Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

East Anglia Addicks

Moving out that way

Many of us about?

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Flagrant attempt to publicise Norfolk...

:)

Part timer me in Ha(pp)isburgh.

Is it me or are they worse drivers than London?

Also I think someone gave me 'the finger' in Wroxham the other day, I assume cos I was wearing my red nike sword polo shirt, weird
  • I wrote to Norfolk Addick but he's having none of it
  • Apologies... i mean CAFC_Norfolk

I come with good references, too

Just ask Stu and Jessie, my fellow China based addicks of the past few years
  • Moving out that way

Many of us about?

Yes mate, just north of Norwich city centre, about 5 miles from Wroxham. Got here in 1996 (with work) and decided to stay. You have made a good choice mate. Excellent city centre, excellent country pubs and local micro breweries, excellent beer festival in late October, excellent beaches and the Broads! You will find that the locals also make you feel really intelligent (probably why I stayed).

Where are you moving to?
  • edited September 2015
    still trying to decide best route up after taking the A47 to Great Yarmouth, it then turns North a bit later maybe at Acle, the other route the GPS takes to Wroxham is awful, I've driven rather than navigated so not sure how we did it but there is deffo a better way than Thorpe End/Rackheath.

I will get the missus to drive on Friday, problem is its usually dark by then
  • I live in Hales - near Loddon. Been here since 1997.

Used to own a retail business in Norwich. Now am a partner in a financial services business providing estate planning (wills trusts etc) life insurance, protection and agent for asset backed investments.

It's a decent part of the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice one... just wrote to baz and bing...
  • I live in Hempnall...just off A140 by Long Stratton. 12 miles south of Norwich. .been her since 1980...lovely place but the roads and traffic are shite....getting to the Valley is a breeze...though..A 11 then thru the Blackwall tunnel
  • Awesome. How long does that take?

Any of you ever car share?
  • razil said:

Also I think someone gave me 'the finger' in Wroxham the other day, I assume cos I was wearing my red nike sword polo shirt, weird

No, it was just his 6th one sticking out.
    Probably pointing at the cars.
  • I normally leave at 8pm ish n parked at 1030 close to The Royal Oak...breakfast at Valley cafe then wander round the club shop then the oak for a few beers n natter before the game
  • I occasionally live near Saxmundham. I drive down to Manningtree to take advantage of the network railcard discount change at Stratford for the Jubilee line to North Greenwich then the bus to Charlton.
  • If too many Charlton fans move to Norfolk, we'll have to change the song:

"Your brother is your brother,
    Your mother is your mother,
    You get on with each other,
    The normal family..."
  • Interesting point about where network railcard starts.

I've found that i can get round trip tickets from.norwich to Stratford for 18quid if bought in.advance. it's fortunate that it's on a line that offers deep discounts, at least.
  • Been living in Norfolk since 1971 and in Dereham (Norfolk) for the last 24 years) Love it.
    Good beaches in the winter on North Norfolk coast. Forest at Thetford and of course the Broads.
    Norwich certainly is a fine city.
    Regular visits to the Valley (home of football).

• Nice one, John

Why are the beaches good in winter?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice one, John

Nice for walking. Not to many tourist. Bracing sea air. Good pubs for a pint and a meal after walking. Just a few reasons to enjoy North Norfolk in the winter (or summer).
    Look to explore the Burnhams, Wells, Blakeney and Holkam - just a few of North Norfolks gems.
  • Nice one, pal

I've just discovered that there's a coule of diveable wrecks off the north coast, too!
  • There are a surprising number of Charlton supporters in Norfolk. I can normally reach the Valley in about two and a half hours. Have a meal in the Valley Cafe (think its gone a bit downhill since the old boy retired) and back to Dereham in just over 2 hours.
  • I normally leave at 8pm ish n parked at 1030 close to The Royal Oak...breakfast at Valley cafe then wander round the club shop then the oak for a few beers n natter before the game

Blimey NR, 8pm!! You're not the fella who sets off in the tractor who we all get stuck behind are you?
  • Nice one, John

Nice for walking. Not to many tourist. Bracing sea air. Good pubs for a pint and a meal after walking. Just a few reasons to enjoy North Norfolk in the winter (or summer).
    Look to explore the Burnhams, Wells, Blakeney and Holkam - just a few of North Norfolks gems.
    Good shout John. Holkham lovely and Blakeney well worth a visit for the seal spotting! Holt is also a lovely town just down the road from Blakeney.
  • Always stay in Lyng with friends when I'm over, day trips to the coast, little steam boat on The Broads, and terrific Fish and Chips, great area.
  • Live in poringland. About five miles south of Norwich. Lovely up here. Been here since 2004.
  • Any recommendations for Norwich? Pubs restaurants etc
  • edited September 2019
    Any recommendations for Norwich? Pubs restaurants etc
    The Adam and Eve was a lovely pub but I've not been up there since 2014 so may have changed.

https://whatpub.com/pubs/NOR/824/adam-eve-norwich
  • There are a surprising number of Charlton supporters in Norfolk. I can normally reach the Valley in about two and a half hours. Have a meal in the Valley Cafe (think its gone a bit downhill since the old boy retired) and back to Dereham in just over 2 hours.
    You should write a book about the delights of North Norfolk and include Charlton supporters. 

PS: i enjoyed reading your travel Book on USA and Oz.