Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach

Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach, the club confirmed on Sunday evening.

Following the dismissal of Guy Luzon on Saturday, the 37-year-old Belgian will take temporary charge of the Addicks’ first-team while the club undertake the process to appoint a Head Coach on a permanent basis.

With former Assistant Head Coach Damian Matthew and First-Team Coach David Martane also departing following the 3-0 defeat to Brentford at The Valley, Fraeye will be joined by fellow Belgian Wim De Corte, who joins as Interim Assistant Head Coach, and the duo will take training for the first time at Sparrows Lane on Monday.

Fraeye, who holds a UEFA A coaching license, has previous experience of the club having masterminded Charlton’s upturn in fortunes alongside José Riga at the back end of the 2013/14 Championship season in which the Addicks earned seven wins and three draws in the final 16 games to secure safety and an 18th-place finish, seven points clear of the bottom three.

The Interim Head Coach, alongside his assistant, De Corte, will now prepare for Saturday’s trip to Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium (3pm) as Charlton search for their first victory in 10 league games.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-appoint-karel-fraeye-interim-head-coach-2764769.aspx#ZkkSH2uMOmRFlkuD.99

Comments

• edited October 2015
  • Welcome carol. Is that how you spell it? Who cares. You'll be gone by Christmas.
  • We'll that'll save me a few bob between now and May. I won't go anymore this season.
  • Only been to one match since he took over. Don't plan on going to any more
  • We are the laughing stock of English football right now. So angry
  • I think that statement's pretty much been lifted off here! It's depressing that it's all become so utterly predictable.
  • This is the way the world ends
    This is the way the world ends
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a Wim de Corte
  • Sponsored links:

• ITS A TEMP.

We are searching for a new manager, someone had to come in now and coach the team, I'm sure we have have another manager soon and a higher reputation one you all desire.

Calm the fuck down

What Manager in their right mind would come to Charlton right now?
  • Hope they keep to what they say in the above statement and are undertaking the process to appoint a Head coach on a permanent basis and this bloke is just a temp.
    Please RD take your time and get the right manager this time someone with Championship experience would be great and British would be even better.
    LISTEN TO WHAT THE FANS WANT
  • So him and Wim both give up full time employment to act as caretakers !!!!!! My arse

Was just typing exactly this. Bloody joke.
  • iainment said:

We'll that'll save me a few bob between now and May. I won't go anymore this season.

Same.
  • edited October 2015
    Fucked off is understatement.
  • Another of RDs network crowd. No others have been any good, so why will this be different. I have supported Charlton for over 50 years. I do not believe that the RD regime has any concerns for the supporters. It appears RD uses CAFC as a plaything. Let's get together we want our CAFC back- not ones persons Belgium experiment.
  • Wankers. Has Pinocchio made a speech yet ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Tipping point reached. I love the club, I really do, and have done for 30 years. But the people running it now have turned us into MK Dons.
    We're a beige, bland, nothingness.
    Enough.
  • KF interim head coach (for now)
    The search will continue for a manager but KF (having left a permanent position....you gotta laugh....for a temp position) will be appointed permanent Head Coach and be joined by Riga as manager!
  • The Fraeye has hit the fan - literally!!!
  • Karl Oyston + Massimo Cellino = Roland Duchatelet

The circus continues.
  • They don't even mention the club he came from !
  • Interim my arse
  • What a crock of shit!