yeah, we've been through a lot worse, and I've been there through it, BUT that doesn't mean to say that we can just say 'well, things have been worse' and accept it. I agree with nolly in that it amazes me how many seem prepared to accept the current situation. In the past we've been crap because we've had no money and signed crap players albeit players who actually played for the shirt. Now we have spent shedloads, perhaps the most expensive squad in the division, and are crap again. I'm disillusioned but I still go as I support the team through thick and thin. Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it though.
  • in a nutshell large.