Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We'll be fine

Bookmark this and remind me at the end of the season if you like. Just needs a couple of good results. The ones we stuffed up were the home games, and they weren't without their share of bad luck. When Makienok, Ceballos and (lol) Reza come back, we'll see what we're really made of.

Banging on about failed experiments and something rotten at the heart of Charlton is myopic in the extreme.

Comments

• We will be ok, it's just disappointing as we have the core potential to do something good this season.
  • I expect when those 3 come back we'll have another 3 out injured anyway.
  • Of course, we'll be fine. But that's not what we wanted.

It feels like most of the Championship has built a promotion squad this season. We have to be patient and wait for our year. Look at Ipswich - they've been waiting many, many years now. The important thing is to stay decent and keep putting together squads that will compete at this level. I'm sure you'll all agree that ours can.
  • I'll add that not having Bulot is having a more detrimental effect than we'd thought it might, and that love him or loathe him we've put our next-best LW option out on loan for some reason
  • Our year may never come, in the Summer JBG and Cousins will be sold.
  • cfgs said:

Our year may never come, in the Summer JBG and Cousins will be sold.

Someone posted this last year.
  • cfgs said:

And there's the rub

We can't guarantee to hold on to our better players especially when we have a target for sales set by RD.

Would be nice if we could fill that target selling Polish Pete or Tucedean but we can't sell them so it has to be someone else.
  • masicat said:

cfgs said:

Someone posted this last year.
    But then we sold Gomez, we will sell at least one star a year, JBG I fear will have had enough by then and force a move through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be nice if we could fill that target selling Polish Pete or Tucedean but we can't sell them so it has to be someone else.

Simple then. We just need to find another club somewhere that runs their scouting network off a wonky spreadsheet... oh!
  • Leuth said:

Of course, we'll be fine. But that's not what we wanted.

It feels like most of the Championship has built a promotion squad this season. We have to be patient and wait for our year. Look at Ipswich - they've been waiting many, many years now. The important thing is to stay decent and keep putting together squads that will compete at this level. I'm sure you'll all agree that ours can.
    Ipswich have been there or thereabouts. Leicester were banging on the door for a few years. We're nowhere near the door mat!
    Ipswich have a decent manager.
  • PL54 said:

We're not going down if that is anyone's fear

Hope these don't become famous last words.
    They won't
  • Last 16 league games (1/3 of a season) under Luzon have yielded 16 points.....think he got a bit of a bounce from the end of the BP era but since then not so impressive. A point a game is very definitely relegation form.
  • I agree. Get Hendo back and we will be top 14
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

PL54 said:

Hope these don't become famous last words.
    They won't
    I actually do think when everyone is fit, we have a squad that should see us clear of relegation, my fear is just that due to how thin the squad is, there is potential to end up in this situation again further on in the season. But that aside, I can't actually see things getting any better in the years to come. With the training ground development going ahead, it's clear RD see's himself sticking around, but unless he ups his game in terms of investing in a proper squad that will see us through a season, every year it will be another case of deja vu. When are we going to stop thinking in terms of survival and start looking up the table?
  • Don't agree with it but no heard this morning that Luzon has 2 games...

....make that 1 now
  • Oakster said:

Last 16 league games (1/3 of a season) under Luzon have yielded 16 points.....think he got a bit of a bounce from the end of the BP era but since then not so impressive. A point a game is very definitely relegation form.

That's quite worrying
  • Don't agree with it but no heard this morning that Luzon has 2 games...

....make that 1 now

And Roland will be able to watch that one live on Sky Sports conveniently. I sense the Valley crowd could be very hostile, big break until we play them, we've rested up against Palace....
  • wmcf123 said:

I agree. Get Hendo back and we will be top 14

We need to get rid of Hendo and find a first team goalie that will play most games. Don't get me wrong, I like him as a keeper, but he spends more time out than in, we can't afford to carry players.
  • edited September 2015
    How many players has Luzon now had fall outs with? Watt, Bikey, Tal Ben Haim? Veto? any more?

Harriot, Wiggins?
  • I don't think we will go down, I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about us just plodding along through the next 37 or so league games with nothing really to be interested in but an unmemorable mid-table finish. If that is all you're going to aim for then I don't see the point in owning a Championship club.
  • I think there is a very good chance that we will go down. As much to do with the strength of the division as our own significant shortcomings.
  • Is there anyway we can get shot of Guy but keep Dana?
  • PL54 said:

What makes you think we can't go down?