Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stone Roses to tour again

Comments

• Can't see it happening myself (although would kill to go if it does)
  • edited March 2009
    Awesome, with Faith No More back together as well all we need know is Kurt Cobain to raise again!
  • Stone Roses - The second coming or Fool's Gold?
  • Stone Roses, Faith no more, Pear Jam and the Pixies and the Smiths now that would be a festival and a half.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Stone Roses, Faith no more, Pear Jam and the Pixies and the Smiths now that would be a festival and a half.

Especially if The Smiths didn't turn up!
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Stone Roses, Faith no more, Pear Jam and the Pixies and the Smiths now that would be a festival and a half.

Heaven knows I'd be miserable if I missed that line-up.
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Especially if The Smiths didn't turn up!

21morrissey.jpg
    Replace Pearl Jam with Kyuss and add Soundgarden and I'm there!
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Stone Roses, Faith no more, Pear Jam and the Pixies and the Smiths now that would be a festival and a half.
    Replace Pearl Jam with Kyuss and add Soundgarden and I'm there!
    Change your Pearl Jam replacement with a replacement of the Pixies and also throw in Jane's Addiction and I'm there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Caspar Llewellyn Smith, Guardian Music Monthly editor was on Five live this morning and said he'd take the reports with 'a large pinch of salt'.

I dunno the ins and outs but he sounded pretty sure about it and considering the guy would love to see it happening (he ridiculously described it as 'bigger than Michael Jackson'!) to come out with that he must be pretty sure.

5Live Breakfast Podcast and go to 2hrs 56mins.
  • They're hardly Abba are they?
    Abba are the only group that I'd pay to see reform.
  • Always rumours of this but Ian Brown would never agree.

I saw grown men cry at a Brown gig when he started singing Roses songs, if the group reformed it would be a tearfest.
  • I went to see him at Brixton when he started playing the Roses songs again-I felt like crying too, it was quality. I fear that a reunion probably isn't the best idea though-with his voice and the fact that John Squire and Reni haven't done anything for yonks, it could be a damp squib.

I hope that I'm wrong though and if it does happen, I'll move heaven and earth to get a ticket.
  • [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]I went to see him at Brixton when he started playing the Roses songs again-I felt like crying too, it was quality.

I hope that I'm wrong though and if it does happen, I'll move heaven and earth to get a ticket.

Same here. My dad took me to see him at brixton when he done the roses stuff. Was pretty immense.

Would be great to see the original line up. Whether or not they crash and burn is anyones guess.
  • If anyone who has not seen Ian Brown tries to get a ticket they deserve shooting. Ian Brown is the Stone Roses, John Squire will only nause it up getting involved. He does Stone Roses songs at his gigs anyway. Just go and see the monkey man and forget about the cash cow
  • unbelievable !!!
  • Ian Brown is the Stone Roses
    Nope.. no way. Squire, mani and Reni we all individual musicians in their own right. Brown does perform Roses tunes but then he did write them. I doubt that if they did re-form they'd have the same energy and verve they had 20 years ago. The roses were never all about Ian Brown, they were a proper band.
  • John Squire formed the Seahorses after he left the Stone Roses, Mani played bass for Primal Scream and was well, Mani. Ian Brown has sonce written some complete classics since the Stone Roses, John Squire is a poncey over inflated twat who ruined The Stone Roses with his self indulgence in guitar solos.

Save any hopes and money and spend it on going and watching Ian Brown in as smaller venue as you can get tickets for it is well worth it
  • anyone trying for tickets today, hoping for a London date personally but still going to try and get tickets, seetickets.com @ 9.30 today they go on sale for both dates Friday and Saturday. no idea on price though.
  • Sponsored links:

• I will be trying. Very happy they're coming back (again!)
  • Managed to get 3 standing tickets for the Sunday after the net went into meltdown. Can't wait
  • Got 4 standing tickets for the Friday, I'm over the moon, just want it to be June already.
  • No work done all morning and no tickets either for Friday, Saturday not Sunday-ridiculous demand!

But they have just added a fourth date on the Wednesday and I've bagged four standing tickets! Hooray!
  • If anyone knows of any spares for any of the other dates, please keep the site (and me) posted as I would have definitely preferred weekend tickets. Thanks people.
  • Ive booked a hotel for the Saturday so having to tout it.

Too many babysitting issues for us to do a school night
  • I like them, but i can't think of any other band that was 10x more popular after they had already broken up.
  • Will be at the euros in France - bit gutted as I love them but have seen them before.
  • Not for me thanks. Outdoor gigs up there are always badly organized. Hard to get a drink and loads of trouble.
  • edited November 2015
    buckshee said:

Not for me thanks. Outdoor gigs up there are always badly organized. Hard to get a drink and loads of trouble.

Never experienced that myself to be honest, did oasis at Maine road & etihad, roses at Heaton & courteeners at Heaton too & the verve in Wigan haigh hall. I find the atmosphere up north & Scotland so much better than down south