Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Donald Trump and his Mexican Wall.

He wants to build a wall on the border with Mexico.
He said if anyone does not think it will work, just look at Israel.
He also wants to send back the eleven million immigrants.Good luck with that one Don, should take the best part of five hundred years.
Mind you I reckon the Mexicans would like a wall. It would stop them lardy boys from getting in. What I like about him, he is always so reasonable.

Comments

• blokes a plank, heaven help us all if he's elected. chances are his hired help are illegals, maybe even Mexican
  • The guy is currently a really close 2nd favourite to be the Republican candidate for the 2016 presidential election, it's crazy! If someone said that here, or worse - was actually proposing it with any degree of seriousness, they'd basically just be resigning on the spot!
  • He is not second favourite. He, and Ben Carson, another wing nut, are leading polls amongst registered republicans for the presidential nomination. In the betting markets for the republican nomination the first and second favourites are Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz.
  • If Bernie sanders get the democratic nomination and trump gets the republican candidacy then the USA is in for a massive change one way or another
  • Perhaps he should settle for a Mexican wave (as opposed to wall)?

Regardless of his politics he has the most ridiculous hair cut in the western world and seems constantly angry!

This is the Repiblican voters having their Corbyn moment.
  • "Me thinks he hath more hair than wit"

William Shakespeare
  • He is not second favourite. He, and Ben Carson, another wing nut, are leading polls amongst registered republicans for the presidential nomination. In the betting markets for the republican nomination the first and second favourites are Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz.

Oh really? My quick google had him 2nd (below) - but I'm in no way 'in the know'. Saw something about him getting a disproportionately massive amount of airtime in a few debates too.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/republican-candidate
  • Sponsored links:

Oh really? My quick google had him 2nd (below) - but I'm in no way 'in the know'. Saw something about him getting a disproportionately massive amount of airtime in a few debates too.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/republican-candidate
    Apologies. You are completely right. I thought I read somewhere that Cruz was now second favourite.
  • Pretty sure the ones smuggling themselves in wont have visas though.
  • A-ha. Another flaw in the plan.

Seriously, the man is a buffoon, but he knows how to play the media. But until the "serious" field thins out, him and that other nut job Carson will keep this comedy going.
  • MrOneLung said:

What is wrong with building a wall on the border?

In some places the border is in the middle of the Rio Grande (or Rio Bravo) as the Mexicans call it. In the past the border has moved as the course of the river changes. Building a wall in the middle of a river might have unintended consequences regarding river flow and irrigation.

(I asked Mrs cafcfan to wade across so I could take a photo of her on the Mexican side. She declined not fancying another session with the humourless, armed representatives of the USA. We'd already been pulled over twice that day by the border goons. Their first question is "are you a US citizen". When you answer no and for fun add no more detail, it seems to throw them a little. They don't appear to have any back-up questions.)
  • edited November 2015
    You'd likely be humourless too, if you had to deal with what they deal with, and calling them goons diminishes you more than it does them.
  • Sponsored links:

• limeygent said:

You'd likely be humourless too, if you had to deal with what they deal with,

What ? Being American ?

Another one fishing for LOLs.
  • limeygent said:

limeygent said:

What ? Being American ?

Another one fishing for LOLs.
    I don't need to fish

• limeygent said:

You'd likely be humourless too, if you had to deal with what they deal with, and calling them goons diminishes you more than it does them.

You must have been over there so long, you've forgotten just how bad the "greeting" you get from the CBP actually is.

As a goon is "a thug hired to intimidate"... I'm sticking with the description. You make it sound as if it's some form of compulsory employment rather than a career choice.
    In any event, I'm way too insignificant to be diminished any further, thanks all the same.
  • edited November 2015

If anyone needs a spare sense of humour, there's one lying in the corner over there.

Missing, or ignoring the point aren't you? There's nothing wrong with my sense of humour.
  • limeygent said:

limeygent said:

What ? Being American ?

So many on here toss around insults at America and Americans, any chance they get, usually the same posters. My son was born in the U.S., so he's an American, his mother was an American, my partner of the last 18 years is an American. My sister is married to an American and her daughters and grand-daughters are Americans. My employees are Americans as are most of my clients.
    So maybe you could think what you are saying before you toss out your crap on here, just to get a rise out of others of similar ilk, and stick to football, something about which you have a vague chance of having a little knowledge.
    You wouldn't happen to be able to point us towards any Americans by any chance would you?
  • I love the yanks meself
  • I love the yanks meself

Potential moderator post that

Had aspirations many moons ago, but was dealt a massive kick in the bollocks and people, even lumps like me, don't come back from that.... : (